• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond area hospitals

Lie2me

imported post

I have been visiting the Memorial Regional Medical Center (MRMC) in Hanover for the past several days visiting with my mother in the hospital. I have researched the "normal" places (i.e. VA code, hospital entryways, signage)to see what carry restrictions there may be and can't find any. I'm not inclined to go ask permission to carry there but feel kind of obsessive in knowing at this point since I'll be spending quite a bit of time there for the next week at least. However, as a last research point, does anyone have experience at this hospital as well as others in the Richmond area (Father in law may be about to be admitted to Henrico Doctor's tomorrow...)?

Thanks!

PS - I went in tonight OC'ing as I had several times before. I walked past 2 Henrico officers "guarding" someone's room. One gave me the :what:andacknowledged me after I first greeted him.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Lie2me wrote:
I have been visiting the Memorial Regional Medical Center (MRMC) in Hanover for the past several days visiting with my mother in the hospital. I have researched the "normal" places (i.e. VA code, hospital entryways, signage)to see what carry restrictions there may be and can't find any. I'm not inclined to go ask permission to carry there but feel kind of obsessive in knowing at this point since I'll be spending quite a bit of time there for the next week at least. However, as a last research point, does anyone have experience at this hospital as well as others in the Richmond area (Father in law may be about to be admitted to Henrico Doctor's tomorrow...)?

Thanks!

PS - I went in tonight OC'ing as I had several times before. I walked past 2 Henrico officers "guarding" someone's room. One gave me the :what:andacknowledged me after I first greeted him.

I have visited folks at Chippenham and Johnson-Willis while OCing, and have had OCing visitors while renting a room at Chippenham. VCU hospital is covered by the VCU ban. Don't know about Henrico Doctor's but would guess that they will not say anything unless you bring it up first or start waving it around or some other completely inappropriate behavior.

Good thoughts being sent to both parents. Must be rough having to travel between hospitals to check in on them.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Have OCd without incident at:

Chippenham Hospital
Johnston-Willis Hospital
Memorial Regional Medical Center
St Mary's Hospital

The last two are part of the Bon Secours Health System, so I would guess the others (St. Francis & Richmond Community) are probably OK too.

Also, I have OCd at Patient First.

At one time MCV was OK for CC - at least I was directed to do that by their security. I even had a CAT scan that showed a handgun "in the right lower quadrant!"
No more! :(

Yata hey

Lie2me

imported post

Grapeshot, you have to be one of the coolest dudes just for the fact of having a gun in your cat scan. I keep wanting to get up with everyone at the breakfasts, but the current situations do not permit.

I carried at mrmc again tonight, I think I alarmed some nurses who were in the same area as the Henrico guys last night. But, no one said anything. I reviewed the bonsecours web site and didn't find anything. So, as far as I can tell, I'm good to go.

Thanks for your support skidmark. It's very difficult to say the least right now.