• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trip to Boise last week

John Wolver

imported post

So last week I and the wife went to Boise for some errands. We went to America's Best, Michaels and Best Buy. OC'ing the whole time.

America's Best went well. No problems. The tech who ran us through the charts and the machines said nothing, and there was no way for her to miss it. The doctor said nothing, saw it, commented and we spoke of his growing up on Id/ WY border and how he and brother would go shooting. Going great so far. We walk out, I notice a guy outside the exam room, his eyes go wide, he says nothing we walk by. Now we are choosing our frames. Now comes the trouble. An asst manager comes up to me.

Her: Hi can I ask you a favor?

me: Sure if I can help.

h: Can you take that (looking up and down at my gun) out to your car.

m: No sorry I cant.

h: (huffy/pissy) Well why not?!

m: Because I do not want it to get stolen.

h: Well there are two of you, cant you go outside and take turns?

m: Umm No. How about this, I am just about done here picking out frames, as soon as I am done, I will go outside.

h: (pissly turning and walking away) ok fine ( a whatever i think thrown in)

So I tellmy wife what happened, she is kinda mad cause she wants my help to pick her frames. I speak to the gal helping us out, she isnt bothered by my carrying, she cc often. She does ask why I do not disarm, and I tell her because I dont trust my car to be theft proof, she laughs and agrees.

Michaels went great, no one said anything, except one lil ol lady who thought it was cool and had no problems. She saw it, thought it was a price gun at first til she took a second look.

Best Buy went good as well. I was followed everywhere and the buzz on their radios but had no problems.

NightOwl

imported post

I've noticed that about Best Buy. They don't say anything, but the eyes, oh the eyes...feels like they watch OC people there.

I thought that was a funny story about America's Best.

ecocks

imported post

Spent about 30 minutes in the Best Buy at Midland and 84, talked with several employees and exchanged hello's and goodbye's with the Loss Control guy there. No problems.