• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kimber Custom TLE II

Magix

imported post

I already have a Glock 19 that is perfect for carry, but recently I've been memorized by the Kimber 1911's. Specifically, I'm planning to get the Kimber Custom TLE II (in black, chambered in .45ACP) when I can find one locally. It has all the specs I'm looking for and is the exact replica of LAPD SWAT sidearm.

Since I don't have any experience with 1911's or Kimber, do you think it's a good firearm for carry? I may just use it for fun at the range, but would like the option of carrying.

TexasShooter

imported post

I have a Kimber and love it. A friend of mine has the TLE and I have shot it. It is a very good shooter. You won't go wrong with it. Remember you will need to run at least 500 rounds through it before you can rely on it to be flawless for carry. Hope you find one in your area soon.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I own a Tactical Custom II, my Father has a Eclipse Target II, and I'm picking up a TLE Custom II for my uncle sometime next week.

You might say we like Kimbers :)