Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56

Thread: OCing on Metro buses downtown Seattle.8-31-9

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    167

    Post imported post

    I rode the Metro buses in downtown Seattle, 6 different ones. I started my ride at 6pm. I rode from Queen Anne to downtown. Then from downtown up to capital hill, then back to downtown. Then all around downtown. No problems. I walked right by a group of four Seattle cops on 3rd ave, hanging out at a bus stop. At one bus stop by Macy's I had people actually come and stand by me from other places they had been waiting.On the last bus, it was full and noisy when I got on but then you could hear a pin drop when I was standing up front, and for my whole 5 minute ride back to Queen Anne it wasvery quiet, that was weird. I had my policy flier from Metro in my pocket, but no driver refused me service. Another good day OCing. It just proves all the anti-gunners wrong about people running around with guns and they will loose their temper and shoot somebody. What a cool experience.

  2. #2
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    i like the policy! i gotta ask, was the gun loaded? did you have a CPL?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  3. #3
    Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    592

    Post imported post

    Why would he walk around with an empty gun? Would you?

  4. #4
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    trevorthebusdriver wrote:
    Why would he walk around with an empty gun? Would you?
    I DONT CARRY HAMMERS!


    ive read about the bus bullitton (but cant sspell it) it makes no distinction about (loaded with CPL) or (unloaded, no CPL needed). i had a thread about OC on a bus sterile carry and RAS reqquiremenrs.

    i would like to see an AK, VA type no cpl required carry law, so im wondering if he pushed the envelope?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  5. #5
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
    trevorthebusdriver wrote:
    Why would he walk around with an empty gun? Would you?
    I DONT CARRY HAMMERS!


    ive read about the bus bullitton (but cant sspell it) it makes no distinction about (loaded with CPL) or (unloaded, no CPL needed). i had a thread about OC on a bus sterile carry and RAS reqquiremenrs.

    i would like to see an AK, VA type no cpl required carry law, so im wondering if he pushed the envelope?
    Defender, he was asking that because you asked, in the previous post,"was the gun loaded". Is there a reason anyone would walk around carrying an empty gun? Really, what's the point in carrying a gun that isn't loaded?
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    because not everyone has a cpl when they get in a vehicle

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,048

    Post imported post

    Boo Boo wrote:
    because not everyone has a cpl when they get in a vehicle
    Or maybe they don't have any ammo,and they figure they might as well at least use it as a deterrent to potential crime in their presence.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    Aaron1124 wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    because not everyone has a cpl when they get in a vehicle
    Or maybe they don't have any ammo,and they figure they might as well at least use it as a deterrent to potential crime in their presence.
    thats a stupid way of thinking and a way to end in the ground

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    167

    Post imported post

    Yes the gun was loaded. Yes, I have a CPL.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,048

    Post imported post

    Boo Boo wrote:
    Aaron1124 wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    because not everyone has a cpl when they get in a vehicle
    Or maybe they don't have any ammo,and they figure they might as well at least use it as a deterrent to potential crime in their presence.
    thats a stupid way of thinking and a way to end in the ground
    Doesn't matter. There are people who think that way.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    736

    Post imported post

    I've yet to have trouble with Metro, before or after the bulletin. Glad that most people are experiencing the same thing.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gig Harbor, Washington, USA
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    "A gun that's unloaded ain't good fer nuthin'."

    John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn
    True Grit

  13. #13
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Post imported post

    What is this ridiculous need to run around trying to get a reaction or confrontation.Do you normally ride 6 busses everyday.Why would you intentionally seek oput a group of LE so you can go talk to them.I bet you stand there trying to get them to notice your weapon. You do non of us anygood.You guys that are always trying to find someone to react to you.IDIOTS!

    And again the stupidity of calling cops when you do things.Yesterday I rode the 174 downtown to meet j213 for lunch.No one noticed!!!!! We went shopping around Pike Place market.No on noticed.I saw a some pike cops near the market.Didn't occur to me to go stand next to them .....What lunacy.All in all spent several hours downtown ,rode 1 bus merely to get to a destination ,we walked around ,had lunch in a busy market and by golly no one noticed.Because I wasn't trying to get people to notice.I don't get the stupidity of you running around going things you wouldn't normally do in the course of you day trying to create a confrontation over open carry.I didn't advise SPD that I was going downtown.I didn't advise Seatac PD that I was going outg for coffee with my side arm.Bookman and I went to Manus for lunch today. (he bought a desert eagle today by the way)We didn't advise Normandy park PD that we were going to be there. F...n stupid.Your doing open carry alot of harm because most LE don't care and don't want to be bothered by it.Its some of the large egos or simple minds here that have to run around with a hey look at me attitude.

    People are more supportive if they do see someone OC just going about there day.Not making extra trips on busses just to create a stir.Quit calling PD everytime an event is planned .Are you all so insecure in what your doing you look for approval.Screw that.Just be polite if they do show up.

    Carrying Ak's and heavy weapons to meets or protests not cool.Is that your everyday protection weapon or just showing off.I'm lible to point someone out to Le myself and say watch the dude with the AK he's a little sketchy.Because that is just an ego trip[ and doing that gives me pause weather they are stable enough to becarrying in the first place.Just carry what you would normally.

    Those are for if anyone trys to enforce any anti gun laws made.Then they come out.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,048

    Post imported post

    DEROS72 wrote:
    What is this ridiculous need to run around trying to get a reaction or confrontation.Do you normally ride 6 busses everyday.Why would you intentionally seek oput a group of LE so you can go talk to them.I bet you stand there trying to get them to notice your weapon. You do non of us anygood.You guys that are always trying to find someone to react to you.IDIOTS!

    And again the stupidity of calling cops when you do things.Yesterday I rode the 174 downtown to meet j213 for lunch.No one noticed!!!!! We went shopping around Pike Place market.No on noticed.I saw a some pike cops near the market.Didn't occur to me to go stand next to them .....What lunacy.All in all spent several hours downtown ,rode 1 bus merely to get to a destination ,we walked around ,had lunch in a busy market and by golly no one noticed.Because I wasn't trying to get people to notice.I don't get the stupidity of you running around going things you wouldn't normally do in the course of you day trying to create a confrontation over open carry.I didn't advise SPD that I was going downtown.I didn't advise Seatac PD that I was going outg for coffee with my side arm.Bookman and I went to Manus for lunch today. (he bought a desert eagle today by the way)We didn't advise Normandy park PD that we were going to be there. F...n stupid.Your doing open carry alot of harm because most LE don't care and don't want to be bothered by it.Its some of the large egos or simple minds here that have to run around with a hey look at me attitude.

    People are more supportive if they do see someone OC just going about there day.Not making extra trips on busses just to create a stir.Quit calling PD everytime an event is planned .Are you all so insecure in what your doing you look for approval.Screw that.Just be polite if they do show up.

    Carrying Ak's and heavy weapons to meets or protests not cool.Is that your everyday protection weapon or just showing off.I'm lible to point someone out to Le myself and say watch the dude with the AK he's a little sketchy.Because that is just an ego trip[ and doing that gives me pause weather they are stable enough to becarrying in the first place.Just carry what you would normally.

    Those are for if anyone trys to enforce any anti gun laws made.Then they come out.
    Sing it, brother!

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    38

    Post imported post

    DEROS72 wrote:
    What is this ridiculous need to run around trying to get a reaction or confrontation.Do you normally ride 6 busses everyday.Why would you intentionally seek oput a group of LE so you can go talk to them.I bet you stand there trying to get them to notice your weapon. You do non of us anygood.You guys that are always trying to find someone to react to you.IDIOTS!

    And again the stupidity of calling cops when you do things.Yesterday I rode the 174 downtown to meet j213 for lunch.No one noticed!!!!! We went shopping around Pike Place market.No on noticed.I saw a some pike cops near the market.Didn't occur to me to go stand next to them .....What lunacy.All in all spent several hours downtown ,rode 1 bus merely to get to a destination ,we walked around ,had lunch in a busy market and by golly no one noticed.Because I wasn't trying to get people to notice.I don't get the stupidity of you running around going things you wouldn't normally do in the course of you day trying to create a confrontation over open carry.I didn't advise SPD that I was going downtown.I didn't advise Seatac PD that I was going outg for coffee with my side arm.Bookman and I went to Manus for lunch today. (he bought a desert eagle today by the way)We didn't advise Normandy park PD that we were going to be there. F...n stupid.Your doing open carry alot of harm because most LE don't care and don't want to be bothered by it.Its some of the large egos or simple minds here that have to run around with a hey look at me attitude.

    People are more supportive if they do see someone OC just going about there day.Not making extra trips on busses just to create a stir.Quit calling PD everytime an event is planned .Are you all so insecure in what your doing you look for approval.Screw that.Just be polite if they do show up.

    Carrying Ak's and heavy weapons to meets or protests not cool.Is that your everyday protection weapon or just showing off.I'm lible to point someone out to Le myself and say watch the dude with the AK he's a little sketchy.Because that is just an ego trip[ and doing that gives me pause weather they are stable enough to becarrying in the first place.Just carry what you would normally.

    Those are for if anyone trys to enforce any anti gun laws made.Then they come out.
    It really looks like OP was looking for some kind of confrontations. For sure he has feeling of unsecurity thats why he calls first and then OC. He is not sure what he is doing. I bet he must getting beaten up everyday from his GF/Wife if he has any. Maybe he must be asking for persmission before even kissing her . 007 my A$$

  16. #16
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Post imported post

    Be safe ,be responsible ,be polite etc.But you don't need anyones approval and you do not need to bother LE everytime you step out.Iv'e seen some of these guys like he said deliberatly but strong side towards folks looking for a reaction.Freaking childish.You think guys like M1gunr,jarhead,j213 Manu,SV and so on go out looking for approval or call LE when going shopping or whatever.I think not.

    And all these stupid what if senarios ,whats up with that....?

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Puget Sound, Washington, USA
    Posts
    504

    Post imported post

    I do not need anybodies approval to practice my rights on public place and on my private property. On other private properties I just see how badly I need their services If I really want their services I respect their rules. Otherwise I take my business somewhere else(again showing respect to their rules). I never call anybody ahead of time . Just go out and do my business. I do not see any reason why I should be or would be calling before leaving my adobe. Its my opinion that's how I am. You want to call go ahead call but you are not doing any good to anybody not even to yourself, its just stiring up the pot.

  18. #18
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
    trevorthebusdriver wrote:
    Why would he walk around with an empty gun? Would you?
    I DONT CARRY HAMMERS!


    ive read about the bus bullitton (but cant sspell it) it makes no distinction about (loaded with CPL) or (unloaded, no CPL needed). i had a thread about OC on a bus sterile carry and RAS reqquiremenrs.

    i would like to see an AK, VA type no cpl required carry law, so im wondering if he pushed the envelope?
    Defender, he was asking that because you asked, in the previous post,"was the gun loaded". Is there a reason anyone would walk around carrying an empty gun? Really, what's the point in carrying a gun that isn't loade
    YES! There is a reason a LAC would carry an unloaded gun! It would be a criminal offence to carry a loaded gun on the bus unless he has a CPL.

    If youve read any of my What If? scenarios, my asking about him being loaded and/or CPL would seem a reasonable question about what kind of confrontation he was willing to get into.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kingston, Washington, USA
    Posts
    343

    Post imported post

    What is this ridiculous need to run around trying to get a reaction or confrontation.Do you normally ride 6 busses everyday.Why would you intentionally seek oput a group of LE so you can go talk to them.I bet you stand there trying to get them to notice your weapon. You do non of us anygood.You guys that are always trying to find someone to react to you.IDIOTS!

    Strawman argument: He never said why he was riding the buses. Why should he not?
    Two Deliberate smears: He never said he was trying to get a "reaction or confrontation", just that there wasn't any. He never said he was seeking out police to get a reaction.

    Group smear: "You guys" "Idiots!"

    Deros72 then launches into a description of his own journey around downtown while open carrying. I could ask the same questions of him.

    Strawman Argument: Seattle007 never said he was calling ahead to advise people that he was going to be there.

    Do I need your permission to Opencarry around downtown? Please advise as to the proper way and the number of Buses I can ride to keep it real and acceptable to you.

    I could go on and on, but Deros72, if you don't like people going out and enjoying OpenCarry, why are you here on a hobby website devoted to political change and promotion of OpenCarry?

    Get a grip.



  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    its the way it is one person can do it but if someone else does oh they're the scourge.

    I can see why the liberals/democrats want to take away guns. its not the guns who kill people its the ego people. double standards galore. if you don't fit in the group your ostisized. but then you see people complaining about someone then they brag about doing the same thing

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    Where on earth did he say that he called the cops before going out?

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,040

    Post imported post

    There is a time and a place for everything under the sun.

    Active confrontation to achieve education and publicity for our rights is valid.

    Rosa Parks could have sat in the back of the bus.

    There are numerous incidents where it is discovered that "people", be they neighbors,customers, managers, employees, legislators, judgesor (Heaven Forbid!) LEO's, discover that they do NOT, in fact, know what they are doing. They either are ignorant of the law, individual or collective rights or just arrogant enough to try to place their interpretation of what is right and wrong on others. Sometimes they're victims of poor training, confusing policiesorbad laws.

    So, some people and organizations choose to make a point of setting up situations where the point can be made.

    With regard to gun rights, that Chris guy in Phoenix, William Kostic in NH, Phil Van Cleeve in VA, LaPierre with the NRAand countless individuals and groups setup scenarios and take steps to control the situation so that people do not get hurt while they are achieving their goals of education or bringing up a court case to test or establish rights and boundaries.

    Some of us are doing a Meet and Greet tomorrow ata localMunicipal Park. A courtesy notification is being made in the hope that IF someone calls 911 to report a man with a gun, the operator will ask questions to determine if there is brandishing, threats and violence or just a group of citizens cooking some hotdogs on a holiday weekend. If the operators and police officers encounter these situations after proper briefings and training, maybe there will be fewer test cases needed in the future.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    38

    Post imported post

    wheelgunner with all due respectit looks like you are not aware of seattle007's previous posts and deeds he has called cops so many times before leaving his house. Even at one instance he called cops before he met Deros72 in a park in downtown seattle. He call cops before any OC get together. He tried to Carry at an event at seattle center when he called DaveWorkmans's office and Cops, he was strongly opposed for his actions. His actions were also point of discussions at Willow Lake meeting and Mercer Island Picnic. As you said I can go on and on with his actions which are no good to OC movement. It's good he is trying to excercise his rights but he should just stop calling ahead and stop stiring the pot.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    so he calls ahead? whoopie ******* doo. Can see all the anal retentive whiners ruining it for anyone else. you are the ones hoping for a confritation. and can see from other posts how you think you are always in the right but you'd rather get into someones face.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Puget Sound, Washington, USA
    Posts
    504

    Post imported post

    Boo I am trying to figure out whom you are addressing to?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •