Thread: Richmond area hospitals

Post imported post

I have been visiting the Memorial Regional Medical Center (MRMC) in Hanover for the past several days visiting with my mother in the hospital. I have researched the "normal" places (i.e. VA code, hospital entryways, signage)to see what carry restrictions there may be and can't find any. I'm not inclined to go ask permission to carry there but feel kind of obsessive in knowing at this point since I'll be spending quite a bit of time there for the next week at least. However, as a last research point, does anyone have experience at this hospital as well as others in the Richmond area (Father in law may be about to be admitted to Henrico Doctor's tomorrow...)?

Thanks!

PS - I went in tonight OC'ing as I had several times before. I walked past 2 Henrico officers "guarding" someone's room. One gave me the :what:andacknowledged me after I first greeted him.

Post imported post

Lie2me wrote:
    I have been visiting the Memorial Regional Medical Center (MRMC) in Hanover for the past several days visiting with my mother in the hospital. I have researched the "normal" places (i.e. VA code, hospital entryways, signage)to see what carry restrictions there may be and can't find any. I'm not inclined to go ask permission to carry there but feel kind of obsessive in knowing at this point since I'll be spending quite a bit of time there for the next week at least. However, as a last research point, does anyone have experience at this hospital as well as others in the Richmond area (Father in law may be about to be admitted to Henrico Doctor's tomorrow...)?

Thanks!

PS - I went in tonight OC'ing as I had several times before. I walked past 2 Henrico officers "guarding" someone's room. One gave me the :what:andacknowledged me after I first greeted him.
    I have visited folks at Chippenham and Johnson-Willis while OCing, and have had OCing visitors while renting a room at Chippenham. VCU hospital is covered by the VCU ban. Don't know about Henrico Doctor's but would guess that they will not say anything unless you bring it up first or start waving it around or some other completely inappropriate behavior.

Good thoughts being sent to both parents. Must be rough having to travel between hospitals to check in on them.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Have OCd without incident at:

Chippenham Hospital
    Johnston-Willis Hospital
    Memorial Regional Medical Center
    St Mary's Hospital

The last two are part of the Bon Secours Health System, so I would guess the others (St. Francis & Richmond Community) are probably OK too.

Also, I have OCd at Patient First.

At one time MCV was OK for CC - at least I was directed to do that by their security. I even had a CAT scan that showed a handgun "in the right lower quadrant!"
    No more!

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot, you have to be one of the coolest dudes just for the fact of having a gun in your cat scan. I keep wanting to get up with everyone at the breakfasts, but the current situations do not permit.

I carried at mrmc again tonight, I think I alarmed some nurses who were in the same area as the Henrico guys last night. But, no one said anything. I reviewed the bonsecours web site and didn't find anything. So, as far as I can tell, I'm good to go.

Thanks for your support skidmark. It's very difficult to say the least right now.