• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This Looks Really Bad For Open Carry

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think that someone that supports rights is a great person to have on our side. . .

I love how people want to use other aspects of a persons life to disqualify them for something else unrelated.

miked

imported post

Theseus wrote:
I love how people want to use other aspects of a persons life to disqualify them for something else unrelated.
Unfortunately this is a sad reality. For a lot of people is not about what's right/wrong, true/false or good/bad, it's what they "perceive" to be right or wrong, "perceive" to be true or false or what they "perceive" to be good or bad.

One of the biggest hurdles that we as gun owners face is the perception that guns are evil and that gun owners are over zealous nut jobs. We know that's not true but that's how most of the media portrays us therefore that's how a lot of society perceives us.

When it comes to public opinion and perception, aspects of our lives that should be irrelevant and private are suddenly front line and can used to make us appear as something we are not.

Fact: Man owns guns.
Fact: Man attends a church where the pastor prays that the president is struck down by god.
Fact: Man attends presidential rallies carrying his gun.
Fact: Man's done nothing illegal and is simply exercising his rights.

Possible perception 1: He's a lawful responsible citizen that is exercising his right to bear arms and freedom of religion. He's done nothing illegal and is well within his rights to do what he pleases.

Possible Perception 2: He's a nut job, should never be allowed anywhere near the president and the reason guns should be removed from normal citizens. (Sadly, I have co-workers/relatives that have expressed this opinion).

I've observed reaction from both sides on this one and I agree that this is a very slippery slope. I see how this can benefit the cause and I can also see how it can hurt it. I'm curious to see how it plays out and what spin it gets from various media sources.

The Donkey

imported post

In an interview with ABC 15 outside the storefront Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Broughton said of Anderson's controversial August 16 "Why I Hate Barack Obama" sermon: "I concur, I think we'd be better off if God would send [Obama] where he's going now instead of later. [Obama] is destroying our country."

And when a reporter followed up with, "you're not advocating violence against the president?" Broughton, who has previously said his weapons are for defense, says "I'm not going to answer that question directly."

"I don't care how God does it, I'm not going into further detail than that," Broughton says. "It would be better now than later."

We need to run -- not walk -- away from this person and his contemptable views.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
In an interview with ABC 15 outside the storefront Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Broughton said of Anderson's controversial August 16 "Why I Hate Barack Obama" sermon: "I concur, I think we'd be better off if God would send [Obama] where he's going now instead of later. [Obama] is destroying our country."

And when a reporter followed up with, "you're not advocating violence against the president?" Broughton, who has previously said his weapons are for defense, says "I'm not going to answer that question directly."

"I don't care how God does it, I'm not going into further detail than that," Broughton says. "It would be better now than later."

Oh yeah dinkey, you're soooooo right. That's far more offensive than obozo's minister who called us US of KKKA, "not God Bless America, Goddamn America, itz in da bible!! Fuh killin' innocent people". Yeah I can totally see where you're coming from. We should all reject a man's OC'ing of an AR15 near obozo becausethe man'spreacher used terminology that is less offensive than the asinine movies and books (called art by moonbats) that were inspired by the ideas of Bush's assaination.

IT'S LIBERAL HALF WITS calling this "advocating violence". The same libtards who celebrated "art" that reveled in the VIOLENT demise of a president now has their panties in a wad because some obscure man's preacher made some innocous statements abouta commie scumbag who tricked the stupidest people in the country to vote for him. (Some smart people too, but they have buyers remorse now)The same mindless parasites who told us obozo's minister preaching that the US DESERVED 9/11, had no bearing on how this "man" would be a "centrist" and fix everything. Well guess what? Obozo has proved he is afascist self absorbed nutcase, he has surrounded himself with equally insane leftist rabble, and now that everything this a$$clown has touched is worse, we're supposed tofocus attention to the ravings of some nobody?

