Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmm, tired of not being able to OC

Post imported post

Texas sucks. I think I may end up OCing myself a long gun when I get back to Utah.

Perfect opportunity to get back to my regularly scheduled programming.

Guess I want to be the test case.

Centurion

Post imported post

I have thought about OC'ing a fully automatic supressed pistol... you know like a M10 or M11... just one or two problems... I don't have the BATFE tax stamp and I don't have the weapon or the silencer...

I wonder if we could get the State Legislature to repeal their ban on Concealed carry of fully automatic or supressed weapons... LOL Just wishfull thinking, I guess!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

Maybe, on the state or federal level?

If it were at the state level, which I don't think it is, we have a good legislature for it.

Wonder, with all the OC familiarization we've done, if they will over react to a slung rifle.

Guess we shall see.

Post imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
    I wonder if we could get the State Legislature to repeal their ban on Concealed carry of fully automatic or supressed weapons.
    I can't find anything in Utah law that would prohibit concealed carry of fully automatic or suppressed firearms. The only Utah Code restriction I can find on fully automatic firearms is on possession by a minor. I cannot find even a mention of silenced or suppressed firearms in Utah Code.

If you know of any, please post a cite so we can all learn.

Post imported post

Oleg Volk says it best:

Centurion

Post imported post

rpyne wrote:
    JoeSparky wrote:
    I wonder if we could get the State Legislature to repeal their ban on Concealed carry of fully automatic or supressed weapons.
    I can't find anything in Utah law that would prohibit concealed carry of fully automatic or suppressed firearms. The only Utah Code restriction I can find on fully automatic firearms is on possession by a minor. I cannot find even a mention of silenced or suppressed firearms in Utah Code.

My mistake... the only reference I can find is in http://www.le.utah.gov/UtahCode/getC...code=76-10-504

(3)Anyone concealing asawed off shotgun or a short barrelled rifle is guilty of a felony.

Concealed permit holders are exempt from 76-10-504 (1), and (2) and 76-10-505 per

http://www.le.utah.gov/UtahCode/getC...code=76-10-523subsection 2.
    I don't see anything about a concealling a fully automaticand/or suppressedweaponthat is not a short barrelled rifle or a sawed off shotgun. Thank for having me revisit this code....
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

After school move back or test the waters and OC would make for a great court case.
    Zach
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

Post imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
    I have thought about OC'ing a fully automatic supressed pistol... you know like a M10 or M11... just one or two problems... I don't have the BATFE tax stamp and I don't have the weapon or the silencer...

I wonder if we could get the State Legislature to repeal their ban on Concealed carry of fully automatic or supressed weapons... LOL Just wishfull thinking, I guess!
    I think there are federal laws covering this as well as the purchase and posession of "fully automatic" weapons. I would look it up, but it's 2:00 AM, and I'm just on and off to bed. It's been a long day and I'm being a sloth right now.

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Centurion

Post imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
    JoeSparky wrote:

I think there are federal laws covering this as well as the purchase and posession of "fully automatic" weapons. I would look it up, but it's 2:00 AM, and I'm just on and off to bed. It's been a long day and I'm being a sloth right now.

Kevin
    The Federal laws require completing the application form, getting the signature of a Police chief or County Sheriff, paying the $200.00 tax on both the fully-automatic firearm and the silencer.

For a fully automatic weapon not for LE or military the weapon must have been manufactured and registered as an automatic weapon before 1986. The silencer can be of new construction. In fact, with the correct paperwork to BATFE you can make your own.

Utah does not restrict the ownership or possesionor useany more strictly that other weapons. Unlike Washington state where it is legal to own a silencer but illegal to install such on a firearm.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Maybe, on the state or federal level?

If it were at the state level, which I don't think it is, we have a good legislature for it.

Wonder, with all the OC familiarization we've done, if they will over react to a slung rifle.

Guess we shall see.
    Is your intent to exercise you 2nd ammendment right or is it to stir the pot? The answer to that question should determine if you do this or not.

Either way, good luck.

Post imported post

Excercising (sp?) my right to OC is why I feel like doing this. I haven't been able to in the past year.

Though, I am curious as to the possible reaction.

Post imported post

ok then, carry on

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
    rpyne wrote:
    JoeSparky wrote:

My mistake... the only reference I can find is in http://www.le.utah.gov/UtahCode/getC...code=76-10-504

(3)Anyone concealing asawed off shotgun or a short barrelled rifle is guilty of a felony.

