• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many rounds in a "brick" of ammo?

How many rounds in a "brick"?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Carnivore

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Carnivore wrote:

Tell us Smoking 24/7/365 what differences have you logged in the ballistics and performance overall of ammo bought from any specialty sportings supply store versus the same exact specs and mfg. of ammo bought from a Walmart??

Inquiring minds want to know!!:lol:
When I receive a new barrel or gun, I shoot it offhand using the B-19 target for a minimum of 150 rounds, per type of ammo. I mark and log all of my targets and arrive at an average score, bearing in mind that how I react to a type of ammo through recoil and sound is as important as how the ammo absolutely shoots.

Once I have the highest average scores, I note the best ammo and destroy the targets. The best-performing ammo is usually what costs the most. Federal Standard Velocity is a decent cheapy. Model 41s love Green Tag. K-17s are finicky but come alive with Aguila Standard Velocity. Wolf Match Target is great, but it can give FTEs. I have never been able to wring much out of Remington Target. Eley is impeccable, and their various classes are beyond my ability to measure. Perhaps rimfire benchrest shooters can notice a difference. My favorite all-around ammo is Aguila. It's affordable, and you'll see it on the 2700 and Standard Pistol lines. I've tried it all, it seems, and I have little desire to wander, at this point.

That bulk stuff is so inconsistent that it's really only to be used for having fun shooting cans with a 10/22.

Has anyone shot a measurable amount of SB Club ? I have one box, and the quality is meticulous. I don't dare shoot it.
Thank you. I concur with you on Eley, but I have tons of squirrels that won't argue with the so called bulk 2nd rate, but yes Eley should be the choice of match grade shooters if cutting holes at 40yds is your game, I know of a group of match shooters that will clean anybodys piggy bank out for 25 cents a shot..

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Thank you. I concur with you on Eley, but I have tons of squirrels that won't argue with the so called bulk 2nd rate, but yes Eley should be the choice of match grade shooters if cutting holes at 40yds is your game, I know of a group of match shooters that will clean anybodys piggy bank out for 25 cents a shot..
Let's put it this way: that bulk crap is the only ammo about which my friends and I have ever said "I have some of this crap I need to shoot up."

Hillmann

imported post

wrightme wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
So when should I expect my brick to be delivered, or do I have to come pick it up?
Pick up only. 10 day limit or I go and shoot it all. :p
I will be there tomarrow but I want my 500 rounds to be.222.
Is that also a "brick?" :dude:

If you go to the thread whare the bet was made AWD just said winner gits 500 rounds, he didn't say a brick. I think I am being nice by at least keeping it the same calibar as what we were originaly talking about.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

A brick is 500rnds of .22lr. Trying to claim otherwise is like saying water isn't wet. I find it sad that a lack of knowledge is met with such arrogance as to try to argue the matter.

"Well, I think a gallon is 7 decilitres! You're just stupid!"

WTF?

Alexcabbie

imported post

Hillmann wrote:
wrightme wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
So when should I expect my brick to be delivered, or do I have to come pick it up?

If you go to the thread whare the bet was made AWD just said winner gits 500 rounds, he didn't say a brick. I think I am being nice by at least keeping it the same calibar as what we were originaly talking about.
I rather think Styles wouldn't last two rounds with any of us. 500 is beyond superfluous.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
wrightme wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Hillmann wrote:

I rather think Styles wouldn't last two rounds with any of us. 500 is beyond superfluous.

:quirky

Hillmann

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
wrightme wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Hillmann wrote:

A little of topic don't you think?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Hillmann wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
wrightme wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Hillmann wrote:

A little of topic don't you think?

You're new and new to GD, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Alex thinks I'm an entire Yale fraternity. A few other people think I'm a girl. Everyone else thinks I'm Obama's personal assistant.

Hillmann

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
You're new and new to GD, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Alex thinks I'm an entire Yale fraternity. A few other people think I'm a girl. Everyone else thinks I'm Obama's personal assistant.
You should infor the group what you are, sopeople stop refering to you as he/she/it like in some of the recent arguments with idontownone.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hillmann wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
You should infor the group what you are, sopeople stop refering to you as he/she/it like in some of the recent arguments with idontownone.
And maybe, form or take a useful position? NEVER!!!!

Doing something that makes sense just goes against too many of it's established principles.

Hillmann

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
And maybe, form or take a useful position? NEVER!!!!

Doing something that makes sense just goes against too many of it's established principles.
Is that really necessary?

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Ahhh... The 500 rd 'value packs' that I have been buying for years had clouded my memory of the 10-box 'bricks' of old... (Yes, I realize that they are likely still very common, but...) Thus why I did not associate a 500rd 'box' as being anything in resemblance to a 'brick' while a 100 rd (box/container/brick?) still is the shape of a brick and is organized thus the EASY mis-interpretation.

In Addition: I have seen many many MANY times (even since childhood) ammo counter employees refer to the 100rd (b/c/b?) as a 'Brick'.

Therefore, in conclusion: the term 'Brick' is simply an adjective that could be considered subjective and possibly even susceptible to variance over time.

shad0wfax

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
I originally thought the survey concerned Glock, as in how many different round mags. available for a glock, oh well Brick/Glock whats the difference?
I originally thought the survey concerned the Hi-Point...

WOOOP!

shad0wfax

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
And I think you were a troll as AWDstylez and are still a troll known as AyeYo.

However, I have to agree that I've always associated "brick" of .22 LR ammo with a 500 rd box.

AyeYo

Banned
imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
And I think you were a troll as AWDstylez and are still a troll known as AyeYo.

And about 5 mil other names. Proxies are a great thing.