• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Tuck w/ Black Shirt

Fenris

imported post

When doing the Virginia Tuck with a black gun and a black shirt would this count as OC or CC? I think it is discrete but not concealed.

I have been doing this for a while, but wanted to get a few other opinions.

Thanks.

curtiswr

imported post

How would someone bring up the issue of whether or not it's legal for you to have it like that.... if they couldn't see it in the first place?

It's OC.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

MY daughter asked me if its legal for her to wear black pants & black blouse when she OC's. I told her of course it is. It isn't her fault if someone isn't observant enough to notice her black pistol in a black holster at night...

Sometimes I will intentionally wear darker colors so my pistol will be less noticeable. That isn't illegal. Sometimes its just prudent. :)

AbNo

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
MY daughter asked me if its legal for her to wear black pants & black blouse when she OC's. I told her of course it is. It isn't her fault if someone isn't observant enough to notice her black pistol in a black holster at night...

Sometimes I will intentionally wear darker colors so my pistol will be less noticeable. That isn't illegal. Sometimes its just prudent. :)
Just cuts down on the :what: and :shock: from the sheeple. :quirky

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Good guys wear black too. :D

Then again, I tend to wear hi-viz guns and grips - generates more conversation don't you know. :cool: The object being to educate.

Yata hey

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Grape? Do you happen to have a set of Day-Glo Green grips to go on my USP 45? I'd also like a matching Day-Glo Yello slide to go with it. That would be pretty cool looking, I think.

I do agree with you. Ours is to educate, not hide or deceive.

I actually think my daughter's Glock would look pretty neat with bright "furniture". I think they make it for Glocks, too.

Mike

curtiswr

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Grape? Do you happen to have a set of Day-Glo Green grips to go on my USP 45? I'd also like a matching Day-Glo Yello slide to go with it. That would be pretty cool looking, I think.

I actually think my daughter's Glock would look pretty neat with bright "furniture". I think they make it for Glocks, too.

Mike
http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_bloomberg.html

:p

crazydude6030

imported post

When i do get to carry I normally put a black shirt on. However, my slide is silver so its still pretty easy to see.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

curtiswr wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:

Mike
http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_bloomberg.html

:p
Those look like candy!! :lol:

Bet you'ld get questioned as to whether your gun was real or not.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Marco

imported post

I OC'ed around the Fairfax fair(?) at the Gov't cntr earlier this yr while wearing all black to include holster and Gun without issue.
Oh yea, I did have a large orange GSL button on.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

Kind of off topic; but, not really...I have a question I'm hoping I can get an answer for.

As the weather has already started changing, and especially when I'm riding my bike, I, as well as many others I'm sure will be wearing jackets. If IOC and myColt Combat Commander slips under the bottom of my jacket, effectively concealing it, (a real concern while riding because of the wind) does that make me illegal?

Marco

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
You mightwant toget a CHP.

[line]
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_ResidentConcealed.shtm

Resident Concealed Handgun Permits

Virginia Resident Concealed Handgun Permits are issued by the circuit court of the county or city in which the applicant resides. Please contact the applicable court for specific instruction on the application process.

Virginia Code Section 18.2-308 - Prohibits the carrying of any pistol, revolver, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind by action of an explosion of any combustible material; any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, machete, razor, slingshot, spring stick, metal knucks, or blackjack; any flailing instrument consisting of two or more rigid parts connected in such a manner as to allow them to swing freely, which may be known as a nun chahka, nun chuck, nunchaku, shuriken, or fighting chain; any disc, of whatever configuration, having at least two points or pointed blades which is designed to be thrown or propelled and which may be known as a throwing star or oriental dart; or any weapon of like kind by any person hidden from common observance about his person. Any of the enumerated weapons shall be seized and forfeited to the Commonwealth. A weapon shall be deemed to be hidden from common observation when it is observable but is of such deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature.

Based on the statute and decisions rendered by the Supreme Court, a weapon is considered to be concealed at any time it is placed in a location as to be within reach of the person, without the person being required to make an overt act to retrieve such weapon, when such weapon is hidden from common observation. Placing a weapon under the seat, on the seat hidden from common observation, or at any location from which the weapon can readily be retrieved is considered to be concealed. A person carrying a weapon in the unlocked glove compartment of an automobile, if the person does not have a permit or otherwise fall within any statutory exemption, is a violation of § 18.2-308(A), unless some particular fact or circumstance renders the weapon inaccessible

nova

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:

[line]
+1. VA Code makes no differentiation between CCW and an accidental covering of the gun. Concealed carry is just that, and if you don't have a CHP (with exceptions) then you can get nabbed with a charge.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

nova wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:

[line]
+1. VA Code makes no differentiation between CCW and an accidental covering of the gun. Concealed carry is just that, and if you don't have a CHP (with exceptions) then you can get nabbed with a charge.
That's pretty much what I figured. I've tested to see how I can make sure it doesn't become concealed...I can slide my leather coat down between me and the grip and it stays pretty securely...but, That was just a short ride on the bike to test it...who knows, after a couple of hours of having the wind blowing my jacket all over the place. I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was dealing with until I do get my CHP...wanna keep the title "law abiding citizen" intact!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AbNo wrote:
If you can, just tuck the jacket behind the holster.

It's what I do in Winter. :)
That's what I do with my motorcycle jacket.

nova

imported post

Since I still have this winter to go through while lacking a CHP I got a free duty holster from an arfcom member he didn't need anymore (I picked up the shipping costs at least :) ) so it will be a little easier to NOT conceal with my coat on as it rides lower and not as close in...while offering good retention.

But I've gotten by pretty easily just tucking my coat behind the holster I've been using already. :cool:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
SNIP Then again, I tend to wear hi-viz guns and grips - generates more conversation don't you know. :cool: The object being to educate.
Whew, thanks for clearingthat up.We knew by now not to expect tasteful fashion statements. But, we weren't toosure otherwise.

:D