• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Women Open Carrying........TOPLESS?!?!

richarcm

imported post

mvpel wrote:
I haven't met Cassidy yet, I don't think, but my wife is an ex-Democrat so conversion is possible.
I agree. The fact that she is for women's rights and is open carrying 1/2 nude makes me think she isn't really quite on all of the same levels as most people fighting for liberty and freedom. I just get the vibe that she would jump the liberty ship tomorrow if something new became the struggle of the day.

mvpel

imported post

I have a sense that supporters of individual liberty are different from most other people in the political game in that there's an underlying bedrock of principle against which one's positions can be compared, as opposed to the muddy gray morass of holding positions or supporting programs based on what "feels" good, like "Cash for Clunkers" or the Department of Education.

I think once you're bitten by the liberty bug, and the fog of "feeeeelings" burns away from your mind under the blazing light of reason, there's no going back into the swamp.

richarcm

imported post

mvpel wrote:
I have a sense that supporters of individual liberty are different from most other people in the political game in that there's an underlying bedrock of principle against which one's positions can be compared, as opposed to the muddy gray morass of holding positions or supporting programs based on what "feels" good, like "Cash for Clunkers" or the Department of Education.

I think once you're bitten by the liberty bug, and the fog of "feeeeelings" burns away from your mind under the blazing light of reason, there's no going back into the swamp.
I would probably agree with you. My question is...is Cassidy REALLY fighting for liberty or just fighting for the flavor of the week?

mvpel

imported post

She's a Free Stater, so she made the kind of commitment that nearly all of us Free Staters have made to liberty activism - uprooting our lives (in Cassidy's case in Oklahoma, as I recall) and moving hundreds or thousands of miles to a different state in order to work for smaller government, individual rights, and personal responsibility.

Time will tell, of course, if she's in it for the long haul like so many of us are, but that first step can be a doozy.

You know she's only 18, right? She shook off the public school and mass-media indoctrination pretty quickly - it took my wife until she was about 32.

darthmord

imported post

My wife is onboard with that idea. Her first comment after watching the video was "The law as written is sexist. Everyone is supposed to be equal under the law. If men can go around topless, then so can women."

KBCraig

imported post

richarcm wrote:
The one thing I don't like about Cassidy is it says that she was part of the Obama camp and is now part of the Liberty camp. Either she can't figure out what is important to her or she just likes the fight against the status quo.
She's 18. She was "part of the Obama camp" because almost half her lifetime (certainly more than half of her conscious memory) was under a presidential administration that waged war without Constitutional authority, corruptly enriched contractors without a bidding process, expanded the War On Civil Rights via warrantless wiretaps, engaged in torture, etc.

She knows Obama is no savior, which is why she's part of the Liberty movement.

wewd

imported post

I have great respect for anyone who engages in civil disobedience against unjust and authoritarian laws. Hopefully in the near future the stars will align for me and I will be able to breathe the free air in New Hampshire. The liberty revolution is happening and it's only getting bigger. We are living in exciting times.