Thread: I just cant understand the thinking

Post imported post

[font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial][size=2]
    Rachel Maddow, gun lover? Well, sort of. And with some strings attached.

The MSNBC host of the “The Rachel Maddow Show” appeared on Jimmy Fallon’s Aug. 31 NBC show and told the host about her first date – at a shooting range.

“My first date with my girlfriend Susan was at a shooting range,” Maddow said. “That was awesome. It was ladies’ day on the range. Her sister is a lifetime NRA member and she was organizing ladies’ day on the range at her gun club. So we did it. We shot AR-15s and we threw tomahawks and we did archery, pistols and skeets.”

However, Maddow’s gun enthusiasm goes beyond romantic rituals with her girlfriend. She also bragged of making “liberals shoot guns.”

“When I had my radio show – that was my full time job, before I was on TV, I used to bring all of my producers to the shooting range in Manhattan,” Maddow said. “There’s one down on 20th Street and that’s what we’d do to unsettle them when they started working for me.”

But NRA members shouldn’t get too excited. Maddow isn’t a closet Second Amendment enthusiast. No, in fact she views guns as amusement devices that should be regulated to the point that you’re only allowed to shoot them at shooting ranges, galleries or gun clubs.

“I like making liberals shoot guns – I just don’t think we should be allowed to bring them home,” Maddow said. “It’s like I mean you go to the carnival you know, like the roller coasters – it’s fun. But that doesn’t mean you get one to come home with. Doesn’t mean you get to do your own home roller coaster – just leave it there, it’s a game.

Banned

Post imported post

she said nothing about them being toys. she likes it cause it's fun. is there some subliminal message in there where she says they are toys? or are you putting words in her mouth?

Post imported post

She implies that shooting is a game. Most people see toys as instruments in a game.

At least she shows that there is a legitimate purpose to own guns besides hunting and self defense.

Post imported post

Yeah if i say something is a game, then i am implying toys.

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
    she said nothing about them being toys. she likes it cause it's fun. is there some subliminal message in there where she says they are toys? or are you putting words in her mouth?
    I dont need to put words in her mouth, she is implying that shooting is a game, hence toys.Dont try to defend her becasue shes a woman, anyone with common sense knows guns even at a shooting range, is not a game.

When we make stupid comments like “It’s like I mean you go to the carnival you know, like the roller coasters – it’s fun. But that doesn’t mean you get one to come home with. Doesn’t mean you get to do your own home roller coaster – just leave it there, it’s a game" then we deserve what we get.

Read the article again withoutyour biased.

Post imported post

I'm pretty sure it's not illegal to own a roller coaster.

Post imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
    Maybe not, but I bet there are lots of regulations about carnie rides in most states.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Banned

Post imported post

baseballs a game , footballs a game. are they toys? no! so dont misrepresent what one is saying

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
    baseballs a game , footballs a game. are they toys? no! so dont misrepresent what one is saying
    :what:I don’t even know how to respond to such an ignorant statement.

Post imported post

Debating Rachel Maddow? She's a raving loon.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Banned

Post imported post

ChuckUFarley wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    :what:I don’t even know how to respond to such an ignorant statement.
    i took it just like yours

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
    I went to the State Fair in Monroe yesterday(CC) and they had some rides there from MJ's Neverland. I guess some people thought is was cool but I thought it a little creepy.

Lynnwood and Capitol Hill, Washington, USA

Post imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote
    I went to the State Fair in Monroe yesterday(CC) and they had some rides there from MJ's Neverland. I guess some people thought is was cool but I thought it a little creepy.
    Thanks Trevor, I forgot about the Fair and wanted to go! That is kinda creepy..can't folks just leave him alone?! But ya gotta give it to the carnies, anything for a buck!

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

Speaking of Carnies, I was doing a crossword the other day and the clue was "Carnival Ride Activator". It was five letters and I had this so far: L---R. Of course, my first thought was LOSER!
    Turned out to be LEVER.

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:

Auto racing, the one true sport..................because baseball, football, basketball, soccer, and golf only require ONE ball.

I consider ALL balls to be toys.

Cheers,
    Bill
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president