Thread: hedge apples

Post imported post

I have heard rumors that grocery stores sell hedge apples. Osage oranges aren't really common to this area, they aren't edible, but apparently apparently they sell them to repell bugs?

Anyone see them for sale locally? I saw a demonstration in Topeka and they explode real good when hit with a .223 or .308 rifle round. There were chunks flying 150 yards sideways. It should be more entertaining than shooting clays with a rifle.

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

nevinsb wrote:
    I have heard rumors that grocery stores sell hedge apples. Osage oranges aren't really common to this area, they aren't edible, but apparently apparently they sell them to repell bugs?

Anyone see them for sale locally? I saw a demonstration in Topeka and they explode real good when hit with a .223 or .308 rifle round. There were chunks flying 150 yards sideways. It should be more entertaining than shooting clays with a rifle.
    HAHA, you had me wondering if you were posting on the wrong forum bud. I was really confused but glad I read the whole post.

I haven't seen any hedge apples sold in store here but then I wasn't looking for them. I'd try a framers market or something along those lines.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002