• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Compromise Holster

dshelman

imported post

Based on posts I've seen regarding OC in my future home town of Huntsville, Al, I've decided to limit OC to my home or perhaps meet and greets.

That being said, I want to carry concealed, but on my hip (outside). What is the best combination of CC and outside the hip carry that doesn't require wearing the shirt out?

My weapon will be a Glock-36. Is there some kind of fast access waist-carried that covers the gun enough to constitute concealed?

Thanks in advance :D

Don

dshelman

imported post

I've done a lot more reading since I posted this, and I think I'll put it to bed with this:

It's concealed if NOBODY can look at it and see that it's a pistol. If it SORTA looks like a weapon (outline), it's not concealed.If it's visible for just a second (shirt rides up), it's not concealed.

Fanny pack seems like a good combination except for accessibility. While a knowlegable LE or other gun owner can guess it's POSSIBLY a gun, it's still technically concealed, eliminating MWAG-concerned citizen calls:shock:, thus the disturbing of the peace rap. Of course, I guess LE might still want to check you out for your permit if they see the obvious (to them).:cool:

If I got this right, then thanks for letting me figure it out. If I'm off somewhere, constructive criticism is more than welcome!

Don

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Believe it or not, there are actually 'Concealed Carry Packs' (Fanny packs) designed specifically for carrying a gun! These will keep your gun secured in proper position and designed for fairly quick access....
Not that I'm advocating them, and not sure that I would use one, but they do exist and if I decided I needed to carry in a 'pack' I would get one designed for the purpose.

Example: http://www.hsgear.biz/ProductInfo~productid~54-5510PACK.html

dshelman

imported post

Actually, that's exactly what I was thinkin' -- thanks a lot for the link!

D

btw -- the fact that this is OpenCarry.org is not lost on me -- But, I think this part of Alabama is pretty LE-hostile to OC and I'd like to be in a group/meet and greet when OC'ing here for the first time. Hope y'all understand ;)

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

dshelman wrote:
Actually, that's exactly what I was thinkin' -- thanks a lot for the link!

D

btw -- the fact that this is OpenCarry.org is not lost on me -- But, I think this part of Alabama is pretty LE-hostile to OC and I'd like to be in a group/meet and greet when OC'ing here for the first time. Hope y'all understand ;)
Go take a peek at the Alabama section of the forum and see if there are any meets or members willing to join you for lunch near your area!

I'm in Texas and thus the only way I can OC is with a long gun.:banghead: But I spend enough time (most of my life) out in the country/rural/extremely rural Texas that I do not have a problem carrying in any fashion.:p

I am currently looking for a suitable 'saddle rifle' to OC until I can legally OC my pistol...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Most of us here have CC permits and CC to various degrees depending on state/local law and situations. No problem with asking a CC question.