• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heard the lady call the cops in Fred Meyer

sempercarry

imported post

I just got a new holster from kramer leather in dark mahogany and I needed a matching belt. I decided to go down to the Fred Meyer on Bridgeport in UP. I was OCing my HK P7 in a different mahogany kramer holster while wearing khakis and a brown polo shirt. I went to the mens accessories dept. And looked around for a decent belt. I then noticed a woman very poorley hiding herself and talking on her cell phone..... I could hear everything.:p

" shopping......no......nothing......in a holster.......why not......OK!.....but hes got a gun!....FINE!!"

I payed for my belt and walked out. When I got home and tried the belt on, it didn't fit. Apparently Levis ideaof 32" differs from everybody Else's. I went back to return it and there was a pierce county sheriff's car outside....I thought, oh here we go. went inside returned the belt, go a few interesting looks, bought a new belt and never saw the police. When I went outside there were 2 more cars parked right in front of the front door. I guess they went into the security office and watched me on camera maybe.:p

Squeak

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
I just got a new holster from kramer leather in dark mahogany and I needed a matching belt. I decided to go down to the Fred Meyer on Bridgeport in UP. I was OCing my HK P7 in a different mahogany kramer holster while wearing khakis and a brown polo shirt. I went to the mens accessories dept. And looked around for a decent belt. I then noticed a woman very poorley hiding herself and talking on her cell phone..... I could hear everything.:p

" shopping......no......nothing......in a holster.......why not......OK!.....but hes got a gun!....FINE!!"

I payed for my belt and walked out. When I got home and tried the belt on, it didn't fit. Apparently Levis ideaof 32" differs from everybody Else's. I went back to return it and there was a pierce county sheriff's car outside....I thought, oh here we go. went inside returned the belt, go a few interesting looks, bought a new belt and never saw the police. When I went outside there were 2 more cars parked right in front of the front door. I guess they went into the security office and watched me on camera maybe.:p
Matching belt? Son, this ain't a fashion show.:lol:

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Cabela's has a tough leather 'duty belt' that's 1 1/2" IIRC.

nice thick leather, was bout 25$...

sudden valley gunner

imported post

That's a story I like to hear. Great job!!!!
Someone should write them a commendation letter, you know the whole positive enforcement, something they can post up on the break room refrigerator. :lol:

sempercarry

imported post

I was very pleased with this as well. The cops still showed up but they didn't interfere with my business....very cool.

Mainsail

imported post

Your incident sounds like the one I had in Wright Park in Tacoma. The woman was hissing pretty much the same thing into her cell phone. She must believe that the presence of a firearm is automatically a crime. :quirky

DEROS72

imported post

Wait a minute You can't tell me wearing a brown belt and black shoes or vise versa is accetible.I sent an employee home once to change because of that.If you are carrying make sure you can dress yourself.

Nitrox314

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Wait a minute You can't tell me wearing a brown belt and black shoes or vise versa is accetible.I sent an employee home once to change because of that.If you are carrying make sure you can dress yourself.

Exactly! We would look like loons if we were to mix black and brown! Don't do it! :lol:I tell my wife this all the time and she thinks I am crazy... its like black socks and sneakers vs. white socks and dress shoes...

sirpuma

imported post

The other day after shopping at a FM, as we were leaving, a little boy sitting in a shopping cart that his mom was pushing said "Mommy, that man has a gun". She didn't hear. I just smiled at him and nodded my head and walked on by. No one around here cares if I OC. Once in a great while I'll get the "is it really legal" questions. Got one of those from an elderly gent about a week or so ago at Burger King. He got a pamphlet.:D

sempercarry

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Ok:pThe comment on my pants and shirt was meant to show that I don't dress like a looney.....that I generally dress nice wherever I go.

Phssthpok

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
My dress HOLSTER matches my shoes!;)