• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry meetings

patriotthad

imported post

I will be speaking at severalcities aroundsouthern MOon the issue of open carry. This will be hosted by the Constitution Party. I think it might be interesting to hear a LEO discuss this. Will keep you posted on locations and dates.

Article1section23

imported post

patriotthad wrote:
I will be speaking at severalcities aroundsouthern MOon the issue of open carry. This will be hosted by the Constitution Party. I think it might be interesting to hear a LEO discuss this. Will keep you posted on locations and dates.
Nice...I would like to attend one. Where doyou hold your commission?

patriotthad

imported post

Lord willing, I will be speaking at "Patriots for the Constitution" gun rights rally in Salem MO Sept 21st 6pm. I will get ya'll some contact info.

patriotthad

imported post

Ok, the locationfor the "Patriots For The Constitution" Gun Rights rally.

Where: Indian Trails Archery Building, Salem Mo

located just north of hwy 19 and 68 junction. Will be approximately 1 mile north of Courthouse

When: 6pm

Article1section23

imported post

To bad this is on a Monday night...let us know how many show up.....would be nice if you could record it, even if its just voice.

Good luck with it.

Broondog

imported post

patriotthad wrote:
Ok, the locationfor the "Patriots For The Constitution" Gun Rights rally.

Where: Indian Trails Archery Building, Salem Mo

located just north of hwy 19 and 68 junction. Will be approximately 1 mile north of Courthouse

When: 6pm
hmmm, that's only about 80-90 miles as the crow flies from me. it's a real possibility that i may be able to make it since i'm off that day. is this an OC event or just a rally?

i also plan on attending this as well.
http://www.saf.org/default.asp?p=GRPC

patriotthad

imported post

I believe this to be more of a rally but,I wouldlike to seealot of OC.Here is some contact info.

Janet Abney

Phone # 573-729-9220

Broondog

imported post

patriotthad wrote:
I believe this to be more of a rally but,I wouldlike to seealot of OC.Here is some contact info.

Janet Abney

Phone # 573-729-9220
i just got off the phone with Janet (real nice lady) and she does not know either way on the OC thing but she will get her husband to talk to the Sheriff (they are kind buddies) and possibly get her daughter to check the Salem municipal codes first hand since they are not available online.

we had a nice chat and she is for OC but also (like the rest of us) wishes that OC'rs are respectful and operate within the confines of the law. she has my number and will get back with me on this matter when she gets some solid information.

Broondog

imported post

update:

Janet just called me back and after a talk with the Sheriff and getting him-hawed around a bit, he admitted that OC is LEGAL in Salem, MO. she also talked with the owner of the venue that the rally is being held at and he said that the decision to allow OC at the rally was up to her. and she is for it as long as we are not crazy people. :lol:

i hope to see some of you guys/gals there!

patriotthad

imported post

What: Open Carry Gun Rights Meeting (Open Carry of firearms not required or requestedbut welcomed)

When: TueDecember 1st 5:00 PM

Where: Red Apple Grill, #42 Court Square, West Plains MO

Topics include: Legislative update, How to get local ordinance changed, how to handle a Law Enforcement encounter and many other topics
Speakers Include: Law Enforcement Officer Thad Wheeler and others to be announced.

Hosted By the Constitution Party of Missouri

Contact info:
Thad Wheeler
Phone 417-932-4244
E-Mail patriotthad@yahoo.com

Lunie

imported post

I walked past the Red Apple not terribly long ago. It might be worth the trip to come check it out, if I can get outta town quick enough.

Any chance there might a venue in Rolla sometime though?