Thread: Gun Grabbers Rally Tomorrow (9/2) in Fairfax

Post imported post

Where: Fairfax County Government Center
    12000 Government Center Parkway
    Fairfax, VA 22035

When: Wednesday, September 2nd
    Arrival Time: 5:00 p.m.
    Start Time: 6:30 p.m.

Barack Obama's Organizing for America, along with the rest of the anti-gun, statist crowd, will be holding a rally tomorrow at the Fairfax County Government Center.

I'm encouraging all other freedom-loving Virginians to come out with me and some others to exercise our First Amendment Rights and tell then that we won't stand for gun control and other government control schemes.

And remember, this is the same place where the VCDL has their meetings, so yes, Open Carry is legal.

For more information from the statist, click here:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/gpkgg4

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Thank you for the alert.

The location of the meeting is not where VCDL holds its meetings. There are something like 8 government centers in Fairfax County. Mostly district supervisors offices connected to police stations with some community meeting rooms.

Who's going?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

NOVAConfederate wrote:
    Where: Fairfax County Government Center
    Fairfax, VA 22035

And remember, this is the same place where the VCDL has their meetings, so yes, Open Carry is legal.
    This is where VCDL has the meetings:
    Mason District Gov't Center
    6507 Columbia Pike
    Annandale, VA 22003
    Not the address you listed.

I will try to attend.

[line]
    ETA:
    From the above link:

Community Conversation on Health Care (Health Insurance Reform Now)
    Come out for a positive show of support for health insurance reform with Wendell Potter.

Time:
    Wednesday, September 2 from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Host:
    Brandyn Keating

Fairfax County Government Center (Fairfax, VA)
    Fairfax, VA 22035
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I will be there as well.

And I know of a few others that will be there too.

I'll have a "Guns Save Lives Sign" and possibly some others.

Post imported post

I'll try to attend, though I have a class that probably won't end until the thing's already started so if I show at all it will be late.

Give 'em hell. Virginia is OUR state, we want to keep it ours.

CARPETBAGGERS GO HOME!!! :X

Post imported post

The event is booked (or so says the site). Whats the game plan to stage some form of protest outside the meeting?

Post imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
    The event is booked (or so says the site).
    Wonder why?....perhaps a few ACORN busses booked all the seats?

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    crazydude6030 wrote:

I think that pretty much everyone does that ( though I don't think its right). I am just wondering what the game plan is. I mean is the though to go protest against health care while opencarrying? or is it to promote gun rights? The title says gun grabbers but we have pro-gun people who are also pro-health care. Maybe I am just over thinking it?

Anyhow, I would like to know where everyone plans to be so that if I make it I can at least join the right group.

Post imported post

It's too bad that the Protest Warrior guys don't seem to be too active any more. They would be a great resource to get on board with the pro-2A cause... and for the "Stop Obamacare" cause as well.

They do have one anti-gun control poster on their site:

They have lots of other great posters, most designed around the anti-war-protester theme. Their very first poster is a classic:

They got their start by making this and other similarly themed signs and slipping in among the anti-war protesters. Many would encourage them right along, until they took the time to read and then think about what their signs were saying...

TFred

Post imported post

Thank you for the link, TFred. I just spent 45 minutes looking at their various web sites and info. Very interesting!

They're a good bunch of eggs! I love their signs and the article about attending the anti-war protest organized by the communists. A great read!

msc

"If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

I will attempt to make this. 5 PM at the ass-end of the county, gonna be tight...time to hit the rack and get to work early.

Post imported post

I can't make this, but I would if I could. Sounds like an interesting meeting.

Post imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
    nova wrote:
    crazydude6030 wrote:

I think that pretty much everyone does that ( though I don't think its right). I am just wondering what the game plan is. I mean is the though to go protest against health care while opencarrying? or is it to promote gun rights? The title says gun grabbers but we have pro-gun people who are also pro-health care. Maybe I am just over thinking it?

Anyhow, I would like to know where everyone plans to be so that if I make it I can at least join the right group.
    I think we are all pro-health care. Most of us just don't it run by a single partisan government.

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    I think we are all pro-health care. Most of us just don't it run by a single partisan government.
    Honestly, it doesn't matter what partisan run it. I cant express how upset I get thinking that more of my money will be stolen from me in the name of healthcare.

Post imported post

Did anyone else get this phone call last night:

http://rhcr.org/fairfax.wav

It directed folks to http://rhcr.org

It looks like this may turn into a big event.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    I resent that!

Post imported post

Carpetbagger wrote:
    nova wrote:
    I resent that!
    Sorry I left out the "if you don't like VA and want to change it into NY" part.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    Carpetbagger wrote:
    nova wrote:
    I resent that!

No problem! In my case, I left Mass. about 17 years ago and never looked back. There is NOTHING about Mass. that I would want to bring to VA (except sometimes I miss the snow!).

Post imported post

Carpetbagger wrote:
    (except sometimes I miss the snow!).
    That's why we have West Virginia!

Post imported post

Carpetbagger wrote:
    nova wrote:
    Carpetbagger wrote:
    nova wrote:
    I resent that!

No problem! In my case, I left Mass. about 17 years ago and never looked back. There is NOTHING about Mass. that I would want to bring to VA (except sometimes I miss the snow!).
    I've lived here for 20 years...I love snow but if I want more I can just go to the other end of the state or to PA

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

edited to delete suspicions about OP and delete references to robo-calls.

I talked to two others who received the robo-calls.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Trust me, I'm no plant. And nothing strange is up.

My name is Brian Gentry. I've been in Virginia for three years, off and on traveling on campaigns and what not. I got the VCDL meeting wrong because the last one I went to was the Bloomberg Gun Giveaway (I travel a lot fundraising and stuff) and I just remembered it being at a Fairfax Government Center. Now I see it was the Mason District. I should have checked before posting.

I just went by a VDCL person's house and picked up a roll of 500 of the orange "Guns Save Lives" stickers.

I worked for Ron Paul and am currently an active member of the Arlington Campaign for Liberty.

Hell, I don't care about anyone knowing who I am (I'm sure I'm already on the FEMA list) so here's my cell number if anyone wants to call and doublecheck just to make sure they're not being tricked or anything. Give me a call: 571-242-7500.

As for the phone calls and the website and all, I guess my name's on someone's gun list. That's all I can say about that.

But anyways, I'll be there with some coworkers around 5. I'll have a huge "Come and Take It" flag with an AR-15 on it(if you were at the Moran town hall yes that was me) and will be passing out "Guns Save Lives" stickers, among other things. Myfriend will have a police bull horn.

We won't be hard to miss.

If you have time, come out, join me and my friends and say hello. I always like to meet fellow liberty-minded people.

Oh, and the reason why I'm NOVAConfederate is because I'm from Georgia, a dues-paying League of the South member and a hardcore Confederate.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

edited to delete suspicions and reference to robo-call

Post imported post

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The meeting occurred at the main gov't center in front of the Taj Mahal.

Small group of health-fraudsupporters, maybe 25.

Small group of pro-gun guys across the driveway from them, maybe ten. A bit of rah-rah back and forth.

Some crossing of no-mans land.Views exchanged. Civil, but impassioned.

Press interviews with cameras.

Watch the evening news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast