• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Arizona Republic

impulse

imported post

They had a huge OC article on the first page. Of course it was liberal leaning, which I can't fathom in AZ.

wrightme

imported post

Is that a real newspaper?

But as Arizona's image took another beating, more than a dozen civic leaders,
tourism officials and media strategists huddled in Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon's office last week to discuss how to stanch the flow of bad publicity
They would do better to <snip>....ignore my failed attempt to point out word usage without actually checking word definitions first.......

RJ

Banned
imported post

Hahah, I didn't know anyone read the "REPULSIVE", they've been loosing sales so fast, its almost a fire drill.
Anyone with any history in Arizona knows the "repulsive" is a one sided paper, as is all its employees, and the editiorials are always anti rights on everything and always pro ammnesty.

Its akin to the msnbc report, they lie as well and often as the present administration claiming to provide change.

Dragonflydf

imported post

wrightme wrote:
Is that a real newspaper?

But as Arizona's image took another beating, more than a dozen civic leaders,
tourism officials and media strategists huddled in Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon's office last week to discuss how to stanch the flow of bad publicity
They would do better to staunch the flow....
We would do better to staunch the flow out of gordons mouth.............

TOF

imported post

At least the article mentioned the extreme rate of kidnapping in the area which is all the justification needed, if justification was required, to carry as much firepower as you can.

Gordon and buddies need a boot.

1FASTC4

imported post

RJ wrote:
Hahah, I didn't know anyone read the "REPULSIVE", they've been loosing sales so fast, its almost a fire drill.
Anyone with any history in Arizona knows the "repulsive" is a one sided paper, as is all its employees, and the editiorials are always anti rights on everything and always pro ammnesty.

Its akin to the msnbc report, they lie as well and often as the present administration claiming to provide change.

+1

I'm shocked anyone who frequents this board would actually read that rag.

wrightme

imported post

old dog wrote:
Sorry, pal, stanch is correct.
Oops. I stand corrected.....
redface.gif