• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Costco

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...For me, it's a helluva lot easier to say, "OK", conceal my weapon, and shop at Costco. ...

While you're at it, it's even easier (and more polite) to just leave your guns at home. You wouldn't want to get all self-righteous with being able to defend yourself. Thanks for knowingly supporting those who have no respect for us. But we understand it's the easy thing to do.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Sounds to me like I should go in, tell them I'm dissatisfied with their policy and ask for my annual membership fee to be returned in full!

If only every gun owner would do that...

Even if just those who carried guns would do this...

But Costco purposely doesn't advertise this policy, only losing a few people who find out about it and have the moral character to stand up for what they believe.

Ironbar

While you're at it, it's even easier (and more polite) to just leave your guns at home. You wouldn't want to get all self-righteous with being able to defend yourself. Thanks for knowingly supporting those who have no respect for us. But we understand it's the easy thing to do.

OMG. You hypocrite! You ask people to respect out rights to carry, and then get bent out of shape when a PRIVATE entity like Costco asks you not to openly carry in their store? So they must respect us, but you do not afford them the same respect to say no? YOU sir are one of the people that gives everyone else a bad name.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Huh? Where did I say they don't have the right to ask you to be disarmed in their store?

You should watch your tone when you are wrong.

Who's the hypocrite, though? The guy who says: "If that's your policy, I won't shop here," or the guy who says: "Since that's your policy I will lie to you that I am unarmed but will carry secretly and still give you my money." Are you sure you understand the word?

It's one thing to feel forced to cover up and shop anyway. It's quite another to brag on the Internet how you don't care because it's just easier to do it anyway.

Last edited:

Ironbar

Okay, let's break it down one item at a time shall we?

Huh? Where did I say they don't have the right to ask you to be disarmed in their store?

You didn't, and neither did I. This is called a Red Herring. Your exact words were, and I quote from above, "Thanks for knowingly supporting those who have no respect for us." I took this to mean that you were upset with Costco for not "respecting" your "right" to carry in their store even though it's a private store and they can set whatever rules they want.

You should watch your tone when you are wrong.

Am I wrong in saying that you're upset? Because if I am you sure have a funny way of showing it.

Who's the hypocrite, though? The guy who says: "If that's your policy, I won't shop here," or the guy who says: "Since that's your policy I will lie to you that I am unarmed but will carry secretly and still give you my money." Are you sure you understand the word?

Who's being hypocritical? Show me a single Costco with a sign on the door, and I'll show you a fellow who leaves his carry weapon behind. I know their policy. I also know that unless it's explicitly STATED at the entrance that no weapons are allowed then I will in good conscious continue to carry my concealed weapon when I shop there.

It's one thing to feel forced to cover up and shop anyway. It's quite another to brag on the Internet how you don't care because it's just easier to do it anyway.

As opposed to high & mighty bragging about standing by your precious principles while at the same time whining about businesses you won't patronize anymore? Puh-leeze.

Elycion

So I woke up in a bad mood this morning and thought to myself "Self, you should go find some thread on an internet message board and go insult the people in it telling them that they are foolish and delusional."

Then I thought, "You know what would be even better? If I went to an internet forum devoted to Second Amendment activism and mocked the people there for actually standing up for their beliefs and being active!"

So I come here and pick out a nice thread to do it all in, only to find out that I've been beaten to the punch by someone else doing the exact same thing.

Darn it, now I have to go find some other way to make myself feel better at the expense of others. This day just gets worse and worse.

:cool:

ManInBlack

I wonder how long it will be before another person posts another inane Costco thread, complaining about how a business entity that is well-known for banning the carrying of guns in its stores banned the carrying of guns in its stores...

:banghead: