• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many rounds in a "brick" of ammo?

How many rounds in a "brick"?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

smoking357

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
As suggested, simple poll. When you say a "brick," how many rounds are you refering to?
"Brick" only refers to .22, typically to a box of 10 Remington Thunderbolt 50 boxes. The rectangular shape of this box, and its heft, evokes a literal brick.

The 550 box of cheaper .22 Wal-Mart sells is properly called a "value pack."

Federal, Winchester, and Aguila (<-- +1) hold to the standard "brick" packaging convention.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
As suggested, simple poll. When you say a "brick," how many rounds are you refering to?

500 is definitely a "brick".

I saw the other thread where this came up. I usually shoot CCI Green tag, and they only come inwhat I beleive to bea "box".

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

I saw the other thread where this came up. I usually shoot CCI Green tag, and they only come inwhat I beleive to bea "box".

Maybe it's a regional thing? I've never heard anyone around here refer to anything other than a 100 round box of .22 as a "brick".

wrightme

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
Ten -fifty round boxes= 500 rounds or a 'brick'.

Loose pack of 550 rounds = a 'brick'. :dude:

At least in these psrts.
Yep. Never heard a "box" of 50 or 100 referred to as something else.
The container with 10 boxes of 50 rounds each is roughly shaped and sized like a "brick."

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

Maybe it's a regional thing? I've never heard anyone around here refer to anything other than a 100 round box of .22 as a "brick".
You're probably just not allowed to play with the bigger boxes of ammo in Connecticut.;) We also call a big can of beer a "silo"

smoking357

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Because that would be stupid or possibly in line with corporate America's ongoing ripoff of downsizing size but keeping prices and expectations at the levels of the longstanding quantity.

A "half gallon" of ice cream is now 1.5 quarts.

MrMitch wrote:
Nah. That's recent and sloppy and comes from the guys who buy ammo at Wal-Mart and don't know any better. The guys who buy a brick of .22 pay more to avoid having to buy one of those crappy value packs. Plus, those crappy boxes are square-shaped.

We're from roughly the same area.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Because that would be stupid or possibly in line with corporate America's ongoing ripoff of downsizing size but keeping prices and expectations at the levels of the longstanding quantity.

LOL

Carnivore

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

MrMitch wrote:
Nah. That's recent and sloppy and comes from the guys who buy ammo at Wal-Mart and don't know any better. The guys who buy a brick of .22 pay more to avoid having to buy one of those crappy value packs. Plus, those crappy boxes are square-shaped.

We're from roughly the same area.

Tell us Smoking 24/7/365 what differences have you logged in the ballistics and performance overall of ammo bought from any specialty sportings supply store versus the same exact specs and mfg. of ammo bought from a Walmart??

Inquiring minds want to know!!:lol:

Carnivore

imported post

I originally thought the survey concerned Glock, as in how many different round mags. available for a glock, oh well Brick/Glock whats the difference?

Alexcabbie

imported post

Well if the antis have their way the only ammo we'll have is bricks to throw, so maybe a brick is one round. :uhoh: And a round of ammo is one cartridge but a round of beer is one for everyone in the gang. Phantom Fireworks, where I don't buy firecrackers and bottlerockets whicch I don't then smuggle down here calls packs of 500 AND 1000 crackers "bricks".

.22LR ammo is usually packed tightly with no plastic tray thingies so I guess 500 rounds of .22lr would be a brick, and the ten 50-round boxes I have would be "briquettes"; and boy wouldn't they provide some excitement at a barbecue? :celebrate

thx997303

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
I originally thought the survey concerned Glock, as in how many different round mags. available for a glock, oh well Brick/Glock whats the difference?
LOL, I think you would be right. Other would be the best option in that survey.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Carnivore wrote:

Tell us Smoking 24/7/365 what differences have you logged in the ballistics and performance overall of ammo bought from any specialty sportings supply store versus the same exact specs and mfg. of ammo bought from a Walmart??

Inquiring minds want to know!!:lol:
When I receive a new barrel or gun, I shoot it offhand using the B-19 target for a minimum of 150 rounds, per type of ammo. I mark and log all of my targets and arrive at an average score, bearing in mind that how I react to a type of ammo through recoil and sound is as important as how the ammo absolutely shoots.

Once I have the highest average scores, I note the best ammo and destroy the targets. The best-performing ammo is usually what costs the most. Federal Standard Velocity is a decent cheapy. Model 41s love Green Tag. K-17s are finicky but come alive with Aguila Standard Velocity. Wolf Match Target is great, but it can give FTEs. I have never been able to wring much out of Remington Target. Eley is impeccable, and their various classes are beyond my ability to measure. Perhaps rimfire benchrest shooters can notice a difference. My favorite all-around ammo is Aguila. It's affordable, and you'll see it on the 2700 and Standard Pistol lines. I've tried it all, it seems, and I have little desire to wander, at this point.

That bulk stuff is so inconsistent that it's really only to be used for having fun shooting cans with a 10/22.

Has anyone shot a measurable amount of SB Club ? I have one box, and the quality is meticulous. I don't dare shoot it.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Brick is a generic term for a larger box of ammo, usually at least 100 for centerfire, and 500 or more for rimfire. It is usually reserved though for the 500 or 550 round packages of .22

I use Federal bulk out of my match grade Mossberg 44US(c) and find it plenty good for the casual plinking I do, usually empty shotgun shells or so at around 50 yards. Once I get around to scoping it, I'll stretch the distance some.