• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Forest Lands

Virginiaplanter

imported post

From the thread on the Virginia Tech student killings I have compiled the relevant law. It is complicated and not located in one law or regulation. Two laws and three regulations are involved and are to be put together to form the contours of the prohibitions depending on the state.

http://www.virginia1774.org/Page1.html#Federal

[align=left][size="+1"][font="Arial,Helvetica"][size="+1"]2) National Forest lands: 36 C.F.R. § 261.8 Refers to Title 18. Chap. 44 § 930. & Title 18. Chap. 44 § 922. U.S. Forest Service allows its lands to be administered by State Game Departments through agreements. 36 C.F.R. § 241.2 Cooperation in wildlife management. The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries regulation on U.S. Forest lands. 4VAC15-40-60. Hunting with dogs or possession of weapons in certain locations during closed season.[/size][/size][/font][/align][size="+1"] [/size][align=left][size="+1"] Virginia's National Forests: George Washington and Jefferson National Forests[/size][/align]