Thread: OC in Wausau?

Post imported post

I was just wondering if anyone has open carried in Wausau, and what their stories were? If they had any problem with LEO?

Post imported post

tpos wrote:
    I was just wondering if anyone has open carried in Wausau, and what their stories were? If they had any problem with LEO?
    No idea but welcome to the website!
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

Hell, I think there's no OC in Wausau, WI, yet. I would like to see some OC'ers in Wausau.

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/27210-2.html
    Back home now, had a very good week. On the way back the family stopped at the Culvers on 51 exit 193 in Wausau. Some of the Culver's customers were not as oblivious to my carry as in Minoqua. Nothing was said, no police, enjoyed a good meal and left. My wife said while I was refilling my drink a couple in their early 60's pointed an were aghast! I told her even more upsetting to them would have been them noticing the Illinois plates on the minivan when we left. Those damn foreigners.
    August 4th approximately 7:00 PM

Post imported post

I have carried here (Wausau) but not in any stores. Mainly on private land. I have walked down a few roads. Never ran into any LEO. Don't want to really.

Post imported post

Elysium wrote:
    I have carried here (Wausau) but not in any stores. Mainly on private land. I have walked down a few roads. Never ran into any LEO. Don't want to really.
    Good job, maybe one daywe'll have moreOCers here in Wausau.

Post imported post

lockman wrote:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/27210-2.html
    Back home now, had a very good week. On the way back the family stopped at the Culvers on 51 exit 193 in Wausau. Some of the Culver's customers were not as oblivious to my carry as in Minoqua. Nothing was said, no police, enjoyed a good meal and left. My wife said while I was refilling my drink a couple in their early 60's pointed an were aghast! I told her even more upsetting to them would have been them noticing the Illinois plates on the minivan when we left. Those damn foreigners.
    August 4th approximately 7:00 PM
    Since OC in a vehicle is not legal what is your procedure. I can imagine that couple each needing a change of underwearif they were outside when you left and you unholstered your sidearm to put it in a case.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

junglebob wrote:
    Since OC in a vehicle is not legal what is your procedure. I can imagine that couple each needing a change of underwearif they were outside when you left and you unholstered your sidearm to put it in a case.
    Probably not. Many in this part of the state ARE deer hunters. They fully understand the encased before transport laws. They (general public) are aghast at open carry in stores and restaurants because they are of the, "if you ain't huntin' you don't need a gun," mentality.