• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing on bicycle and motorcycle in Seattle. Great Day!

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

I rode my bicycle around Green Lake in Seattle today. No problems, people were cool. What a great environment to expose people to OCing. Then later I was riding my motorcycle, OCing, over by were the shooting was that shut down I-5 earlier this weekend. I turned right atan intersection were a police car was turning left, and I had my gun on my left side, and the police were right behind me for about 5 blocks and they didn't pull me over or anything. What a great city and state to live in. You couldn't do this in California or you would go to prison for ten years.I hope the Californian's moving up here don't bring their anti-gun values with them and try to change our great way of life.

Tawnos

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
I rode my bicycle around Green Lake in Seattle today. No problems, people were cool. What a great environment to expose people to OCing. Then later I was riding my motorcycle, OCing, over by were the shooting was that shut down I-5 earlier this weekend. I turned right atan intersection were a police car was turning left, and I had my gun on my left side, and the police were right behind me for about 5 blocks and they didn't pull me over or anything. What a great city and state to live in. You couldn't do this in California or you would go to prison for ten years.I hope the Californian's moving up here don't bring their anti-gun values with them and try to change our great way of life.
I came from CA ;)

SANDRAT

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
Save your California Bashing for the PI Soundoff page,I could write volumes about people from Seattle and the stupid stuff they do in EA. WA,but I realize there are good people there too.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Great job Eric. I read the California forums and just like anywhere they have good police departments and sucky ones. The folks on OCDO in the golden state can use our support though many of them do have a tough fight.

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

I guess what I said was a little bashing on California, I am from Oakland, CA. If I OCed back there I would be arrested for disturbing the peace, have me gun confiscated. I know in the more rual parts of the state, like in the woods you could get away with OCing, but I moved up here specifically because I wanted a conceal carry permit and to feel safe. I remember in 2004, I carried the American flag for the NRA group that was participating in the city of Alameda fourth of July parade, and being yelled at, called names and being flipped off by people all along the parade route. But you guys are right there are alot of good people in California trying to get open carry more accepted, I'll have to read some of their topics and see whats going on. I was just trying to point out there are alot of Californians moving up here because that state is so messed up and I hope it doesn't spread to up here. Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

saturday wsp got a call mwag (rifle)on the back of a motorcycle heading east on i90. not sure if they caught up with them

gsx1138

imported post

I think the giant blue streak up the middle of our state, like a skid mark, is from the slow migration of those from California over the last 40 years. However, to bitch about it now is pointless. Besides it makes for great entertainment to watch their policies fail one after another.

SANDRAT

imported post

Eric,no problem,my attitude is that what is bad for our members in one state is bad for all of us.Hell,I belong to a site that has almost 29,000 members,we have one jerk that feels he needs to bash people from TX,CO,WA,and CA.Says he is from Wyoming,we found out he is really from NY.That attitude does nothing but divide us.Queen Christine would like nothing better than to take away all our 2nd amendment rights,I remember when she was the State AG and wanted to impose a $1 per Cartridge tax on centerfire ammo.