• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For anyone afraid to OC due to financial reasons

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I agree with Dave. It seems more like you realized the extent of what you were offering and that it was a bit too open ended. I will definitely have you in speed dial just to have "my lawyer" on the phone while they are harassing me, if it ever happens. I will also be able to pay, should it come to that.

I think "libertarian minded" excludes a number of people, including BigDave. But that's just my interpretation.

Tawnos you just serve the pettiness master.

fire suppressor

First of all thank you that is very Nobel of you and I think it is because we have such a loyal and dedicated group that with time there is no doubt in my mind we will win this fight. For me personally sometimes I am less afraid of having to go to court, I am more afraid of losing my firearm. I read posts all the time of people getting there gun confiscated by a LEO. There has been times I chose not to OC just becasue if I lose my XD I cant afford to go get another one right away. Is this hypothetical simpler case of losing a firearms something you would consider?

Lovenox

This thread

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=27539&forum_id=55&highlight=afraid

made me realize that there are probably many people who do not OC because they fear being charged criminally, and not having the financial resources to fight the prosecution in court.

I want this fear to go away.

If anyone here is charged with a crime for merely open carrying, and does not qualify for a public defender, I will strongly consider defending them for no attorney fees, so long as my costs--gas, ferries, hotel if needed, etc--are covered.

Now, to cover my own butt...

This is something Iwill generally bewilling to do to advance the cause of freedom. However, no one should rely upon my statements, or otherwise treat them as a binding promise. I reserve the right to turn down any and all potential pro bono cases for any reason, or for no reason at all, just like I can with paying clients. I only say this so no one can sue me ifI do not provide them with free legal services. I also may decide to discontinue this service at any time, with or without prior notice.

This does not mean that I intend to sue any city, police department, etc. for a civil rights violation for free. This does not mean that I will defend for free anyone who actually shot someone, or otherwise used their self-defense firearm, or did anything more than peaceably carry a holstered sidearm in a legal location.

Sorry for all the disclaimers.

Bottom line, don't not OC for fear of being bankrupted by having to fight a criminal charge.

Appreciate the offer but it is a conflicted statement. Disclaimers tend to do that.

olypendrew

Requests for cards

I have received several PMs asking for cards, and I will be sending them as soon as my new batch arrives from the printers.

My phone number is on my website, if anyone wants to put it in their contacts.

Some folks asked for cards, but didn't leave a name and/or address, so please send another PM with that information, if you are one of those folks.

amlevin

I have received several PMs asking for cards, and I will be sending them as soon as my new batch arrives from the printers.

My phone number is on my website, if anyone wants to put it in their contacts.

Some folks asked for cards, but didn't leave a name and/or address, so please send another PM with that information, if you are one of those folks.

have you considered using a "V-Card"?

amlevin

If you've seen my website, you would know that I'm not all that tech-savvy. I don't know what a V card is. Is that something to prove you're not an alien reptile?

Check this out. It's not all that complicated. Once you create the "v-card file" you can have it sent automatically with e-mail, also with posts on some forums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCard

Look at #3 in the Contents for a sample file.

Last edited: