• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Costco Update.

John Wolver

imported post

Yesterday, Sunday, I went to Costco, leaving my gun at home, but going there with the intent to shop and speak with someone about their policy. I spoke with the manager. She was very open to the idea, had no problems with open carry, especially since it is legal and our right. She told me she would speak with the legal department and her bosses. I should hopefully hear something back soon.

Thelukaskezik

imported post

i shopped there the other day and dropped near 500 dollars (about an hour and a half of shopping time). and had my gun at my side. no one said anything til the cashier spotted it and smile. so he and i talked about open carry. he, along with several of his other co-workers said they like that i open carry and think a lot more people should. he said a lot of the employees CC when not at work. i referred them to this website as well. they seemed very supportive to say the least. i had no problems from managers or a table of 5 cops sitting at the little fast food tables there in costco.

shad0wfax

imported post

John Wolver wrote:
Yesterday, Sunday, I went to Costco, leaving my gun at home, but going there with the intent to shop and speak with someone about their policy. I spoke with the manager. She was very open to the idea, had no problems with open carry, especially since it is legal and our right. She told me she would speak with the legal department and her bosses. I should hopefully hear something back soon.
Good luck.

Their corporate policy is to forbid firearms in their stores nation-wide. They've had issues with AD/ND's in the past, one of which happened in Spokane, WA in the men's room.