• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Grabbers Rally Tomorrow (9/2) in Fairfax

NOVAConfederate

imported post

Where: Fairfax County Government Center
12000 Government Center Parkway
Fairfax, VA 22035

When: Wednesday, September 2nd
Arrival Time: 5:00 p.m.
Start Time: 6:30 p.m.

Barack Obama's Organizing for America, along with the rest of the anti-gun, statist crowd, will be holding a rally tomorrow at the Fairfax County Government Center.

I'm encouraging all other freedom-loving Virginians to come out with me and some others to exercise our First Amendment Rights and tell then that we won't stand for gun control and other government control schemes.

And remember, this is the same place where the VCDL has their meetings, so yes, Open Carry is legal.

For more information from the statist, click here:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/gpkgg4

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thank you for the alert.

The location of the meeting is not where VCDL holds its meetings. There are something like 8 government centers in Fairfax County. Mostly district supervisors offices connected to police stations with some community meeting rooms.

Who's going?

Marco

imported post

NOVAConfederate wrote:
Where: Fairfax County Government Center
Fairfax, VA 22035

And remember, this is the same place where the VCDL has their meetings, so yes, Open Carry is legal.

This is where VCDL has the meetings:
Mason District Gov't Center
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003
Not the address you listed.

I will try to attend.

[line]
ETA:
From the above link:

Community Conversation on Health Care (Health Insurance Reform Now)
Come out for a positive show of support for health insurance reform with Wendell Potter.

Time:
Wednesday, September 2 from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Host:
Brandyn Keating

Fairfax County Government Center (Fairfax, VA)
Fairfax, VA 22035

NOVAConfederate

imported post

I will be there as well.

And I know of a few others that will be there too.

I'll have a "Guns Save Lives Sign" and possibly some others.

nova

imported post

I'll try to attend, though I have a class that probably won't end until the thing's already started so if I show at all it will be late.

Give 'em hell. Virginia is OUR state, we want to keep it ours.

CARPETBAGGERS GO HOME!!! :X

crazydude6030

imported post

The event is booked (or so says the site). Whats the game plan to stage some form of protest outside the meeting?

nova

imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
The event is booked (or so says the site).
Wonder why?....perhaps a few ACORN busses booked all the seats?

acorn+bus.JPG

crazydude6030

imported post

nova wrote:
crazydude6030 wrote:

acorn+bus.JPG

I think that pretty much everyone does that ( though I don't think its right). I am just wondering what the game plan is. I mean is the though to go protest against health care while opencarrying? or is it to promote gun rights? The title says gun grabbers but we have pro-gun people who are also pro-health care. Maybe I am just over thinking it?

Anyhow, I would like to know where everyone plans to be so that if I make it I can at least join the right group.

TFred

imported post

It's too bad that the Protest Warrior guys don't seem to be too active any more. They would be a great resource to get on board with the pro-2A cause... and for the "Stop Obamacare" cause as well.

They do have one anti-gun control poster on their site:

pw_sign_47.gif

They have lots of other great posters, most designed around the anti-war-protester theme. Their very first poster is a classic:

pw_sign_01.gif

They got their start by making this and other similarly themed signs and slipping in among the anti-war protesters. Many would encourage them right along, until they took the time to read and then think about what their signs were saying... :)

TFred

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Thank you for the link, TFred. I just spent 45 minutes looking at their various web sites and info. Very interesting!

They're a good bunch of eggs! I love their signs and the article about attending the anti-war protest organized by the communists. A great read!

msc

richarcm

imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
nova wrote:
crazydude6030 wrote:

acorn+bus.JPG

I think that pretty much everyone does that ( though I don't think its right). I am just wondering what the game plan is. I mean is the though to go protest against health care while opencarrying? or is it to promote gun rights? The title says gun grabbers but we have pro-gun people who are also pro-health care. Maybe I am just over thinking it?

Anyhow, I would like to know where everyone plans to be so that if I make it I can at least join the right group.
I think we are all pro-health care. Most of us just don't it run by a single partisan government.

crazydude6030

imported post

richarcm wrote:
I think we are all pro-health care. Most of us just don't it run by a single partisan government.
Honestly, it doesn't matter what partisan run it. I cant express how upset I get thinking that more of my money will be stolen from me in the name of healthcare.

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nova wrote:
Carpetbagger wrote:
nova wrote:
I resent that! :D
Sorry I left out the "if you don't like VA and want to change it into NY" part.

:lol::cool:
No problem! In my case, I left Mass. about 17 years ago and never looked back. There is NOTHING about Mass. that I would want to bring to VA (except sometimes I miss the snow!).

nova

imported post

Carpetbagger wrote:
nova wrote:
Carpetbagger wrote:
nova wrote:
I resent that! :D
Sorry I left out the "if you don't like VA and want to change it into NY" part.

:lol::cool:
No problem! In my case, I left Mass. about 17 years ago and never looked back. There is NOTHING about Mass. that I would want to bring to VA (except sometimes I miss the snow!).
I've lived here for 20 years...I love snow but if I want more I can just go to the other end of the state or to PA :)