Regardless, wishing death upon people is most often viewed negatively. I do not base mymorality, or the strength of my principleson what the majority is programmed to think. All leftists are malignant, andforevery pinko commie thugthat dies, regardless of the cause, it promotes a freer society. So if obozo dies of a heart attack, I will celebrate.I actually hope it's a natural cause, just so the parasites of society don't burn down the cities, which they certainly will, even if it turns out some leftist twit is the trigger man. (like it was for Kennedy and Reagan)

I for damn sure don't care about this BS. If the guy wearing the AR in AZ runs for president, I'll care. I cared when it was obozo, but too many morons were sold an a$$hat messiah by the likes of CBS ABS PBS CNNBS and "the donkey", now they expect us to worry about this?

Is it any wonder their party mascot is a jackass?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

Oh yeah dinkey, you're soooooo right. That's far more offensive than obozo's minister who called us US of KKKA, "not God Bless America, Goddamn America, itz in da bible!! Fuh killin' innocent people". Yeah I can totally see where you're coming from. We should all reject a man's OC'ing of an AR15 near obozo becausethe man'spreacher used terminology that is less offensive than the asinine movies and books (called art by moonbats) that were inspired by the ideas of Bush's assaination.

IT'S LIBERAL HALF WITS calling this "advocating violence". The same libtards who celebrated "art" that reveled in the VIOLENT demise of a president now has their panties in a wad because some obscure man's preacher made some innocous statements abouta commie scumbag who tricked the stupidest people in the country to vote for him. (Some smart people too, but they have buyers remorse now)The same mindless parasites who told us obozo's minister preaching that the US DESERVED 9/11, had no bearing on how this "man" would be a "centrist" and fix everything. Well guess what? Obozo has proved he is afascist self absorbed nutcase, he has surrounded himself with equally insane leftist rabble, and now that everything this a$$clown has touched is worse, we're supposed tofocus attention to the ravings of some nobody?

Regardless, wishing death upon people is most often viewed negatively. I do not base mymorality, or the strength of my principleson what the majority is programmed to think. All leftists are malignant, andforevery pinko commie thugthat dies, regardless of the cause, it promotes a freer society. So if obozo dies of a heart attack, I will celebrate.I actually hope it's a natural cause, just so the parasites of society don't burn down the cities, which they certainly will, even if it turns out some leftist twit is the trigger man. (like it was for Kennedy and Reagan)

I for damn sure don't care about this BS. If the guy wearing the AR in AZ runs for president, I'll care. I cared when it was obozo, but too many morons were sold an a$$hat messiah by the likes of CBS ABS PBS CNNBS and "the donkey", now they expect us to worry about this?

:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate

You nailed it dude!

CrossFire

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate

You nailed it dude!
Very well said.:celebrate

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

You nailed it dude!
+999999999

In fact, may I quote that on my blog? Linking to this thread, of course.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
We should all reject a man's OC'ing of an AR15 near obozo
His name is 'Obama.' He's your President. Show some respect for this country, and quit being an extremist wacko who is a walking, talking advertisement for gun control.

So if obozo dies of a heart attack, I will celebrate.
America, celebrate your gun owners!

PT111

imported post

One of the biggest hurdles that we as gun owners face is the perception that guns are evil and that gun owners are over zealous nut jobs. We know that's not true but that's how most of the media portrays us therefore that's how a lot of society perceives us.

Actually that describes some gun owners. However they are the small minority but do tend to be the most vocal and the media loves it. What more can they ask than someone asking the future president what do you plan to do to protect my baby pointing to his gun. Perfect 10 second sound bite.

KBCraig

imported post

suntzu wrote:
Is this the same Steve Anderson who challenges Border Patrol checkpoints and was allegedly assaulted by Arizona DPS and beaten and arrested who can be seen on the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUzd7G875Hc

?
Ain't no "allegedly" about it. They had no reason to doubt his citizenship (he was already well known to them). For no reason other than "you will respect my authoritay!" and forcing him to comply, they smashed his windows, tazed him, and beat the hell out of him.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:
We should all reject a man's OC'ing of an AR15 near obozo
His name is 'Obama.' He's your President. Show some respect for this country, and quit being an extremist wacko who is a walking, talking advertisement for gun control.

