• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State parks and Concealed carry

Ss

imported post

I was wondering if anyone has any info on Carrying concealed in AR state parks.

Kind of sucks. In AR you can only hunt small game with a .22 pistol. I would grab a small game permit and OC and say I am small game hunting but I don't want to pack a .22.

Getting ready to go on a backpacking trip. I am not going out in the woods without my .44 or at least my glock.

National Forest screws everything up to. And I don't want to buy an out of state deer tag so I can OC and go during deer season. I could pack my 12 guage but don't really want to lug it around for 30-40miles. HA HA

Starting at Lake Ft. Smith Park and hopefully heading down to White Rock MT area on its loop.

Any suggestion or insight would be welcome. I hate being without my gun.

OC in MO while hiking and just say I am hunting feral hogs. Open all year! I will shoot one to if I see one.

Gordon Shumway

imported post

Guys, you need to co-ordinate your thinking.

State Parks, National Parks, USDA Forest Service, State Game and Fish, and general rules for rivers and private land areNOT necessarily the same.

Getting arrested for (open or concealed) firearmscarry due to your misunderstanding the appropriate lawcan cost you lots of money to defend yourself in court.... even if you win.

And if you don't, you could lose your gun privledges if thecharge was a felony or even a high class misdemeanor.