Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Not Cool With Stylez Getting Banned

Banned

Post imported post

Sure, the goof called for me to be banned at least a dozen times, but I don't measure my morality or my temper by another.

He recently opened a decent discussion about natural law and was gone shortly thereafter.

In an analysis of it all, a world with Stylez as Supreme Emporer is a far sight kinder, freer and more compassionate than a world run by many posters here would be.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

No offense, but I'm cool with it.

His point of view has nothing to do with. His flat refusal to discuss without numerous twists and dodges, plus his antagonizing approach, did it for me long ago. If you look, you'll find lots of fighting followed him.

It was past time for the steady source of aggravation to go.

If anybody cares to look, he seems to have returned under the username AyeYo or some such. Nothing convinces me faster of a proper ban than for the banned to violate the ban.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Yeah, not having to sort through his rubbish is really disappointing. Oh well, I'm sure some other jerk from ivy league country will grace us with his presence soon.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

buster81 wrote:
    Yeah, not having to sort through his rubbish is really disappointing. Oh well, I'm sure some other jerk from ivy league country will grace us with his presence soon.
    Youpointto the heart of the matter I think.

Freedom of association necessarily includes the freedom to not associate. The moderators basically said they don't want to associate with him.

For me, when someone's abrasive style contributes to regular fights, especially when it heavily overshadows the genuine contributions they make, if any, its time for them to go.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Well, I usually get along with him, but I told him he needs to cool it with the personal insult stuff. He really enjoys getting people spun up, and too many of us walked right into it. Antagonizing people for fun will get you banned everytime.

He's got brains, but he needs to download the user's manual.

Post imported post

To quote 'Curly Bill Brocius': "Well... Bye!"

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    That there is the most epic statement I've heard in a long time, anywhere!

Post imported post

The owners of this list are two ordinary, but very busy people who have spent a lot of time and effort at no cost to us, to provide a place where interested parties can get together and discuss issues of great importance.

There is no requirement to agree with everyone else, nor are there any ideological lines which must be toed as a condition of participation.

The rules for participation here are not unreasonable, and to be honest, the one concerning common respect for others (#5) should go without saying.

If your participation here increases the work load for the moderators (who are also the owners of this web site and forum), it's not too hard to figure out that your welcome will soon be worn out.

All of us would do well to keep this in mind from time to time.

Just my thoughts.

TFred

Post imported post

Face it, Styles got what he was asking for. I was a bit chagrined to find our brother RaZoR banned but not Styles (who repeatedly bullied RaZoR). Now maybe threads on say, interacting with nervous members of the public wont be derailed into discussions of the merits of progressive income taxation. Good.

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    He recently opened a decent discussion about natural law and was gone shortly thereafter.
    Let me correct that statement for you:

He recently derailed a thread about all types of firearm owners uniting under a common banner to prevent "a house divided" from ruining the firearm movement by trolling members here; trying to get people to "prove" Natural Rights without using religion as a basis for their argument.
    There it's fixed for you, and I think we all have a greater understanding on why he was banned.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    He occasionally offered a nugget of wisdom, just as HankT, Leo229, and various others who don't necessarily fit the norm here, have done. The problem is that his signal:noise ratio was unacceptable, and had been for some time. He wasn't engaged in discourse from a different perspective, he was engaged in attack, no matter the subject matter.

I engaged him from time to time, but I won't miss him. I welcome honest discourse, but I have no patience for anyone who wants to distort topics to fit his own argument.

Post imported post

KBCraig wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    He occasionally offered a nugget of wisdom, just as HankT, Leo229, and various others who don't necessarily fit the norm here, have done. The problem is that his signal:noise ratio was unacceptable, and had been for some time. He wasn't engaged in discourse from a different perspective, he was engaged in attack, no matter the subject matter.

I engaged him from time to time, but I won't miss him. I welcome honest discourse, but I have no patience for anyone who wants to distort topics to fit his own argument.
    +1

He wasn't even a useful idiot.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

I've been on the forum for a little while and made a few posts here and there. I have spent less and less time on the forum in the last several months in great part because nearly every thread that I found interesting that wandered beyond type of ammo, true tales of SD and gun choices within a few pages were grossly and consistently derailed by one of a few people. Having stepped away for a while and only having time to look at the forum every several days rather than daily made the pattern all the more obvious.

