• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whens The Next OC Picnic at Ted Fritsch Park ?

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Bay Beach or stay home.......:cool:

The next time we have a picnic it should not be a circus. Nothing which would hint at a "special event". No media should be a given. Wecould havean E-mail tree so that the details can be communicated with OPSEC. This should be for all practical purposes an "ordinary" picnic where some attendees just happen to be exercising their right to Open Carry. At this point, there is no reason to broadcast picnic intentions to the world.

As was suggested earlier, the next "event" should be a neighborhood block party. I don't think that anyone has done an OC block party yet??????

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Bay Beach or stay home.......:cool:

The next time we have a picnic it should not be a circus. Nothing which would hint at a "special event". No media should be a given. Wecould havean E-mail tree so that the details can be communicated with OPSEC. This should be for all practical purposes an "ordinary" picnic where some attendees just happen to be exercising their right to Open Carry. At this point, there is no reason to broadcast picnic intentions to the world.

As was suggested earlier, the next "event" should be a neighborhood block party. I don't think that anyone has done an OC block party yet??????

DAMMM I LIKE THAT !!! An OC block Party. I am in...I can supply theTunes. Just needs to be done somewhere, outside of a school zone.:?

GREAT IDEA !!!! would everyone on the block need to agree to it ? I can see issues, but I am still in.:)

Bay Beach is cooool too..:cool:

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
GREAT IDEA !!!! would everyone on the block need to agree to it ? I can see issues, but I am still in.:)
There is definitely a permit necessary for a Block Party. I have not been part of one yet, so I am not up to speed on all of the necessary pieces which need to be in place. I can throw a loaded mag and practically hit the nearest school from me, so I couldn't have one here.