Thread: Kimber Custom TLE II

Post imported post

I already have a Glock 19 that is perfect for carry, but recently I've been memorized by the Kimber 1911's. Specifically, I'm planning to get the Kimber Custom TLE II (in black, chambered in .45ACP) when I can find one locally. It has all the specs I'm looking for and is the exact replica of LAPD SWAT sidearm.

Since I don't have any experience with 1911's or Kimber, do you think it's a good firearm for carry? I may just use it for fun at the range, but would like the option of carrying.

Post imported post

I have a Kimber and love it. A friend of mine has the TLE and I have shot it. It is a very good shooter. You won't go wrong with it. Remember you will need to run at least 500 rounds through it before you can rely on it to be flawless for carry. Hope you find one in your area soon.

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

I own a Tactical Custom II, my Father has a Eclipse Target II, and I'm picking up a TLE Custom II for my uncle sometime next week.

You might say we like Kimbers
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002