• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I had the cops called on me for carrying!

threadedcac9

imported post

Probably ignorance

Scares tourists etc.

Do not want to decrease tourism, if word is out that citizens with guns are walking around less will visit and there goes the $$$$$$$.

politicians playing politics with law abiding citizens rights. whats new:cuss:

etc. etc. contact the local politicians......

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A few years ago, a small bomb exploded in the parking garage of the Luxor.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gzsIwE-7nyF-iCiw4qYjjl79zRbQD9AARRUO1

Las Vegas was #1 on the car theft list nationwide for years. Only recently we were lowered to #7 on the list.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/apr/13/las-vegas-falls-no-7-auto-theft-list/

OJ Simpson!
(no link necessary)

I know OC may not exactly be billboard material that the Las Vegas Visitors and Convention Authority would display in their worldwide marketing, but if OC'ing can eliminate tourism in this town, this town has nothing to begin with.

Facejackets

imported post

It is not illegal to OC on the strip, and I never once said that it was in my post.

I just choose not to because I suffer from this little thing called "common sense". My bad.

I try not to stir things up with Johnny Law because I don't need that kind of drama in my life. Sitting in jail over a weekend because someone thinks me carrying my firearm openly on the strip is not my idea of fun. I'll play it safe. you guys can have all the fun you want "testing" these officers. I'm not taking the chance on losing my right to own firearms over one stretch of road I think I should be able to carry on.

Prophet

imported post

Facejackets wrote:
  I'm not taking the chance on losing my right to own firearms over one stretch of road I think I should be able to carry on.

I wonder what life would be like if Rosa Parks didn't want to take a chance on losing her ability to ride the bus.

But if you're willing to compromise your rights you go right ahead. Let them keep chip chip chippin away at that right. Evil can only exist when good men do nothing. Not like I have much of a choice while visiting since your state doesn't like my states LTCF. I think its really just Superbowl and Stanley Cup envy, if you ask me.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Facejackets wrote:
OC is fine, but don't do it on the strip.
If you had said I like to OC, however I choose not to do it on the strip,I would have not replyed. The problem here is you told me, and anyone else reading this, what to do!! or rather what not to do. I ask you again, under what authority do you give this command? ? do you somehow rationalize, thatyour view of common sense, constitutes law? cite your authority please.

jfrey123

imported post

I'm going to defend Facejackets here and tell you don't walk into a 7-11 wearing a hoodie up, big sunglasses, and a bandana across your nose and mouth.

He's on our side, he's clarified his post. Why the urge to press a guy who's on our side here?

:cuss:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

jfrey123 wrote:
I'm going to defend Facejackets here and tell you don't walk into a 7-11 wearing a hoodie up, big sunglasses, and a bandana across your nose and mouth.

He's on our side, he's clarified his post. Why the urge to press a guy who's on our side here?

What ammendment are hoodies protected under.???

What makes you think he is on our side? he never clarified anything, he didnt cite the law banning OC on the strip, he certainly didnt answer my question. not only that he took a low blow (the common sense crap)at pioneering citizens like Timf343 who has done a lot of good work in our valley, and I will call him out every time he takes a shot at our cause.

Facejackets

imported post

DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
jfrey123 wrote:

What ammendment are hoodies protected under.???

What makes you think he is on our side? he never clarified anything, he didnt cite the law banning OC on the strip, he certainly didnt answer my question. not only that he took a low blow (the common sense crap)at pioneering citizens like Timf343 who has done a lot of good work in our valley, and I will call him out every time he takes a shot at our cause.

Like I stated before, it is not against the law to OC on the strip. My post wasn't intended to tell anyone what to do. It was merely a suggestion.

And you are totally right, I am not on your side. Not one bit.

You can just keep on thinking that. Call me out all you want.

And yes, stand up for Tim all you want, I never brought his name up. But I do think it is pretty funny that I mentioned someone having no common sense, and the first person YOU think of is Tim. :lol:

I have no personal problem with anyone on this board, and I'm sorry you seem to. That is really unfortunate.

Have fun with your "cause". I'll just carry because I can.

Tophog

imported post

DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
Facejackets wrote:
If you had said I like to OC, however I choose not to do it on the strip,I would have not replyed. The problem here is you told me, and anyone else reading this, what to do!! or rather what not to do. I ask you again, under what authority do you give this command? ? do you somehow rationalize, thatyour view of common sense, constitutes law? cite your authority please.

HEY, TREAD!!!!!

Quit trying to act like a PUNK!

If you are from any form of real barrio or hood, you wouldknow what I mean!

No one told you what to do! It was offered as advice, but apparently not worded in a manner you think you should be accustomed to. How's this:

Shut the f*** up!

-

Were you at the NLVOC trash pickup?

If you were, people were giving orders, which we knew were only suggestions. But to pull something like that off, there had to be some organization, and no one complained. Or else I missed your diatribe that day!

Have you accompanied Facejackets on an outing, or are you an armchair jerk?

-

I personally know both gentlemen, and support each of them. Two methods, same goal. If you care not to fit in, here's a recommendation: HIT THE ROAD!

This is about freedoms, not your ego!
-

Sorry, I almost forgot: Bob 775-537-6751

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Tophog wrote:
DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
Facejackets wrote:

HEY, TREAD!!!!!

