Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: OC in Wausau?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    32

    Post imported post

    I was just wondering if anyone has open carried in Wausau, and what their stories were? If they had any problem with LEO?

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran logan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    433

    Post imported post

    tpos wrote:
    I was just wondering if anyone has open carried in Wausau, and what their stories were? If they had any problem with LEO?
    No idea but welcome to the website!
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

    Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    WI, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    Hell, I think there's no OC in Wausau, WI, yet. I would like to see some OC'ers in Wausau.

  4. #4
    State Researcher lockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Elgin, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,202

    Post imported post

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/27210-2.html
    Back home now, had a very good week. On the way back the family stopped at the Culvers on 51 exit 193 in Wausau. Some of the Culver's customers were not as oblivious to my carry as in Minoqua. Nothing was said, no police, enjoyed a good meal and left. My wife said while I was refilling my drink a couple in their early 60's pointed an were aghast! I told her even more upsetting to them would have been them noticing the Illinois plates on the minivan when we left. Those damn foreigners.
    August 4th approximately 7:00 PM

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    103

    Post imported post

    I have carried here (Wausau) but not in any stores. Mainly on private land. I have walked down a few roads. Never ran into any LEO. Don't want to really.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    WI, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    Elysium wrote:
    I have carried here (Wausau) but not in any stores. Mainly on private land. I have walked down a few roads. Never ran into any LEO. Don't want to really.
    Good job, maybe one daywe'll have moreOCers here in Wausau.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern Illinois, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    364

    Post imported post

    lockman wrote:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/27210-2.html
    Back home now, had a very good week. On the way back the family stopped at the Culvers on 51 exit 193 in Wausau. Some of the Culver's customers were not as oblivious to my carry as in Minoqua. Nothing was said, no police, enjoyed a good meal and left. My wife said while I was refilling my drink a couple in their early 60's pointed an were aghast! I told her even more upsetting to them would have been them noticing the Illinois plates on the minivan when we left. Those damn foreigners.
    August 4th approximately 7:00 PM
    Since OC in a vehicle is not legal what is your procedure. I can imagine that couple each needing a change of underwearif they were outside when you left and you unholstered your sidearm to put it in a case.

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709

    Post imported post

    junglebob wrote:
    Since OC in a vehicle is not legal what is your procedure. I can imagine that couple each needing a change of underwearif they were outside when you left and you unholstered your sidearm to put it in a case.
    Probably not. Many in this part of the state ARE deer hunters. They fully understand the encased before transport laws. They (general public) are aghast at open carry in stores and restaurants because they are of the, "if you ain't huntin' you don't need a gun," mentality.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •