• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

9/12: Anyone Planning to OC at Protests?

DEROS72

imported post

Heres a few stills from Grishnav from the Tea party

Yours truly .....

DEROS72

imported post

I can't remeber this guys name Tryker I think.... But we weren't the only Oc folks there...

Stryker

imported post

I was able to meet Deros and Grishnav at the Tea Party today and agree that the turnout was excellent. No negative encounters to share, so an all around positive experience. I'll add a few photos of my own to those already posted by Grishnav.

http://s772.photobucket.com/albums/yy1/Stryker_Carries/2009-9-12%20Olympia%20Tea%20Party/

I will also add one funny conversation during the rally where I was approached by a woman wanting to know "Who are you with?" I replied "No one, I'm here as a private citizen" She said that she was just checking because my rather professional looking camera combined with a sidearm made her think I was "FBI or something".:lol: She was worried that perhaps thegovernment was trying to catalog all the dissenters. Fortunately she believed my story and I was able to avoid the whole tar and feather treatment.

Kwiebe... I'm glad your first OC could be such a positive and memorable experience.

DSC_6586bcopy.jpg

DEROS72

imported post

This is Brick.He never heard of the board before just figured OC was ok.Invited him to the picnic tomorrow....

DEROS72

imported post

Wa.State patrol .Really didn't care that we OC on the Capital grounds ,and we didn't even call them first...

Stryker

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I can't remeber this guys name ...Sorry But we weren't the only Oc folks there...
I'd just like to sincerely thank you for not posting my entire back side!

bigwookiee

imported post

I OC at the Colfax event. NO!! I did not OC to make a point at there event. I OC because I always OC. I was their early and could not stay to long. My 4 year old was in a rush to get home and play with his new nerf gun. It looked like they where going to have a good turn out. I talked shop with some of the organizers, one which commented that my gun reminded her that she need to go and by more ammo from Cables. This gave me a good lol as I need to do the same thing.

DEROS72

imported post

I OC also because it is what I do everyday at all times as well.So do most of us which is awesome because folks are becoming accustomed to seeing it. Thay had these events everywhere I would be interested to see if there were others that oc'ed at some of the others around the country.

DEROS72

imported post

It was encouraging to see My grandsons (First from left)generation get involved......

gsx1138

imported post

I'm glad you made it Deros. Sorry I didn't get back to you. I ended up with the kids and a neighbor kid because her mother had to take care of her elderly grandmother. I guess according to Obama I should have told her to call a government agency for help.

Looks like lots of people.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Mike wrote:
BB62 wrote:
Mike wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
Good point screw those guys....
You mean, ourselves?
If one is going to OC while doing "everyday things", then OCing ata Tea Party is included.
Fair enough, that is for those who are discretely OCing as they do in everyday life, and not trying to make a spectacle of themelves. But how about folks skip the long guns, scopes, sniper gili suits, bayonets, signs about watering the grass with blood, etc., . . . eh? (as they say in Canada).
I'm of two minds on the long gun carry - if quite a few attendees were to do so, it would definitely muddy the message...

Regardless,we can agree on ghillie suits, bayonets, and signs about watering the grass with blood!

Of course, none of this matters, because as the mainstream media told us, only a few people bothered to show up in D.C. :quirky