• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

W.H.O Warns of Severe Form of H1N1 Virus

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

wrightme wrote:
That looks to be a mortality rate in the US of 0.27%

Look at the WHO site itself. The mortality rate in the <25 year old crowd is massively higher than it should be (granted it's still not THAT high). That's the worrying part. It's killing otherwise health people. Can't find it now; they change that website entirely almost daily.

wrightme

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
wrightme wrote:
That looks to be a mortality rate in the US of 0.27%

Look at the WHO site itself. The mortality rate in the <25 year old crowd is massively higher than it should be (granted it's still not THAT high). That's the worrying part. It's killing otherwise health people. Can't find it now; they change that website entirely almost daily.
The WHO covers all countries, including those without adequate health care systems, correct? Frankly, the mortality rate we should be paying attention to is the one here, under our health care system. Does the WHO indicate the level of care given to those who die?
Yes, I am aware that this virus is killing otherwise healthy people. I would not be surprised if someday the reason for that is discovered. As it stands, the rate of death is still less than if a person caught the seasonal influenza virus, from what I can find.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

wrightme wrote:
The WHO covers all countries, including those without adequate health care systems, correct?

The rates were for the US. I can't find the chart, or even the page anymore.

The average mortality rate is lower, yes. The mortality rate of the <25yo group is worlds higher than season flu.

Statesman

imported post

wrightme wrote:
Statesman wrote:
The "severe" form is H1N1 is caused when you take the vaccine. The vaccine impedes your immune system, allowing secondary bacterial infections to take place that you could otherwise fight off.
Where have you seen that? What vaccine is causing this? The vaccine is not in use yet, so how can this "severe form" be caused by any vaccine?

Statesman wrote:
Beef up your immune system with the well researched vitamin D, and defend yourself against the flu.
Excellent advice. Keep healthy by eating a good balanced diet, get plenty of exercise, and adequate sleep.

I don't know if the H1N1 vaccine is out yet. However, that's what I expect will happen. Most immune systems of people today are compromised in some way, making them highly suseptable to disease. Severe lack of Vitamin D is the primary reason people catchthe flu, new research is finding.

http://naturalnews.com/026921_Vitamin_D_influenza_swine_flu.html

In particular, one study appearing in these search results is entitled Epidemic influenza and vitamin D. It was published in 2006 in the journal Epidemiology and Infection (2006, 134:6:1129-1140 Cambridge University Press) and its abstract reads as follows:

In 1981, R. Edgar Hope-Simpson proposed that a 'seasonal stimulus' intimately associated with solar radiation explained the remarkable seasonality of epidemic influenza. Solar radiation triggers robust seasonal vitamin D production in the skin; vitamin D deficiency is common in the winter, and activated vitamin D, 1,25(OH)2D, a steroid hormone, has profound effects on human immunity. 1,25(OH)2D acts as an immune system modulator, preventing excessive expression of inflammatory cytokines and increasing the 'oxidative burst' potential of macrophages. Perhaps most importantly, it dramatically stimulates the expression of potent anti-microbial peptides, which exist in neutrophils, monocytes, natural killer cells, and in epithelial cells lining the respiratory tract where they play a major role in protecting the lung from infection. Volunteers inoculated with live attenuated influenza virus are more likely to develop fever and serological evidence of an immune response in the winter. Vitamin D deficiency predisposes children to respiratory infections. Ultraviolet radiation (either from artificial sources or from sunlight) reduces the incidence of viral respiratory infections, as does cod liver oil (which contains vitamin D). An interventional study showed that vitamin D reduces the incidence of respiratory infections in children. We conclude that vitamin D, or lack of it, may be Hope-Simpson's 'seasonal stimulus'.

Sleep deprivation. Processed foods with no nutrients or enzymes, grown in nutrient depleted soils. Untested but FDA approved GMOfoods. Loads of pesticides fungicides in commercially grown food. Cancer causing chemicals in soaps and lotions. I could go on and on, but all this stuff impacts you, the organism as a whole. And we wonder why cancer is such a problem. :lol:

Any vaccine that contains the mercury preservative Thimerosal is a problem. Then, there's what remains in the vaccine. Who knows what that will do to you. http://www.naturalnews.com/011764.html