His name is irrelevant, the fact that he's made everything he's touched worse is far more important. YOU OF ALL PEOPLE TALK ABOUT RESPECT?! Look the word up first. For someone who exploits a vocabulary the way you do it shouldn't be too hard. Maybe show some respect for people who risk their lives defending what they believe in, even if you're programmed to "think" they are tools of some oppresive agency. While you're at it quit being a bed wetting leftist mole and go join your friends at moveon.org and bite the fingers off 65 y/o's who oppose your "president".

As always, GO F%CK YOURSELF.

So if obozo dies of a heart attack, I will celebrate.
America, celebrate your gun owners!

America, celebrate the freedoms dip$h!ts like SMOKING357 exploit to take the rest of yours away. Use those freedoms to resist them. Even if it means OCing an AR near obozo, and when fascist mouthpieces like SMOKING357 make a big deal out of something your minister says, tell him to go f^ck himself. Obviously the only people who made an issue out of it were the pinkos, and who gives a damn what they "think"? We made massive headway and I'm just tickled that this self appointed elitist group of scumbags are so bent out of shape. Has there ever been better publicity that OC was legal? Did anything happen that the bed wetters can point to for a reason to end it? Then why would a member of this forum go out of his way to point out some innocuous quotes from some obscure pastor?

They're grasping at anything they can to bring us down, and doing their best to drive a wedge between us and LEO's. Hence the existence of SMOKING357.

The Donkey

imported post

Sorry that you're reading impaired

But as I said in black and white above, I am concerned about what Broughton said, not his Pastor.
To quote a friend, "you remind me of one of those peasants in the French Revoluton eagerly manning the guillotines and looking for which "traitor" to behead next. What has that attitude ever accomplished in history?"

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkey wrote:

But as I said in black and white above, I am concerned about what Broughton said, not his Pastor.
To quote a friend, "you remind me of one of those peasants in the French Revoluton eagerly manning the guillotines and looking for which "traitor" to behead next. What has that attitude ever accomplished in history?"
Blow it out your 4th point of contact jacka$$, we can go through reams of what obozo has said, THIS POST IS ABOUT THE PASTOR. I don't care what any of these people said they aren't the president, and nothing they've said is nearly as offensive as the BULL$H!T regurgitated by people inside and associated with this regime.

Furthermore, for all your whining about "extremists", why is it that you take every comment to the extreme? Comparing these people (and me) to french revolution executioners? WTF?! Are you that afraid you might someday be called to answer for your actions? Or are you that desperate to marginalize COMMON SENSE?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

Blow it out your 4th point of contact jacka$$, we can go through reams of what obozo has said, THIS POST IS ABOUT THE PASTOR. I don't care what any of these people said they aren't the president, and nothing they've said is nearly as offensive as the BULL$H!T regurgitated by people inside and associated with this regime.

Furthermore, for all your whining about "extremists", why is it that you take every comment to the extreme? Comparing these people (and me) to french revolution executioners? WTF?! Are you that afraid you might someday be called to answer for your actions? Or are you that desperate to marginalize COMMON SENSE?
It's official: you're a hate-filled wacko who is worse for gun owners than Sarah Brady.

thx997303

imported post

How exactly can you be so virulently against any sort of policing force at all, while whining and moaning when we call obama obozo?

Stop being such a whack job.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
How exactly can you be so virulently against any sort of policing force at all,
So to you people of lesser imagination, any movement to rein in thus thug force we have now is a complete abolition of all police forces?

Wow.

P.S., show me where any of the Founders or John Locke ever discussed a police force.