• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lack of moderation

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I disagree with all of you! All of you are WRONG!!!! Mine is the only acceptable opinion!!

SILENCE!!! I WILL KEEL YOU!!

None of you can speak truth to me, because I already know the truth. The real truth. The actual truth!!

Plus, I am theepitome, the consummate evader, the ne plus ultra straw-man polemicist.I can go on so many tangents you'll never even find your way back to the Milky Way galaxy, much less planet Earth.

Insults? You cannot compare. Do you really think you have an insult I haven't heard before or leveled myself? The best you can do is somewhat approach my viciousness, my blood-drawing, scathing commentary on your very being. I can introvert you so bad, it will be weeksbefore you dare open the shutters you use to hide your souleven a crack!

So, shut up and listen to ME!!

(mmmmmphhh Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry, I justcouldn't resist, fellas.)

:D

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
These responses are exactly what I'm talking about.

I try to reason and present my opinion, and I get ridicule in return.

This should illustrate my point quite well.

You're a good guy. Relax a little and enjoy the humor, even if it's not always of the cordial manner. If you want serious discussion, self-moderate and just tell people to gtfo.

What serious discussion could you possibly want that wouldn't be better suited to one of the more serious forum sections?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
And maybe you can show me where you get these lies from. Is it a magic hat you wear?

Probably not. You're just a douche.

Now thats a reply from a real mature adult!!

<SARCASM>

But the ladies LOVE him! He has to beat them off with a stick.

thx997303

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
These responses are exactly what I'm talking about.

I try to reason and present my opinion, and I get ridicule in return.

This should illustrate my point quite well.

You're a good guy. Relax a little and enjoy the humor, even if it's not always of the cordial manner. If you want serious discussion, self-moderate and just tell people to gtfo.

What serious discussion could you possibly want that wouldn't be better suited to one of the more serious forum sections?
I'm afraid I may just have to do that. I'm not the only one who has called for a return of moderators.

And of course, the calls have went unanswered.

I do wish people would stop posting all of this non gun related detritus.

I wonder, since the General Discussion forum is not truly for general discussion, as it is still supposed to be gun related, what's the point of the general discussion forum?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I wonder, since the General Discussion forum is not truly for general discussion, as it is still supposed to be gun related, what's the point of the general discussion forum?
That makes two of us.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
SNIP I wonder, since the General Discussion forum is not truly for general discussion, as it is still supposed to be gun related, what's the point of the general discussion forum?

forum_new.gif

General Discussion
Use this area for discussions that are somewhat off-topic or that do not fit anywhere else. Topics should still be related to the focus of the forum and all other rules of behavior still apply here.
(Red emphasis added)

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
And maybe you can show me where you get these lies from. Is it a magic hat you wear?

<SARCASM>
Idiotic and insulting comments get idiotic and insulting responses. Pretending not to notice that nuance makes you, well... A douche, too.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Carnivore wrote:

<SARCASM>
I've never made any such claim, nor presented or stated any evidence of it.

Thusly, AssWaDreviles is a douche.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

ixtow wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Carnivore wrote:

<SARCASM>

ixtow wrote:

I've had more phone numbers, dates, and interviews than you've had molecules of air in your lungs. I'm not bragging. It's just a matter of experience. Truckloads of it...

Like I said, I've got @#$% to do. You keep typing up your perpetual assertions. I'm gonna go beat 'em off with a stick for a few hours. I suppose you'll just be beating off....

Of course you've never presented evidence, because it's utter horseshit - but you did make the claim.

thx997303

imported post

Citizen wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
SNIP I wonder, since the General Discussion forum is not truly for general discussion, as it is still supposed to be gun related, what's the point of the general discussion forum?

forum_new.gif

General Discussion
Use this area for discussions that are somewhat off-topic or that do not fit anywhere else. Topics should still be related to the focus of the forum and all other rules of behavior still apply here.
(Red emphasis added)
I know the intent, but with as many different forums as we have, covering such a wide array of well everything, I have a hard time figuring out anything that would be on topic for the forum, yet not fitting any of the other sub forums.

I don't believe there is any real need for general discussion.

Maybe that's why everything in GD is so often off topic, if we tried to keep it strictly on topic it would be empty.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
ixtow wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Carnivore wrote:

<SARCASM>

ixtow wrote:

I've had more phone numbers, dates, and interviews than you've had molecules of air in your lungs. I'm not bragging. It's just a matter of experience. Truckloads of it...

Like I said, I've got @#$% to do. You keep typing up your perpetual assertions. I'm gonna go beat 'em off with a stick for a few hours. I suppose you'll just be beating off....
Of course you've never presented evidence, because it's utter horse@#$% - but you did make the claim.
You honestly don't notice the HUGE difference between what I said, and what you said?

Could it be that you lie so much, you are believing your own BS?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It goofs up the table formatting a bit, but still, well worth it. I can't even see quoted comments by the ignored user. Even in my own posts that had quoted said douche bag.

Again I say, hot man lovin' for you. :dude:

david.ross

imported post

Can you take a snapshot? The table formatting is fine here.

Who are you blocking, what is your screen resolution, and what version of firefox are you using?

Carnivore

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Can you take a snapshot? The table formatting is fine here.

Who are you blocking, what is your screen resolution, and what version of firefox are you using?
Yes

AWDstylez and idontownone

1680x1050

FF 3.5.2 under [shudder] Vista...

img:

formatting-goofology.jpg

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
ixtow wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
Sir,

You may want to take a look at the post in the following link.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=27477

I created an ignore feature which works in Firefox. If there are any questions or bugs, feel free to pounce me.
I want to make hot man love to you.
UHUH!! I had you pegged from the beginning..
With a name like carnivore, you're stepping into some dangerous territory.