Thread: Open Carry in Sheridan

Post imported post

Went to town this am.(Sheridan)Returned a video at Star, filled up at Red Eagle,then to Tire-Rama to get some new Rubber for my horse trailer. Had my 357 on my hip the whole time without incident....

Post imported post

Likewise... business as usual over the past couple days...

Safeway, Holiday, Home Depot (x2), Star Liquors, Gasamat, Shipton's, UPS Store (- liberty minded owners BTW)

Sheridan is pretty much accepting for the most part.

We do need to test the local LEO...

Post imported post

The Count wrote:
    WTF...............like its some kind of high school "test" the local LEOs need to pass...

grow up and stop making all gun owners look like stupid redneck hicks..........

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
    The Count wrote:
    WTF...............like its some kind of high school "test" the local LEOs need to pass...

grow up and stop making all gun owners look like stupid redneck hicks..........
    Oh, I don't know, Mjol.

What with the broad powers police have to detain someone on RAS to supposedly investigate crime, I don't think its too much for a citizen to test a police officer. Fair is fair. If they can investigate citizens, then citizens can investigate them.

And this level of investigation by citizens is far below what police can do to citizens, so there is not even parity at this level.

If the cop is genuinely professional, he'll pass with flying colors. If he is not, then, well....

I'm thinking that to discourage testing police with a legal activity is to support unprofessional police.

Understand that I am not encouraging testing. I am saying that it cannot really be fairly criticized.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

How about testing firemen, set your home on fire and see if they arrive in a timley manner and put the fire out without damaging your home....

Or you could fake a heart attack to test the local ambulance and the emergency room....

Just keep on testing the police and keep on making gun owners look like fools who should not have guns & giving the anti gunners even more ammo..

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
    How about testing firemen, set your home on fire and see if they arrive in a timley manner and put the fire out without damaging your home....

Or you could fake a heart attack to test the local ambulance and the emergency room....

Just keep on testing the police and keep on making gun owners look like fools who should not have guns & giving the anti gunners even more ammo..
    I don't see where the OP said anything about testing police by committing a crime, pretending to commit a crime, or calling 911 with a false report of a crime.

I see nothing to indicate he will do anything other than just OC legally in front of a cop.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.