Thread: Buying pistol in another state

Post imported post

I'ma Michigan resident who found a nice pistol for sale in Indiana. What's the procedure for purchasing a pistol in Indiana? Does one have to apply for a permit to purchase a handgun? Here in Michigan, having a CPL (LTCH to you Hoosiers) exempts me from having to obtain a permit to purchase. I don't know if that would have any bearing on an out-of-state purchase tho. Does a LTCH exempt you from having to get a permit to purchase? Does Indiana even HAVE permits to purchase? I'd like input from anyone who's knowledgable on this matter please.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

DISREGARD - quickly learned that out-of-state purchases without a FFL is big no-no. That really stinks but it is what it is.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

All you have to do is get a local shop to have the gun shipped to and execute the transfer like you would any other purchase. Is there something in MI law that would prevent the sale? How are internet purchases handled in MI?

Post imported post

DMWyatt wrote:
    All you have to do is get a local shop to have the gun shipped to and execute the transfer like you would any other purchase. Is there something in MI law that would prevent the sale? How are internet purchases handled in MI?
    Has to be shipped to someone with FFL license if it's an out-of-state transfer... dealers. I was just trying to avoid the $25 for shipping and $25 fee from the local shop to use them as transfer medium.