No one told you what to do! It was offered as advice, but apparently not worded in a manner you think you should be accustomed to. How's this:

Shut the f*** up!

-

If you were, people were giving orders, which we knew were only suggestions. But to pull something like that off, there had to be some organization, and no one complained. Or else I missed your diatribe that day!

-

I personally know both gentlemen, and support each of them. Two methods, same goal. If you care not to fit in, here's a recommendation: HIT THE ROAD!

-

now we are getting excited, and the name calling is a nice touch. NOT. I initially spoke up because I felt that a new member to the forum may take facejackets statement as law. when I spokeI simply asked a question that he could have answered if he wanted. He chose not to address itbut went on to mention that whoeverdidnt agree with him lacked common sense.I belive I was well within the intent, and rules of the forum.

As far as your questions,

I don't believe that the "hood" has anything to do with a forum, it is an intetedmixture ofideas and backgrounds.

I did attend the trash P/U and don't recall the orders flying. it was a first and somwhat unorganized event where we ad-libed all day. I remember people saying "no one is in charge"

I would love to OC with facejacket and anyone else for that matter I will be on Las Vegas BLVD. this sat. if you wold like to join me send a pm. I believe that answers the "hit the road" issue as well. as far as personally knowing anyone, you couldn't be talking about me.

However, I appreciate your number and will call. I do believe we have alot in common.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Facejackets wrote:
I try not to stir things up with Johnny Law because I don't need that kind of drama in my life. Sitting in jail over a weekend because someone thinks me carrying my firearm openly on the strip is not my idea of fun. I'll play it safe. you guys can have all the fun you want "testing" these officers. I'm not taking the chance on losing my right to own firearms over one stretch of road I think I should be able to carry on.
Hmmm, I'll be in Vegas later this week...

I've never had any problems with the Vegas police on prior trips; I had no idea the dept was corrupt and full of lawbreakers. What would they keep you in jail for several days for, should they see you open carrying?

Also, re: losing your right to own firearms... What felony conviction would result from carrying on the strip?

Tophog

imported post

DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
Tophog wrote:
DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
Facejackets wrote:

HEY, TREAD!!!!!

Shut the f*** up!

-

-

-

now we are getting excited, and the name calling is a nice touch. NOT. I initially spoke up because I felt that a new member to the forum may take facejackets statement as law. when I spokeI simply asked a question that he could have answered if he wanted. He chose not to address itbut went on to mention that whoeverdidnt agree with him lacked common sense.I belive I was well within the intent, and rules of the forum.

As far as your questions,

I don't believe that the "hood" has anything to do with a forum, it is an intetedmixture ofideas and backgrounds.

I did attend the trash P/U and don't recall the orders flying. it was a first and somwhat unorganized event where we ad-libed all day. I remember people saying "no one is in charge"

I would love to OC with facejacket and anyone else for that matter I will be on Las Vegas BLVD. this sat. if you wold like to join me send a pm. I believe that answers the "hit the road" issue as well. as far as personally knowing anyone, you couldn't be talking about me.

However, I appreciate your number and will call. I do believe we have alot in common.

Can't make it this weekend.

-

You're right, at the trash pick up, no one was in charge, and no 'direct orders' were given, but some semblance of organization was required, or people could have wandered aimlessly and ended up in Henderson.

When Tim said "Meet back here with the trash", did you tell him you don't take orders?

When someone said to line up on the steps for a photo, was that an order? Rather silly, huh?

I don't think anyone would take Facejacket's suggestion as an 'order', so it just bothered me with the tone you took. You knew what he was implying.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would echo the suggestion to visitors that RIGHT NOW open carry on the strip is probably a bad idea.

TREAD has personal experience with the unprofessional behavior of some law enforcement on the strip regarding firearms, and he WASN'T EVEN OPEN CARRYING!

Following his negative encounter and subsequent efforts to change it, merely resolving to "don't carry on the strip" seems like a failure. Tread and I and many others on this board are working to put an end to illegal and unprofessional behavior from law enforcement so that SOME DAY the suggestion needn't be given not to carry on the strip, but that in fact, we Las Vegans welcome gun-carrying pro-liberty folks from all over the world. It's proven a very slow and difficult process, but we are making progress.

We are all hopefully on the same team. In my mind that is pro-liberty, pro-OC, pro-gun. And we all have our roles to fill. There are many who enjoy the right to CC, OC, etc, but choose not to be as brazen in their encounters with law enforcement. I don't fault you.

At a different point in my life, I was the same way. Employers can run extensive background checks that can reveal even overnight arrests, and no amount of explanation is good enough. It doesn't matter that you were in the right and police were conducting themselves illegally. What matters is that you didn't land the job. Who needs that kind of stress? Yes, we need personal freedoms. But we also have to eat too.

The only thing I ask in return is that you don't fault me. It may reflect my own lack of "common sense", just please don't judge me for standing up for what I believe in, whether I stand with you or against you.

It's not fun to have to fight for and rehash centuries old discussions (wasn't the US Constitution and Bill of Rights passed back in the 1700s?), but it is where we find ourselves. We must be resilient to those who seek to seize power at the cost of our own personal freedoms and must realize that any encroachment whatsoever is a step in the wrong direction.