• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

THE UNOFFICIAL, UNPROMOTED, UNANNOUNCED OC PICNIC LEXINGTON, 8/30/09

8th ID

imported post

OK. Beautiful day for a picnic! About 30 people made it out. Plenty to eat. Good conversation. Nice to have time to meet and greet and talk to other freedom-minded people. Thanks to Liberty4Ever for doing much work on this!

I'm trying to post a couple pictures. Remember that these were taken at Jacobson Park!

Statesman

imported post

<sarcasm>

Ok, something is wrong with these two pictures.

1) The lady and her daughter should be running away screaming
2) The ducks should be flying away quacking incessantly, with plenty of duck poop left in their wake.

:what:

</sarcasm>

Sorry I missed this one. I'll try to attend the next one!

8th ID

imported post

The Ice Cream was being bought by the AR guy. The two girls were with us at the picnic.

Also, There were many people all around us and not one scream of terror! Who woulda thought?

Also, can you believe that ALL the gun nuts had a peaceful picnic?:what:

I forgot to mention that we had several LEO drive-by's. Can't really say it was us. The park was very busy, so I don't know if a Lexington LEO usually patrols on Sundays.

Statesman

imported post

8th ID wrote:
The Ice Cream was being bought by the AR guy. The two girls were with us at the picnic.

Also, There were many people all around us and not one scream of terror! Who woulda thought?

Also, can you believe that ALL the gun nuts had a peaceful picnic?:what:
Impossible! MSNBC and the Herald Leader would have us believe it was inspired by hatred and violence. I wonder how the Herald Leader is going to spin this one?

8th ID

imported post

I didn't see any media, so I guess we'll never hear about it.

I did meet Leland Conway. He said he may mention it, as well as the issue about being required to get insurance.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

I was there, just on the wrong side of the lake.Next time I'll listen to my wife. She told me that it would have been on the other side ,but thebull in me had to been right(WRONG). I haven't been there senseI was a small child and didn't know my way around. Any ways I am glad to see that it was asuccess. My day was no differen't, no screams or panic, just a nice picnic with the family. :celebrate

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

I was there, just on the wrong side of the lake.Next time I'll listen to my wife. She told me that it would have been on the other side ,but thebull in me had to been right(WRONG). I haven't been there senseI was a small child and didn't know my way around. Any ways I am glad to see that it was asuccess. My day was no differen't, no screams or panic, just a nice picnic with the family. :celebrate

8th ID

imported post

INFORMATION from a reliable source: Lexington PD knew about the Saturday event. They knew why it was cancelled. And the PD received some calls from citizens during Sunday's OC picnic. The callers were told that OC was legal.

The bright side is, at least, that the PD knew that it was legal.