• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns for the poor

DEROS72

imported post

I've had it.I listen to a speech by the "Diversity Czar " A self proclaimed communist describing how he intends to model our media now after Venezuela.Thats enough.

So in the spirit of community organizing I am going to see about a guns for the poor. For .Those that see whats happening in this country but can't afford to buy one.Set up some sort of slush fund .Just a thought this admin has to go.......I'm going to use some of my very limited pension.So anyone out there that can't afford one I will do the best I can to get you something.Always remember a small gun can get you a bigger one.....

I know that most of you here when they try to ban guns will be tripping over youselves to turn yours in and give up your neighbor because you may not want to loose a job ,or go to jail whatever or miss a weekend with the kids.Also anyone know where I can get a Don't Tread On Me flag.

By the way when I say poor I mean good decent Americans that mey have been laid off, struggleing because some filthyillegal underbid his job,speaks English,High school educated and believes God ,Family and Country in that order!!!!!!!!!!

jarhead1911A

imported post

guess its HI POINTS all around....... at 140 a piece its not a bad way to go.... but how do u weed out the ones who cant legally own 1? maybe we should get your complex to hire some of us as private security

FunkTrooper

imported post

I would seriously stop talking about this stuff on the internet, and those "filthy Illegals" only "steal" jobs from people because of our governments minimum wage.

DEROS72

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
guess its HI POINTS all around....... at 140 a piece its not a bad way to go.... but how do u weed out the ones who cant legally own 1? maybe we should get your complex to hire some of us as private security

We would naturally have to make sure someone was legal to own one help folks that can't afford it get their CPL and a weapon,in the spirit of community organizing of course.

.Yeah our complex could use some up grade in the security. Or maybe the plan you and I discussed one time in dealing with these people.Looked out my back window watching the dealers work again.No one speaks English by the way.Just like on TV I watch their lookout get right on the phone when security drives through and everone scatters like the cockroaches they are.

As far as minimum wage Funktrooper ,the Gov.needs to be out of business altogether and let the market and your own skill level determine what you make.I mean Business owners decide what they will pay their staff.And yeah in some job categories may offer say 15 per hour to start and you have these f..n illegals telling them they will do for 10.These people need to be gone .

Ah Funktrooper No one watches these boards.....................If they were I'm sure they are all for free speech. I have been law abiding all my life.BUt if I dissapear for taking a stand against the way this country has deteriorated someone find me..Just look at african nations ,Ciera Leon for ex.Around 97,Somalia,etc. I believe that will give you some Idea how these folks rule.Their mentality like who isin leadership of this country right now.

DEROS72

imported post

Anyway back to guns for the poor.I would try to help any law abiding American own a gun if they can't afford one.There was a while back a county in Florida where the county issued a gun if you couldn't afford one.Crime came to a stop there.I wish I could find that it was quite a while ago.

Because of our OC meets here and thet fact I keep calling the cops on thes people.I have had 2 death threats. And When I talk about illegals the way I do sometimes it comes from what I see.But know this I have the highest respect for those that move here legally,learn the language work hard and become citizens.Hell you guys I wasn't even born in this country.....

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

Actually, Deros, your thread brings up an interesting point. Does the requirement to apply for and pay for a CPL unfairly discriminate against the poor? The state consititution says the right to bear arms in self defense shall not be impaired -- it seems to me that for a family that is barely scraping by, a $55 processing fee certainly impairs their right to carry.

DEROS72

imported post

You bring up a good point.Is that discrimination?.Jarheads Idea, Highpoints for everyone ,Not bad.I looked in some of my catalogs and they are pretty inexpensive.However better than nothing. Someone that legitimatly lost there job but still would like to protect themselves and family.Take up a collection, have them do the puschase and go through the background check ,help them with CPL etc.and we just help with funding.Obama would be proud of our community spirit and organizing.

I know I sound harsh at times just very upset in what I see these days.People that have known me have known me to be fair and compansionate.Just like to blow off some steam.

I tell you though some of these gangs and dealers aroundare tired of me calling the cops.But in talking with some of the LE here they are aware of who's selling what so to speak.

jarhead1911A

imported post

TPD here dosnt get involved, they think they should drive around and collect a paycheck they have a hands off relationship with the comminity and that we should police our selfs.