In the case of the susceptible newborn infant and toddler, multiple exposures to mercury-containing and multiple antigen vaccines are highly suspect in the causation of multiple organ injury (Bernard et al. 2000). The GI tract, the liver, the pancreas, the kidneys, the immune system, and the brain are major sites of mercury absorption. Researchers have clearly shown a chronic inflammatory bowel disease due to vaccine strain measles in a subset of children with autism (Thompson et al. 1995; Wakefield et al. 1995, 1999, 2000a,b; Kawashima et al. 2000; Pardi et al. 2000; Uhlmann et al. 2002).
Disease Prevention And Treatment by Life Extension Foundation, page 153

Six Good Reasons to Avoid the Flu Shot

http://www.naturalnews.com/024624_the_flu_flu_shot_health.html

2.The flu vaccines, as well as all other vaccines contain mercury, which is a seriously health compromising heavy metal. Vaccines contain Thimerosal, which is made up of mercury. The amount of mercury contained in a multi-dose flu shot is 250 times higher in mercury than what is legally classified as hazardous waste. Side affects of mercury toxicity are vast and include depression, memory loss, attention deficit disorder, anger, oral cavity disorders, digestive disorder, anxiety, cardiovascular problems, respiratory issues, thyroid and other glandular imbalances, and low immune system to name a few.

Statesman

imported post

Interesting. This article explains why young people are more likely to die from certain strains of flu virus. It's called a Cytokine Storm, and it's something you should work to avoid. It's an over-reactive response from a healthy immune system, which is more common in younger people.

I think bacterial infections set in for the immune systems that are under performing, which does not apply in such cases. I guess the key here, would be determining what kind of lung ailment the patient is suffering from, a secondary bacterial infection from an under performing immune system, or a Cytokine storm from an over-reactive immune system.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026354_elderberry_Tamiflu_immune_system.html

So What About Cytokine Storms?

Another factor in the 1918 flu pandemic death rate was the cytokine storm. A cytokine storm results in lungs so damaged that the flu victim may die. Cytokine production is normally a good thing. It is the result of the immune system's reacting to pathogenic or viral invasions. The white blood cells produce an assortment of cytokines to attack the invaders. Occasionally, there appears a viral strain that is so energetically invasive and virulent that it over stimulates the cytokine production. Then the cells of healthy tissues are attacked by the cytokines.

Supposedly, because of their already strong immune systems, this is more common among young and healthy types who are exposed to one of these unusually aggressive viral strains. The H1N1 or "bird flu" is among those few virulent strains. It is not yet known if this swine flu version is of the same ilk. Many have speculated that its origin is man made, perhaps as a bioweapon. After all, it is an unusual combination of swine, bird, and human flu strains.

wrightme

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
< 50 year olds have not been exposed to enough of the bits and pieces of H1N1 genetic material, that seniors have been, to enable any immunity.
So we should reasonably expect that those younger than 50 will gain benefit from a properly constructed vaccine; enabling immunity.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

wrightme wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
< 50 year olds have not been exposed to enough of the bits and pieces of H1N1 genetic material, that seniors have been, to enable any immunity.
So we should reasonably expect that those younger than 50 will gain benefit from a properly constructed vaccine; enabling immunity.

No. A buncha younger folks are gonna be sick, giving the old farts more open lanes at the shooting ranges.

:D

Alexcabbie

imported post

wrightme wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Yeah, that's what I have been hearing, that folks born before 1957 are at about zero risk. And that's me! Hooray!:celebrate

However, I DO have a problem with everybody getting health care advice from the WHO. Hell, Pete Townsend isn't even that hot a guitarist, Keith Moon is dead and....what? Oh, well thank you Ms. Curtin......never mind......

wrightme

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
wrightme wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Yeah, that's what I have been hearing, that folks born before 1957 are at about zero risk. And that's me! Hooray!:celebrate

However, I DO have a problem with everybody getting health care advice from the WHO. Hell, Pete Townsend isn't even that hot a guitarist, Keith Moon is dead and....what? Oh, well thank you Ms. Curtin......never mind......
"Jane, you ignorant......" :lol: Those were the days.

But, at 48, I better beef up my immunes! :? I'ze gonta die?

wrightme

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
You mistake me. It was not an offer. It is a 'thanks' for relieving us of your miserable existence, sooner than later thanks be to God.
I assumed it to be such. It is sad that you feel the need to wish someone would die. You may wish to see someone to deal with such feelings. Especially since you brought it up as if it were "god's will." Religious fanatic over there? Hold a grudge much?