• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ahh, man, pros and cons

glockaholic

imported post

I'm really enjoying my visit to TN. Y'all have a great state. I'm also enjoying being able to CC in restaurants that serve alcohol, something I currently can't do back home. But then, I can open carry without a permit back home too. Pros and cons to each situation. Ain't America great? Now we just need to be working in both our states to get our respective remaining silly laws off the books (for example, NC prohibits CC at any event that one has paid admission to get into... go figure).

aadvark

imported post

The assemblies and establishments Law in North Carolina needs to be repealed, next the State Properties Law concerning firearms needs to be repealed as well. Then the silly 'going armed to the terror of the public' clause needs to go, along with the 'display' exception to State preemption.

ProguninTN

imported post

Fallguy wrote:
Vermont type carry forall statesI say... :)
If it can be done, great. However, I suspect some states will never go for it. Until then, AK style. (VT residents have problems when traveling, forced to apply for non-resident permits, or not carry because some states do not honor non-resident permits.)