I imagine its the same way with DEROS its not like it was years ago were the cops actually wanted to help people and they were your neighbors and fiends. It sad i guess knowing that when i call 911 no one is going to come safe my family from danger if i can not.

okkid

imported post

Well I install house windows for a living and have a lot of scrap metel That I could sell to help out. The price on that stuff is way down right now but somthing to think about.

DEROS72

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
TPD here dosnt get involved, they think they should drive around and collect a paycheck they have a hands off relationship with the comminity and that we should police our selfs.

I imagine its the same way with DEROS its not like it was years ago were the cops actually wanted to help people and they were your neighbors and fiends. It sad i guess knowing that when i call 911 no one is going to come safe my family from danger if i can not.
It,s like thet mostly around here.The cops don't bother me .But when I ask them to cruise through once or twice a night to keep the parties down and the hookers and dealers I never see them.People have told me they sometimes don't feel safe around here and it's not me.And when I walk by some of the apts.and look in it's like a third world dump.Once someone gets in they start importing relitives and pack them into these little apts.Many of the good neighbors have asked me advice on how and where to by a gun to protect themsleves.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Opportunity council for guns, I like it. Not having an FFL though how would you get the appropriate background checks? I for one know that most kids especially in lower income areas already have access to guns if they want them.

Also my belief that taxes, federal or state on firearms are unconstitutional,.....shall not be infringed.....might make it harder for someone to own something they constitutionally have right to own.

j2l3

imported post

For $10.00 you can get a Washington conviction history on anyone. That will at least give an indication of problems or not.

DEROS72

imported post

I would agree .That there are those that go out buy a firearm and holster put it on and think they are good to go.I do believe in the need for some instruction etc.There are some as we see of all backgrounds that think a gun is to be used to win an argument or stress your point.Thats why I don't tell some people it's legal to OC.

Maybe with all the free handouts this adminitration wants we should include funding for training and a handgun for peronal defense for those that can no longer afford it.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Straw man purchases only refer to buying a gun for a prohibited person. Have your treasurer pay for the gun but have the recipient do all the paperworks and be run through NICS.

New Daddy

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Anyway back to guns for the poor.I would try to help any law abiding American own a gun if they can't afford one.There was a while back a county in Florida where the county issued a gun if you couldn't afford one.Crime came to a stop there.I wish I could find that it was quite a while ago.

Because of our OC meets here and thet fact I keep calling the cops on thes people.I have had 2 death threats. And When I talk about illegals the way I do sometimes it comes from what I see.But know this I have the highest respect for those that move here legally,learn the language work hard and become citizens.Hell you guys I wasn't even born in this country.....

It's pretty easy to set up a non-profit. Once you have the paperwork filed, you can solicit tax-deductible donations to cover your expenses.

You can avoid the straw man purchase issue by funding the purchase - the person has to make the actual purchase - require they sign some legal disclosures about personal use. Set some standards using income limits (maybe use the Federal poverty guidelines). Require submission of the front page of the 1040EZ and W-2s - my guess is that generally, the people you're helping won't be filing more than a 1040EZ, or they won't qualify for your program. Then set up a check - maybe a year later you verify that they still have the weapon - haven't sold it, whatever.

Once you're set up, you can run an ad (that'll piss some folks off) and use your press contacts to get some free air time.

Maybe you can get a gun friendly attorney to give you some pro-bono time to set it up. You should be able file most of the paperwork on your own.

SANDRAT

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Straw man purchases only refer to buying a gun for a prohibited person. Have your treasurer pay for the gun but have the recipient do all the paperworks and be run through NICS.
That is dangerous ground Jim,the first "yes-no" question on the ATF form is "Are you the actual purchaser",just doing it from memory,don't anybody sharpshoot me on this.

I would check into an FFL holder willing to donate time to process the paperwork.A legit private party sale is one thing,buying guns to arm a third party is another.

Third,check into setting up a Non-Profit,I am sure that our membership includes several people that could at least guide you through it.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

They are the actual purchaser / possessor of the gun. Whether they received the money to purchase it by saving over the last 10 years, from today's paycheck, or as a gift seconds before the legal purchase shouldn't matter.

The point of the straw man law is that the person who signs the paperwork actually is the owner of the weapon. The government doesn't care how the money was (lawfully) obtained.

It is also legal to give a handgun as a gift.