Concealed permit holders are exempt from 76-10-504 (1), and (2) and 76-10-505 per

http://www.le.utah.gov/UtahCode/getC...code=76-10-523subsection 2.
    I don't see anything about a concealling a fully automaticand/or suppressedweaponthat is not a short barrelled rifle or a sawed off shotgun. Thank for having me revisit this code....
    This might be a good spot to ask a question I had.

With all this said..... Can a person CC or even OC an AR pistol?

Its not a SBR, rifle or any thing else. Its a pistol, maybe a bit excesive at times but still a pistol, but I would like to compare it to the FN Five-seveN pistol that holds 20 small rifle rnds

Post imported post

Yep, the law makes no differentiation between long arms and pistols, and so you can oc your ar pistol. As long as it was manufactured as a pistol.

I am unsure however of your ability to cc an ar pistol. They are quite large.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Yep, the law makes no differentiation between long arms and pistols, and so you can oc your ar pistol. As long as it was manufactured as a pistol.

I was thinking in a coat durring the winter

In walmart :P

Post imported post

Is that a pistol or are you just happy to see me?:shock:

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Just get a really big Smartcarry, who cares about printing...

Post imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
    I've not found it practical to carry (open or concealed) a suppressed pistol. Most holsters just don't accommodate this well. If you do want to get into a suppressed pistol, I recommend starting with a nice .22 can. I've got half a dozen Sig Mosquito+Gemtech Outback II combos that are looking for good homes right now (I'll happily sell them at my cost to forum members).

I word of warning however, getting bitten by the class 3 bug can grow to be expensive. With the rising cost of ammo, I find I get less and less enjoyment out of shooting full-auto (something about measuring your ammo costs in dollars/sec takes some of the fun out of it).

Post imported post

leeland wrote:
    With the rising cost of ammo, I find I get less and less enjoyment out of shooting full-auto (something about measuring your ammo costs in dollars/sec takes some of the fun out of it).
    LOL, I've never heard it put that way before. Guess I'm lucky to have a rich uncle that gives me automatic weapons and the bullet by the thousands to shoot out of them.

Since the military has given me plenty of time to remove the novelty of it, I have learned that there are only two positive purposes for full auto fire. One is to defend against the Mongolian Horde and the other is to scream, "Go Away!" Usually, all it really does is burn through a finite supply of ammo and shout, "Here I am. Shoot me!" I prefer long range precision weapons that cause the other guy to think, "Pop!" "What happened to..." "Pop!"

Post imported post

Francis Marion wrote:
    leeland wrote:
    With the rising cost of ammo, I find I get less and less enjoyment out of shooting full-auto (something about measuring your ammo costs in dollars/sec takes some of the fun out of it).
    LOL, I've never heard it put that way before. Guess I'm lucky to have a rich uncle that gives me automatic weapons and the bullet by the thousands to shoot out of them.

Since the military has given me plenty of time to remove the novelty of it, I have learned that there are only two positive purposes for full auto fire. One is to defend against the Mongolian Horde and the other is to scream, "Go Away!" Usually, all it really does is burn through a finite supply of ammo and shout, "Here I am. Shoot me!" I prefer long range precision weapons that cause the other guy to think, "Pop!" "What happened to..." "Pop!"
    Tell it like it is you old swamp fox.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Excercising (sp?) my right to OC is why I feel like doing this. I haven't been able to in the past year.

What kind of long gun you lookin' to OC?

Couldn't you OC with a handgun instead of with a long gun?

Post imported post

Yes I could, but why? I already have done that, and I haven't been able to OC for a year now because I have been in Texas.

Why do you care anyway?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    SNIP I haven't been able to OC for a year now because I have been in Texas.
    Good lord, has it been a year already?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    thx997303 wrote:

What kind of long gun you lookin' to OC?

Couldn't you OC with a handgun instead of with a long gun?

Yes I could, but why? I already have done that, and I haven't been able to OC for a year now because I have been in Texas.
    I don't follow your thinking. OK. Let's see if I got it right:

1. You have OC'd before--a handgun. In UT.

2. You have been in Texas for a year. No opportunity to OC ahandgun.

3. You miss OCing. A handgun.

4. You're going back to UT. You will be able to do what you miss. OC a handgun.

5. Instead, you want to OC something different. A rifle.

6. Your motivation to OC a rifle is to do something you haven't done. To get a "reaction." To be a "test case."

That about it, thx?

Post imported post

Test case? No, I am merely curious as to the possible reaction. It is not the reason I want to do this.

Hank, join the military, be separated from your family for a year, have nearly all liberties stripped, wake up at 3 in the morning everyday except for saturday and sunday, wake up and pull guard duty in the middle of the night several nights a week, pull many 24 hour shifts as well, etc, etc. Then see how you feel about your liberty.

If you have already done this, then you should know how I feel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast