• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm Not Cool With Stylez Getting Banned

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Looks like the mods will have to put a stake thru it's heart and cut off it's head.

Carnivore

imported post

Oh yes you can!

The guy/gal/person obviously didn't care how anybody catagorized him/her, He /she didn't govern himself/herself in a mature enough manner to warrant any serious acceptance around adult conversation. it seemed as though about 90% of what was typed under the disguise of his username was aimed at belittling and bantering. There's a difference in playing devils advocate and staying on topic and just outright typing stream after stream of foulmouth taunts to piss folks off.

He brought it on himself!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

The asshat had some valid points, occasionally (rarely may fit better) But the personal attacks and the childishname calling was what annoyed me.

EDITED to add to the thread.

You know, I just goit back from reading a another thread, and it got completly derailed, and turned into a pile of schitt with Stylez's trademarkablecombative name-calling .

I say good riddance, But I do wish I could meet him?/her? face to face sometime just to see if he?/she? is as much of an ass when not hiding behind a keyboard.

wrightme

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Why would you be against stylez being banned? He just came back with a different name.

And already conducted himself into another ban.

As the attached graphic indicates, web forums such as this should alwayzz include a "mod approve account" feature. For one I moderate, I screen ALL prospective accounts. Too many spammer/scammer/hacker wannabes attempting to join to plaster ads on them. Just the past several months I have seen a rising number of such prospective users with IP addresses from Nigeria.

Decoligny

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
He's got brains, but he needs to download the user's manual.
He occasionally offered a nugget of wisdom, just as HankT, Leo229, and various others who don't necessarily fit the norm here, have done. The problem is that his signal:noise ratio was unacceptable, and had been for some time. He wasn't engaged in discourse from a different perspective, he was engaged in attack, no matter the subject matter.

I engaged him from time to time, but I won't miss him. I welcome honest discourse, but I have no patience for anyone who wants to distort topics to fit his own argument.
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.

Deanimator

imported post

With his "nyaa! nyaa! I can still post!" antics, he reminds me of Linda Thompson, the so-called "Adjustant General" (or was it "Judge Advocate General"?) of the "militia".

Back in the early '90s, I was co-moderator of the FidoNet FIREARMS and RTKBA echoes.Thompson was so disruptive that the moderator banned her. She kept coming back from different BBS connections. We kept requesting her access to the echo be restricted. A few sysops refused. Those that did, got cut off from FidoNet. Anybody above them in the hierarchy who wouldn't cut them off, were themselves cut off. If I recall correctly, a big chunk of the southwest lost FidoNet access because of her. She kept logging in from more and more obscure boards until she finally ran out of suckers willing to fall on their swords for her.

TFred

imported post

Openly defying the owners of a forum who are recently graduated and mid-level law students would seem to ironically illustrate the type of mind we see in action here.

Sure, on the technical side there are always ways to post. On the legal and criminal side... never bet against a lawyer who is personally motivated.

TFred

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
He's got brains, but he needs to download the user's manual.
He occasionally offered a nugget of wisdom, just as HankT, Leo229, and various others who don't necessarily fit the norm here, have done. The problem is that his signal:noise ratio was unacceptable, and had been for some time. He wasn't engaged in discourse from a different perspective, he was engaged in attack, no matter the subject matter.

I engaged him from time to time, but I won't miss him. I welcome honest discourse, but I have no patience for anyone who wants to distort topics to fit his own argument.
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.
Squirrels use their sense of smell to find acorns.

:p

Alexcabbie

imported post

So, what are we gonna do, talk about this guy the way the media talks about Micheal Jackson (who BTW isn't buried yet, but all those drugs probably pickled the corpse pretty well). If he tries to rise from the dead, his "styles" will give him away very quickly. The fact that he keeps trying shows very clearly that his sole motivation was to harrass, annoy and infuriate anyone who disagreed with him one little bit. I am not at all sure he might be opening himself up to criminal prosecution, esp. since in his latest attempt he announced his intent to keep it up. I say let the dien gai dao fool paint himself into a whole big ugly mess of trouble. I am sure the mods are on it but PM them if you sspot those old "styles" popping back up.

Deanimator

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
If he tries to rise from the dead, his "styles" will give him away very quickly.
There used to be a guy in usenet who created a half dozen (or more) sockpuppets to simulate support for his anti-gun, racist and far left-wing rants. I got to the point where I could just read a post and say, "Yep, that's Dave alright". It's kind of pathetic to have ten "different" people all saying the same things, in the same way, making the same grammatical and spelling errors and yet claiming to NOT be the same individual. I got to the point where I'd just post the guy's real name, the town he lived in and a list of his known aliases.

I think he's now on the Huffington Post where he doesn't have to hear opposing opinions.

Alexcabbie

imported post

It's Vietnamese for (literallly) "one crazy head", and I didn't learn it in Vietnam, I learned it in a Vietnamese restaurant in Arlinton Va. Dont wanna give anyone the inpression I was in Nam when all I did was enforce the UCMJ in the Canal Zone. ;)

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

While inappropriate to use a human being as a punching bag, metaphorical or otherwise, he did volunteer for the job quite frequently. When feeling frustrated, it was nice to have a willing douche bag there to wail on.

Then, I think that acting as he did is 'volunteering for an ass kicking.' He didn't have the brains to fight his way out of a wet paper bag, so it wasn't really a satisfying challenge... Punching Bag was his only use, and being weak-minded and incapable of a real duel of wits, he outlived his only use quite quickly.

Good riddance. I'm sorry he presents and ongoing hassle for the moderators. At the risk of being banned myself, I promise to make a howling stink any time I encounter one of his sock puppets. Guaranteed to make spotting him easier... ;-) The very fact that he does so, proves what a sad little turd he really is.

thx997303

imported post

Darn guy was always trying to sell me muffler bearings. I kept telling him my muffler bearings were fine, I just needed some blinker fluid.

So he said he sent me the blinker fluid, but all that was in the box was prop wash.

I traded it for a bucket of nails with the heads on the wrong side.

I think this thread is useless.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Darn guy was always trying to sell me muffler bearings. I kept telling him my muffler bearings were fine, I just needed some blinker fluid.

So he said he sent me the blinker fluid, but all that was in the box was prop wash.

:D Hadn't heard those for awhile. Thanks, I needed that to cheer me up this evening.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thx997303 wrote:

I think this thread is useless.
this thread is useless without pictures.....of a body.

thx997303

imported post

Citizen wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

:D Hadn't heard those for awhile. Thanks, I needed that to cheer me up this evening.
Happy to oblige.

By the way, I found a great source for hard to find automotive parts.

http://kalecoauto.com

Of course, here is a body for ya ixtow.