Thread: Firearm on a Motorbike

Post imported post

If you are on your motorbike and you are about to enter a school zone (1000 ft), can you place it into a locking sadlebag and be ok? The law states that in order to transport a firearm through a school zone that it has to be on your trunk or in a lockbox. Would a locking sadlebag constitute a "lockbox" or "trunk"?

If this new law passes about 1500 feet, they are adding that the firearm must be "in a lockbox in the trunk" ... my understanding of that, I would need to keep a "lockbox" with me that would fit into my sadlebag.

Can I get some clarification of this as I would like to be able to take my bike out to OC as I have to travel through many school zones to get to a place where I can OC.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

See this thread for a little more info. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/30632.html
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

unfortunately, that did not answer my question. A sadlebag is NOT a trunk. So would it be considered a trunk, for the following example, or would it be considered concealed?

Post imported post

As long as it is in a secure and locked container, then you are fine.

Post imported post

Thank you very much. Good and informative videos on youtube also. Watched every one.

Post imported post

edit!
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

wolfetundra wrote:
    Thank you very much. Good and informative videos on youtube also. Watched every one.
    Thanks, that means a lot

Post imported post

Anytime ... I would recommend the videos to anyone else who would be considering OCing. I mean its one thing to know the laws, its another to see the actual applications thereof.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

wolfetundra wrote:
    unfortunately, that did not answer my question. A sadlebag is NOT a trunk. So would it be considered a trunk, for the following example, or would it be considered concealed?
    Well others posted before me, suffice to say that thread has the PC code in one of my messages that would have made it a little more clear. Just lock them up one way or another.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin