• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing on Metro buses downtown Seattle.8-31-9

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

I rode the Metro buses in downtown Seattle, 6 different ones. I started my ride at 6pm. I rode from Queen Anne to downtown. Then from downtown up to capital hill, then back to downtown. Then all around downtown. No problems. I walked right by a group of four Seattle cops on 3rd ave, hanging out at a bus stop. At one bus stop by Macy's I had people actually come and stand by me from other places they had been waiting.On the last bus, it was full and noisy when I got on but then you could hear a pin drop when I was standing up front, and for my whole 5 minute ride back to Queen Anne it wasvery quiet, that was weird. I had my policy flier from Metro in my pocket, but no driver refused me service. Another good day OCing. It just proves all the anti-gunners wrong about people running around with guns and they will loose their temper and shoot somebody. What a cool experience.

1245A Defender

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
Why would he walk around with an empty gun? Would you?
I DONT CARRY HAMMERS!

ive read about the bus bullitton (but cant sspell it) it makes no distinction about (loaded with CPL) or (unloaded, no CPL needed). i had a thread about OC on a bus sterile carry and RAS reqquiremenrs.

i would like to see an AK, VA type no cpl required carry law, so im wondering if he pushed the envelope?

SpyderTattoo

imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
I DONT CARRY HAMMERS!

ive read about the bus bullitton (but cant sspell it) it makes no distinction about (loaded with CPL) or (unloaded, no CPL needed). i had a thread about OC on a bus sterile carry and RAS reqquiremenrs.

i would like to see an AK, VA type no cpl required carry law, so im wondering if he pushed the envelope?
Defender, he was asking that because you asked, in the previous post,"was the gun loaded". Is there a reason anyone would walk around carrying an empty gun? Really, what's the point in carrying a gun that isn't loaded?

Aaron1124

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
because not everyone has a cpl when they get in a vehicle
Or maybe they don't have any ammo,and they figure they might as well at least use it as a deterrent to potential crime in their presence.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Boo Boo wrote:
Or maybe they don't have any ammo,and they figure they might as well at least use it as a deterrent to potential crime in their presence.
thats a stupid way of thinking and a way to end in the ground

Aaron1124

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Boo Boo wrote:
thats a stupid way of thinking and a way to end in the ground
Doesn't matter. There are people who think that way.

DEROS72

imported post

What is this ridiculous need to run around trying to get a reaction or confrontation.Do you normally ride 6 busses everyday.Why would you intentionally seek oput a group of LE so you can go talk to them.I bet you stand there trying to get them to notice your weapon. You do non of us anygood.You guys that are always trying to find someone to react to you.IDIOTS!

And again the stupidity of calling cops when you do things.Yesterday I rode the 174 downtown to meet j213 for lunch.No one noticed!!!!! We went shopping around Pike Place market.No on noticed.I saw a some pike cops near the market.Didn't occur to me to go stand next to them .....What lunacy.All in all spent several hours downtown ,rode 1 bus merely to get to a destination ,we walked around ,had lunch in a busy market and by golly no one noticed.Because I wasn't trying to get people to notice.I don't get the stupidity of you running around going things you wouldn't normally do in the course of you day trying to create a confrontation over open carry.I didn't advise SPD that I was going downtown.I didn't advise Seatac PD that I was going outg for coffee with my side arm.Bookman and I went to Manus for lunch today. (he bought a desert eagle today by the way)We didn't advise Normandy park PD that we were going to be there. F...n stupid.Your doing open carry alot of harm because most LE don't care and don't want to be bothered by it.Its some of the large egos or simple minds here that have to run around with a hey look at me attitude.

People are more supportive if they do see someone OC just going about there day.Not making extra trips on busses just to create a stir.Quit calling PD everytime an event is planned .Are you all so insecure in what your doing you look for approval.Screw that.Just be polite if they do show up.

Carrying Ak's and heavy weapons to meets or protests not cool.Is that your everyday protection weapon or just showing off.I'm lible to point someone out to Le myself and say watch the dude with the AK he's a little sketchy.Because that is just an ego trip[ and doing that gives me pause weather they are stable enough to becarrying in the first place.Just carry what you would normally.

Those are for if anyone trys to enforce any anti gun laws made.Then they come out.

Aaron1124

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
What is this ridiculous need to run around trying to get a reaction or confrontation.Do you normally ride 6 busses everyday.Why would you intentionally seek oput a group of LE so you can go talk to them.I bet you stand there trying to get them to notice your weapon. You do non of us anygood.You guys that are always trying to find someone to react to you.IDIOTS!

