• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearm on a Motorbike

wolfetundra

imported post

If you are on your motorbike and you are about to enter a school zone (1000 ft), can you place it into a locking sadlebag and be ok? The law states that in order to transport a firearm through a school zone that it has to be on your trunk or in a lockbox. Would a locking sadlebag constitute a "lockbox" or "trunk"?

If this new law passes about 1500 feet, they are adding that the firearm must be "in a lockbox in the trunk" ... my understanding of that, I would need to keep a "lockbox" with me that would fit into my sadlebag.

Can I get some clarification of this as I would like to be able to take my bike out to OC as I have to travel through many school zones to get to a place where I can OC.

wolfetundra

imported post

unfortunately, that did not answer my question. A sadlebag is NOT a trunk. So would it be considered a trunk, for the following example, or would it be considered concealed?

wolfetundra

imported post

Anytime ... I would recommend the videos to anyone else who would be considering OCing. I mean its one thing to know the laws, its another to see the actual applications thereof.

coolusername2007

imported post

wolfetundra wrote:
unfortunately, that did not answer my question. A sadlebag is NOT a trunk. So would it be considered a trunk, for the following example, or would it be considered concealed?
Well others posted before me, suffice to say that thread has the PC code in one of my messages that would have made it a little more clear. Just lock them up one way or another.