• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Too many new threads....

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Try to keep one event, one thread. We don't need a separate sign thread, food thread, idea thread, place thread, etc for the same event. Makes it easier to follow and not get things mixed up.

No need to start a new thread for each encounter you have, or each place you go. We have a good/bad business thread. Walmart has a thread too we're already talking on. There are now a couple walmart threads, a few bank threads, several for the same event planned, etc.

Basically, keep thinks neat and organized so that we don't have to scroll through several pages of threads to find the "whole picture" of whatever information we're looking for/posting on.

For your enjoyment, I'm posting my latest experience in my OC log. Feel free to start your own and add to it as you want, and that will give you a place to share your experience.

John Wolver

imported post

I would disagree, new threads let peope know there is something new. Thats the point of putting them up. Otherwise you have threads that are 10 pages long and off topic.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

John Wolver wrote:
I would disagree, new threads let peope know there is something new. Thats the point of putting them up. Otherwise you have threads that are 10 pages long and off topic.
Posting something new on the same thread brings it to the top and lets you know there is something new there...in the same TOPIC. Your starting new topics for the same topic we're already talking about...or am I missing something here? Yes, it makes it 10 pages long...I can look at one thread, and go back through it to see how we got to where we are without searching through the pages and pages of threads to find disconnected info on the same issue. It also keeps the all the recent (prior 2 months or so) of activity to one page.

I personally will only be reading one thread per topic...the latest one. If you want me to see it, I'd keep it in the same one.

John Wolver

imported post

Well as i already told ib, some new topics will be made in regards to events, such as what supplies to bring, etc, so if we are taking a headcount or something, we dont have other things in it.

that being said i am going to email the site owners, and offer my services as board moderator and clean up useless threads after they are done.