• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hmm, tired of not being able to OC

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Excercising (sp?) my right to OC is why I feel like doing this. I haven't been able to in the past year.

Though, I am curious as to the possible reaction.
What kind of long gun you lookin' to OC?

Couldn't you OC with a handgun instead of with a long gun?

thx997303

imported post

Yes I could, but why? I already have done that, and I haven't been able to OC for a year now because I have been in Texas.

Why do you care anyway?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
HankT wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
Excercising (sp?) my right to OC is why I feel like doing this. I haven't been able to in the past year.

Though, I am curious as to the possible reaction.
What kind of long gun you lookin' to OC?

Couldn't you OC with a handgun instead of with a long gun?
Yes I could, but why? I already have done that, and I haven't been able to OC for a year now because I have been in Texas.
I don't follow your thinking. OK. Let's see if I got it right:

1. You have OC'd before--a handgun. In UT.

2. You have been in Texas for a year. No opportunity to OC ahandgun.

3. You miss OCing. A handgun.

4. You're going back to UT. You will be able to do what you miss. OC a handgun.

5. Instead, you want to OC something different. A rifle.

6. Your motivation to OC a rifle is to do something you haven't done. To get a "reaction." To be a "test case."

That about it, thx?

thx997303

imported post

Test case? No, I am merely curious as to the possible reaction. It is not the reason I want to do this.

Hank, join the military, be separated from your family for a year, have nearly all liberties stripped, wake up at 3 in the morning everyday except for saturday and sunday, wake up and pull guard duty in the middle of the night several nights a week, pull many 24 hour shifts as well, etc, etc. Then see how you feel about your liberty.

If you have already done this, then you should know how I feel.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Test case? No, I am merely curious as to the possible reaction. It is not the reason I want to do this.
You said said the opposite in your original post.

thx997303 wrote:
Texas sucks. I think I may end up OCing myself a long gun when I get back to Utah.

Perfect opportunity to get back to my regularly scheduled programming.

Guess I want to be the test case
So lets figure this out. You are in Texas. Open Carry of a long arm is legal in Texas. But you miss carrying openly sooooo much that you need to wait to come back to Utah, and carry a long arm here?

What gives, turbo? Texas needs the test case more than we do. Go carry your M44 in San Antonio and let us know how that goes.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I am pulling for you when you carry your firearm in Texas. Go Long gun make sure to video tape it with Audio.

I hope it goes well for you. If Not you always have JAG LoL

thx997303

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
You said said the opposite in your original post.

thx997303 wrote:
Texas sucks. I think I may end up OCing myself a long gun when I get back to Utah.

Perfect opportunity to get back to my regularly scheduled programming.

Guess I want to be the test case
So lets figure this out. You are in Texas. Open Carry of a long arm is legal in Texas. But you miss carrying openly sooooo much that you need to wait to come back to Utah, and carry a long arm here?

What gives, turbo? Texas needs the test case more than we do. Go carry your M44 in San Antonio and let us know how that goes.
Whoops, forgot what I had originally posted. Touche SGT Jensen.

Anyway, I'm waiting till I get back to Utah so that I don't have to fight one two fronts.

I don't want to have to fight both the Texas department of justice and the UCMJ at the same time.

I have next to no chance of winning against the UCMJ.

Anyway, the OP was just musing and frustration. After rethinking this, I do not want to be the test case.

My wife and two daughters take priority. And in my defense, nearly a month had elapsed between the OP and the post saying I did not want to be the test case.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
I have thought about OC'ing a fully automatic supressed pistol... you know like a M10 or M11... just one or two problems... I don't have the BATFE tax stamp and I don't have the weapon or the silencer...

I wonder if we could get the State Legislature to repeal their ban on Concealed carry of fully automatic or supressed weapons... LOL Just wishfull thinking, I guess!

Why would you want to carry a fully auto supressed pistol?
39.gif

Do you mean...as a personal defense weapon?

If so, isn't that a poor....very poor...choice for PD? Your idea isn't very realistic, IMO.

M11-380.jpg

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
I have thought about OC'ing a fully automatic supressed pistol... you know like a M10 or M11... just one or two problems... I don't have the BATFE tax stamp and I don't have the weapon or the silencer...

I wonder if we could get the State Legislature to repeal their ban on Concealed carry of fully automatic or supressed weapons... LOL Just wishfull thinking, I guess!

39.gif

If so, isn't that a poor....very poor...choice for PD? Your idea isn't very realistic, IMO.

M11-380.jpg

HankT,

Some of us drive Fords. Others drive Chevys, still others drive Cadillacs or Toyotas. Others have homes painted white, or green, or beige. Some homes are made of brick or stucco or even aluminum siding.

Basically as with cars, homes, firearms... I say let one drive in something they like that they can afford, or live in a home they like and can afford, or carry something they like and can afford.

As to Why?... Because under my US Constitutional 2nd ammendment guarantee, I CAN!
JoeSparky

Thundar

imported post

Hank T is, at the same time the most annoying person on this site and the most useful person on this site. He is useful because those activists that endure his badgering are much better equipped to deal with the antis that we encounter.

Thank you HankT for being such a freedom hating a**hole. It sharpens the message and awareness of the activists on this site.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:

39.gif

As to Why?... Because under my US Constitutional 2nd ammendment guarantee, I CAN!
Isn't that a poor....very poor...choice for PD? I mean, really a silly choice?

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:

39.gif

Who said anything about PD?

Are you making assumptions again?

b1ack5mith

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Yep, the law makes no differentiation between long arms and pistols, and so you can oc your ar pistol. As long as it was manufactured as a pistol.

I am unsure however of your ability to cc an ar pistol. They are quite large.:)

hahhaa ok you guys will love this one!

go on youtube and type in VBR (i think that was it) its a belgium ammunition and weapons manufacturer, check out their videos of their awesome handgun with the retractable stock, armor piercing bullets, uses glock mags... very cool (and he conceals it!)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:

39.gif

Did you read the sentence "Do you mean...as a personal defense weapon?" above?

Just asking...

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:

39.gif

Just asking...

HanK T. it seems that YOU WERE THE ORIGINAL ONE to ask if this was as a PD type weapon. After reviewing the thread... I DON"T SEE WHERE I MENTIONED THIS AS A PERSONAL DEFENSE WEAPON!!!!

Don't attempt to give my discredit by suggesting that I was the one that made YOUR COMMENT!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
HankT wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:

39.gif

Just asking...

HanK T. it seems that YOU WERE THE ORIGINAL ONE to ask if this was as a PD type weapon. After reviewing the thread... I DON"T SEE WHERE I MENTIONED THIS AS A PERSONAL DEFENSE WEAPON!!!!

Don't attempt to give my discredit by suggesting that I was the one that made YOUR COMMENT!
That's why I asked if that is what you had in mind....

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Weather or Not Hank T thinks a fully automatic suppressed pistol would be a "very poor choice for a SD weapon" or not....

If the carrier of said weapon can reliably and quickly put 2 rounds in the center of presented mass, likes the feel of the weapon in the hand, legally possesses such weapon THEN IT DON"T MATTER WHAT HANK T. THINKS ABOUT IT or me or anyone else either for that matter... I say use it for a Self Defense Weapon.