Certainly conversations sometimes develop off topic, however, we have (had?) reached the point where off-topic posting was becoming epidemic. It seems that certain now banned party(ies) were more often than not the de-railers. Time will tell whether other de-railer participants will move to the forefront and become instigators of off-topic disruptions.

TFred: Well said above.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I've been on the forum for a little while and made a few posts here and there. I have spent less and less time on the forum in the last several months in great part because nearly every thread that I found interesting that wandered beyond type of ammo, true tales of SD and gun choices within a few pages were grossly and consistently derailed by one of a few people. Having stepped away for a while and only having time to look at the forum every several days rather than daily made the pattern all the more obvious.

Certainly conversations sometimes develop off topic, however, we have (had?) reached the point where off-topic posting was becoming epidemic. It seems that certain now banned party(ies) were more often than not the de-railers. Time will tell whether other de-railer participants will move to the forefront and become instigators of off-topic disruptions.

TFred: Well said above.
    A possible "indicator" to use in identifying possible "disrupters" is seeing how often others here use simple insult, name-calling, or other ad hominem argument methods; while avoiding the topic altogether. Such behavior was his hallmark.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Banned

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    Let me correct that statement for you:

He recently derailed a thread about all types of firearm owners uniting under a common banner to prevent "a house divided" from ruining the firearm movement by trolling members here; trying to get people to "prove" Natural Rights without using religion as a basis for their argument.
    There it's fixed for you, and I think we all have a greater understanding on why he was banned.

No no, let me fix that for YOU. YOU didn't like the direction the thread was going, so you considered it derailed. YOU don't like to actually DISCUSS and DEBATE difficult issues, you consider any of that off topic. YOU just want to sit around jerking off like-minded morons and telling each other how right you are - anything that challenges that or stops the orgy of stupidity is considered "derailing."

What was being discussed was VERY MUCH ON-TOPIC. We were discussing the issues that divide the gun community and the thread was evolving in whatever direction those issues took us. That thread is a perfect example of your biases and idiocy being exposed.

Simple rule of the internet: if you don't like it, don't @#$%ing read it.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

What is the sound of one sockpuppet chatting?

Troll troll your boat gently down the stream.
    Merrily merrily merrily, life is just a scream.

Register with your name and see if the owner/mods aren't more tolerant.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    What is the sound of one sockpuppet chatting?

Troll troll your boat gently down the stream.
    Merrily merrily merrily, life is just a scream.
    There is 4 "merrily" in that there ditty.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Banned

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    Sure, the goof called for me to be banned at least a dozen times, but I don't measure my morality or my temper by another.

In an analysis of it all, a world with Stylez as Supreme Emporer is a far sight kinder, freer and more compassionate than a world run by many posters here would be.
    Feel free to finish it via PM. That's where the best discussions happen anyway because the peanut gallery isn't jumping around making fools of themselves.

Post imported post

He brought it on himself!!

Banned

Post imported post

Carnivore wrote:
    He brought it on himself!!

It's all good. You can't actually ban someone when there's an unlimited number of free proxy servers out there.

Post imported post

'Looks like the mods will have to put a stake thru it's heart and cut off it's head.

Post imported post

Oh yes you can!

The guy/gal/person obviously didn't care how anybody catagorized him/her, He /she didn't govern himself/herself in a mature enough manner to warrant any serious acceptance around adult conversation. it seemed as though about 90% of what was typed under the disguise of his username was aimed at belittling and bantering. There's a difference in playing devils advocate and staying on topic and just outright typing stream after stream of foulmouth taunts to piss folks off.

He brought it on himself!

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The asshat had some valid points, occasionally (rarely may fit better) But the personal attacks and the childishname calling was what annoyed me.

EDITED to add to the thread.

You know, I just goit back from reading a another thread, and it got completly derailed, and turned into a pile of schitt with Stylez's trademarkablecombative name-calling .

I say good riddance, But I do wish I could meet him?/her? face to face sometime just to see if he?/she? is as much of an ass when not hiding behind a keyboard.

Post imported post

Why would you be against stylez being banned? He just came back with a different name.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Why would you be against stylez being banned? He just came back with a different name.
    And already conducted himself into another ban.

As the attached graphic indicates, web forums such as this should alwayzz include a "mod approve account" feature. For one I moderate, I screen ALL prospective accounts. Too many spammer/scammer/hacker wannabes attempting to join to plaster ads on them. Just the past several months I have seen a rising number of such prospective users with IP addresses from Nigeria.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast