• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Sheridan

sambnra

imported post

Went to town this am.(Sheridan)Returned a video at Star, filled up at Red Eagle,then to Tire-Rama to get some new Rubber for my horse trailer. Had my 357 on my hip the whole time without incident....

apwhite

imported post

Likewise... business as usual over the past couple days...

Safeway, Holiday, Home Depot (x2), Star Liquors, Gasamat, Shipton's, UPS Store (- liberty minded owners BTW)

Sheridan is pretty much accepting for the most part.

We do need to test the local LEO...

Mjolnir

imported post

The Count wrote:

WTF...............like its some kind of high school "test" the local LEOs need to pass...

grow up and stop making all gun owners look like stupid redneck hicks..........

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
The Count wrote:

WTF...............like its some kind of high school "test" the local LEOs need to pass...

grow up and stop making all gun owners look like stupid redneck hicks..........
Oh, I don't know, Mjol.

What with the broad powers police have to detain someone on RAS to supposedly investigate crime, I don't think its too much for a citizen to test a police officer. Fair is fair. If they can investigate citizens, then citizens can investigate them.

And this level of investigation by citizens is far below what police can do to citizens, so there is not even parity at this level.

If the cop is genuinely professional, he'll pass with flying colors. If he is not, then, well....

I'm thinking that to discourage testing police with a legal activity is to support unprofessional police.

Understand that I am not encouraging testing. I am saying that it cannot really be fairly criticized.

Mjolnir

imported post

How about testing firemen, set your home on fire and see if they arrive in a timley manner and put the fire out without damaging your home....

Or you could fake a heart attack to test the local ambulance and the emergency room....

Just keep on testing the police and keep on making gun owners look like fools who should not have guns & giving the anti gunners even more ammo..

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
How about testing firemen, set your home on fire and see if they arrive in a timley manner and put the fire out without damaging your home....

Or you could fake a heart attack to test the local ambulance and the emergency room....

Just keep on testing the police and keep on making gun owners look like fools who should not have guns & giving the anti gunners even more ammo..
I don't see where the OP said anything about testing police by committing a crime, pretending to commit a crime, or calling 911 with a false report of a crime.

I see nothing to indicate he will do anything other than just OC legally in front of a cop.