• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped by a nieghbor lady.

Haman J.T.

imported post

I walked to the store today and on my way back home a lady in her 20's hailed me for a talk.She first told me it wasn't necessarily about my openly carried gun but she had mentioned there was a matter of her kids and others asking about the man walking through the nieghborhood wearing a gun.She mentioned the police going through the hood looking for me the other day and I told her they found me about a mile away,pointed a gun at me, threatened my life and assaulted me.She was shocked and simpathetic at how I was treated,as I told her that I carry my gun in a holster for protection,according to the Michigan Constitution Article 1 Sec. 6 that states, " Every person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state ", and that my gun is too big to hide very well under my shirt as I am licensed to do so with a CPL.I told her that it is my duty to protect myself first, and that I would also protect any of the children and any adults who might be criminalythreatened to the best of my ability.That I have 38 years of firearm training for such a purpose,that I know the firearm laws much better than the majority of the officers,who showed their lack of knowledge of those laws and my rights the other day.I told her that there's no reason for anyone to have any fear of me,that I'm just a neighbor who believe's in protecting himself and his neighbors.She smiled and thanked me for all the information and said she appreciated me clearing things up and that she felt relieved that I wasn't a nut or a criminal.I told her I was glad I could help in any way and to have a nice day! It's all about education of those who are willing to hear the truth! It's those who do not accept the truth that are the problem and I believe it's the majority of people who want the truth,at least I always do! Truth is Life!

Haman J.T.

imported post

Fishous wrote:
Good story! I guess we'll forgive your lack of paragraphs this time. :)
You mean next time you won't? I'll have to think about that one! GEE WIZZ!

Jblack44

imported post

So what your saying is, if she would have talked to you when you were first observed walking through the neighborhood with a gun. She would of found out that your a law obiding citizen exercising your rights. Not some crazed lunatic. The sheep call wouldn't of been made and you wouldn't of ended up on the ground with guns pointed at your head......:banghead:

Haman J.T.

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
So what your saying is, if she would have talked to you when you were first observed walking through the neighborhood with a gun. She would of found out that your a law obiding citizen exercising your rights. Not some crazed lunatic. The sheep call wouldn't of been made and you wouldn't of ended up on the ground with guns pointed at your head......:banghead:
Ofcourse! Absolutely! If people are educated about the legality of open carry,there would be no reason to call at all. But the mentality of anti-gunners might be to call anyway for the purpose of harrassment. And I believe the PD here have the anti-gun view of their boss which leads to harrassment and intimidation.It certainly seems to be the policy according to the many moronicstatements made by the LEO's. We certainly need to educate by whatever means possible to end those dangerous actions and get the gestapo tactics policy changed ASAP!

Michigander

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
We certainly need to educate by whatever means possible to end those dangerous actions and get the gestapo tactics policy changed ASAP!
I'm still under the weather and for the next couple days probably not available, but I wasn't kidding when I said we should go all out with activities in Warren.

I'd like to see twice weekly 2 or 3 mile walks on mile roads or otherwise crowded streets in Warren. Restaurant meets are okay, but they lack exposure. If you Warren folks are interested, let's do it.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Michigander wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:
We certainly need to educate by whatever means possible to end those dangerous actions and get the gestapo tactics policy changed ASAP!
I'm still under the weather and for the next couple days probably not available, but I wasn't kidding when I said we should go all out with activities in Warren.

I'd like to see twice weekly 2 or 3 mile walks on mile roads or otherwise crowded streets in Warren. Restaurant meets are okay, but they lack exposure. If you Warren folks are interested, let's do it.

I was with you until the "2-3 mile walk" part. Boy, a few hundred of those and I would waste away to nothing!

Well... I guess I could donate a few pounds to the cause.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Sorry for the hijack, but I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the guy carrying an AK-47 in Royal Oak Sunday. :cool: The Oakland Press:

Police search for man carrying AK-47

ROYAL OAK TWP. – Oakland County Sheriff’s deputies assisted Detroit police about 11:11 a.m. Sunday for the search of a man armed with an AK-47 near the area of Eight Mile Road and Coolidge Highway.

The Michigan State Police and Oak Park police were also assisting at the scene.

A police dog helped officers search yards on Lesure Street and the sheriff’s aviation unit was dispatched to search Eight Mile Road and Tracy Street.

The search continued until about 12:57 p.m. There was no report of any arrests and deputies left the scene about 1:24 p.m.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Sorry for the hijack, but I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the guy carrying an AK-47 in Royal Oak Sunday.  :cool:  The Oakland Press:

ROYAL OAK TWP. – Oakland County Sheriff’s deputies assisted Detroit police about 11:11 a.m. Sunday for the search of a man armed with an AK-47 near the area of Eight Mile Road and Coolidge Highway.

A police dog helped officers search yards on Lesure Street and the sheriff’s aviation unit was dispatched to search Eight Mile Road and Tracy Street.