And again the stupidity of calling cops when you do things.Yesterday I rode the 174 downtown to meet j213 for lunch.No one noticed!!!!! We went shopping around Pike Place market.No on noticed.I saw a some pike cops near the market.Didn't occur to me to go stand next to them .....What lunacy.All in all spent several hours downtown ,rode 1 bus merely to get to a destination ,we walked around ,had lunch in a busy market and by golly no one noticed.Because I wasn't trying to get people to notice.I don't get the stupidity of you running around going things you wouldn't normally do in the course of you day trying to create a confrontation over open carry.I didn't advise SPD that I was going downtown.I didn't advise Seatac PD that I was going outg for coffee with my side arm.Bookman and I went to Manus for lunch today. (he bought a desert eagle today by the way)We didn't advise Normandy park PD that we were going to be there. F...n stupid.Your doing open carry alot of harm because most LE don't care and don't want to be bothered by it.Its some of the large egos or simple minds here that have to run around with a hey look at me attitude.

People are more supportive if they do see someone OC just going about there day.Not making extra trips on busses just to create a stir.Quit calling PD everytime an event is planned .Are you all so insecure in what your doing you look for approval.Screw that.Just be polite if they do show up.

Carrying Ak's and heavy weapons to meets or protests not cool.Is that your everyday protection weapon or just showing off.I'm lible to point someone out to Le myself and say watch the dude with the AK he's a little sketchy.Because that is just an ego trip[ and doing that gives me pause weather they are stable enough to becarrying in the first place.Just carry what you would normally.

Those are for if anyone trys to enforce any anti gun laws made.Then they come out.
Sing it, brother!

opencary?

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:

It really looks like OP was looking for some kind of confrontations. For sure he has feeling of unsecurity thats why he calls first and then OC. He is not sure what he is doing. I bet he must getting beaten up everyday from his GF/Wife if he has any. Maybe he must be asking for persmission before even kissing her :D. 007 my A$$

DEROS72

imported post

Be safe ,be responsible ,be polite etc.But you don't need anyones approval and you do not need to bother LE everytime you step out.Iv'e seen some of these guys like he said deliberatly but strong side towards folks looking for a reaction.Freaking childish.You think guys like M1gunr,jarhead,j213 Manu,SV and so on go out looking for approval or call LE when going shopping or whatever.I think not.

And all these stupid what if senarios ,whats up with that....?

Manu

imported post

I do not need anybodies approval to practice my rights on public place and on my private property. On other private properties I just see how badly I need their services If I really want their services I respect their rules. Otherwise I take my business somewhere else(again showing respect to their rules). I never call anybody ahead of time . Just go out and do my business. I do not see any reason why I should be or would be calling before leaving my adobe. Its my opinion that's how I am. You want to call go ahead call but you are not doing any good to anybody not even to yourself, its just stiring up the pot.

1245A Defender

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
I DONT CARRY HAMMERS!

Defender, he was asking that because you asked, in the previous post,"was the gun loaded". Is there a reason anyone would walk around carrying an empty gun? Really, what's the point in carrying a gun that isn't loade
YES! There is a reason a LAC would carry an unloaded gun! It would be a criminal offence to carry a loaded gun on the bus unless he has a CPL.

If youve read any of my What If? scenarios, my asking about him being loaded and/or CPL would seem a reasonable question about what kind of confrontation he was willing to get into.

Wheelgunner

imported post

Strawman argument: He never said why he was riding the buses. Why should he not?
Two Deliberate smears: He never said he was trying to get a "reaction or confrontation", just that there wasn't any. He never said he was seeking out police to get a reaction.

Group smear: "You guys" "Idiots!"

Deros72 then launches into a description of his own journey around downtown while open carrying. I could ask the same questions of him.

Strawman Argument: Seattle007 never said he was calling ahead to advise people that he was going to be there.

Do I need your permission to Opencarry around downtown? Please advise as to the proper way and the number of Buses I can ride to keep it real and acceptable to you.

I could go on and on, but Deros72, if you don't like people going out and enjoying OpenCarry, why are you here on a hobby website devoted to political change and promotion of OpenCarry?

Get a grip.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

its the way it is one person can do it but if someone else does oh they're the scourge.

I can see why the liberals/democrats want to take away guns. its not the guns who kill people its the ego people. double standards galore. if you don't fit in the group your ostisized. but then you see people complaining about someone then they brag about doing the same thing