The search continued until about 12:57 p.m. There was no report of any arrests and deputies left the scene about 1:24 p.m.

So, the only information they have is that someone was walking around with an AK-47.

Bust out the police dogs? :banghead:

Come on. So someone calls 911, give them information that someone was (presumably legally - as there's no information to the contrary) carrying a firearm... They're going to bust out the police dogs to track him down?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Sorry for the hijack, but I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the guy carrying an AK-47 in Royal Oak Sunday. :cool: The Oakland Press:

So, the only information they have is that someone was walking around with an AK-47.

Come on. So someone calls 911, give them information that someone was (presumably legally - as there's no information to the contrary) carrying a firearm... They're going to bust out the police dogs to track him down?
My thoughts as well Ziggy. I'm not familiar with Royal Oak, but possibly, this individual was just walking to an indoor shooting range. I know it's a stretch, but it's possible.

PDinDetroit

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

My thoughts as well Ziggy. I'm not familiar with Royal Oak, but possibly, this individual was just walking to an indoor shooting range. I know it's a stretch, but it's possible.
Royal Oak Township and City Of Royal Oak are different animals and are not connected legally or physically. RO Twp has no police force and is served by the Oakland County Sheriff Dept. That area just north of 8 Mile is NOTORIOUS for drugs, so one can imagine why there may be a concern. IIRC, there are no indoor shooting ranges nearby, other than the local crackhouse.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Sorry for the hijack, but I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the guy carrying an AK-47 in Royal Oak Sunday.  :cool:  The Oakland Press:

My thoughts as well Ziggy.  I'm not familiar with Royal Oak, but possibly, this individual was just walking to an indoor shooting range.  I know it's a stretch, but it's possible.
Royal Oak Township and City Of Royal Oak are different animals and are not connected legally or physically.  RO Twp has no police force and is served by the Oakland County Sheriff Dept.  That area just north of 8 Mile is NOTORIOUS for drugs, so one can imagine why there may be a concern.  IIRC, there are no indoor shooting ranges nearby, other than the local crackhouse.

Sorry, but as long as you're in the USA Location doesn't define legality.

As much as someone might try to convince you otherwise, there's no such thing as a "constitution free zone."

T Vance

imported post

I don't want to spoil this for him, but someone on here is thinking (and it sounds like he IS going to do it) about OCing his AK-47 to a Tea Party in the next week.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I don't want to spoil this for him, but someone on here is thinking (and it sounds like he IS going to do it) about OCing his AK-47 to a Tea Party in the next week.
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if the person can lawfully own/possess the firearm, it's not illegal to do so in Michigan. However, I'm the one bridge at a time kinda guy who would like to think that OC of a pistol is common place for the entire State of Michigan. The carry of long guns, though legal, is another bridge to cross. I have noproblem at allfor those who choose to do so (their right), where legal of course.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
how would the caller know if it was an ak47 or an sks?
I highly doubt the caller knew exactly what it was. Anymore, to the sheep, a rifle carried anywhere other than in the woods for hunting, is an AK-47. Think media and EBR's.

PDinDetroit

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
PDinDetroit wrote:
Royal Oak Township and City Of Royal Oak are different animals and are not connected legally or physically. RO Twp has no police force and is served by the Oakland County Sheriff Dept. That area just north of 8 Mile is NOTORIOUS for drugs, so one can imagine why there may be a concern. IIRC, there are no indoor shooting ranges nearby, other than the local crackhouse.

Sorry, but as long as you're in the USA Location doesn't define legality.

As much as someone might try to convince you otherwise, there's no such thing as a "constitution free zone."
Zig - I think you are reading more into my post than what was intended.

Ruckus

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
I walked to the store today and on my way back home a lady in her 20's hailed me for a talk.She first told me it wasn't necessarily about my openly carried gun but she had mentioned there was a matter of her kids and others asking about the man walking through the nieghborhood wearing a gun.
hamaneggs, were you oc'ing when she stopped to talk to you or had she recognized you from the other day?

Good job educating the public, buddy. :)

Haman J.T.

imported post

Ethan_Frome wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:
I walked to the store today and on my way back home a lady in her 20's hailed me for a talk.She first told me it wasn't necessarily about my openly carried gun but she had mentioned there was a matter of her kids and others asking about the man walking through the nieghborhood wearing a gun.
hamaneggs, were you oc'ing when she stopped to talk to you or had she recognized you from the other day?

Good job educating the public, buddy. :)

My gun was hanging out there for all to see. I OC all the time because my present gun isnearly impossible to CC without printing due to it's size,and in the summer I wear tank tops to prevent overheating.If it's cool enough to wear a lite jacket I CC.Besides I prefer to advertise our rights. I've had at least 8 people ask about me carrying in the last 2 months so I give them our flyer and some quick info. Thank You and God Bless!