• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

obama s csarz

Alexcabbie

imported post

Wow, folks; for some reason I tuned into 570 TNT at noon today and (possibly because they fear the FCC) they had some loonie Lefty on, forget his name.

But he was saying that the RIGHT is going absolutely nuts and he fears "another Oklahoma City" from these "gun slinging extremists" that have just "taken over the opposition" to Obamacare. He called "these gun nuts" "just rabid". :cuss:

As far as I know we don't go around attacking old men and biting pieces off of people. These Ubamanistas are really having a Fizzies party, aren't they?

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
Then there's this Van Jones imbecile as the "green" czar. Not only is he an avowed communist, but a 9/11 "truther" on top of it. Yet all I heard from democrats was that obozo would lead from the middle.
The State would never allow someone who questioned 9/11 to hold high office. He's recanted that position.

KansasMustang

imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
Do czars have any power whatsoever? These positions are extra-constitutional and, IMO, carry no authority. At best, they seem to be agents of the President, subject to checks and balances. So why worry?

If I got a letter from a czar I would ignore it.
Another post from a "progressive" methinks. You're obviously burying your head in the sand. Pay attention!

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What we have to watch out for is the legislation that has been floating around in congress that would give these czars and cabinet heads the ability to make regulatory policy "carte blanc" without any accountability to congress. If any of this legislation passes, Obama will be able to rule over us all, from the WH. Congress would become null and void.

Bluntly, it's like acquiring an"Enabling Act"incrementally.
http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/dictator.htm

Alexcabbie

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
What we have to watch out for is the legislation that has been floating around in congress that would give these czars and cabinet heads the ability to make regulatory policy "carte blanc" without any accountability to congress. If any of this legislation passes, Obama will be able to rule over us all, from the WH. Congress would become null and void.

Bluntly, it's like acquiring an"Enabling Act"incrementally.
http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/dictator.htm
Maybe, but once Pelosi the power-mad harpy realizes that she won't have any say, she will scotch that. The only way this tribe of "Czars" will get such a de facto "enabling act" is if, once the Ratz lose their majority they manage to put it through before their replacements are sworn in, thus crippling the Republicans in the event they don't gain a majority that can overcome a veto of their repeal of said "enaling act". Boy. Fighting these people is like playing 5-dimensional game of Wack-a-Mole.

TFred

imported post

Interesting... This is starting to get a little bit of news coverage.

TFred

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-3226

Czar Accountability and Reform (CZAR) Act of 2009

To provide that appropriated funds may not be used to pay for any salaries or expenses of any task force, council, or similar office which is established by or at the direction of the President and headed by an individual who has been inappropriately appointed to such position (on other than an interim basis), without the advice and consent of the Senate.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

centsi wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:
Then there's this Van Jones imbecile as the "green" czar. Not only is he an avowed communist, but a 9/11 "truther" on top of it. Yet all I heard from democrats was that obozo would lead from the middle.
The State would never allow someone who questioned 9/11 to hold high office. He's recanted that position.
You would hope "the state" (or just a public outcry) would also stop someone from NAMBLA to even be a parking enforcement officer, yet Van Jones did become a czar, and didn't recant his asinine position (on 9/11) until the public said WTF!?!? Obviously few are vetted by "the state", hence Sotomayor on the bench!! Let a white guy even hint that he's wise...:uhoh:

Further, obozo wasn't properly vetted. He just played on people's emotions, and spewed some drivel about change. The only "change" is that chicago thugs are running the country, instead of rich kid creeps from the north east.

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
centsi wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:
You would hope "the state" (or just a public outcry) would also stop someone from NAMBLA to even be a parking enforcement officer, yet Van Jones did become a czar, and didn't recant his asinine position (on 9/11) until the public said WTF!?!? Obviously few are vetted by "the state", hence Sotomayor on the bench!! Let a white guy even hint that he's wise...:uhoh:

Further, obozo wasn't properly vetted. He just played on people's emotions, and spewed some drivel about change. The only "change" is that chicago thugs are running the country, instead of rich kid creeps from the north east.
I think you missed my point. Everybody that serves the State is vetted by it. That is why people who question it's history are not allowed in. Even commies.

KansasMustang

imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
Do czars have any power whatsoever? These positions are extra-constitutional and, IMO, carry no authority. At best, they seem to be agents of the President, subject to checks and balances. So why worry?

No power? So that's why some Congressmen are getting upset about the Czars, because they're afraid that they're (Obama's administration) are going to bypass congress and set policies and laws from the whitehouse,,,wakey wakey

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

centsi wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:
centsi wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:

I think you missed my point. Everybody that serves the State is vetted by it. That is why people who question it's history are not allowed in. Even commies.
Uhhh... no. I understood your point, you misunderstood me perhaps, and certainly aren't aware of current events. I meant that people who believe 9/11 was an inside job are either insane, brainwashed and stupid or just need to attach themselves to a group. They have no business working for the post office, let alone screwing up my coffee order at Starbucks. It's also obviously escaped your attention, but the state is ate up with commies at all levels, and now it merely has one less with the riddance of Van Jones.

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
Uhhh... no. I understood your point, you misunderstood me perhaps, and certainly aren't aware of current events. I meant that people who believe 9/11 was an inside job are either insane, brainwashed and stupid or just need to attach themselves to a group. They have no business working for the post office, let alone screwing up my coffee order at Starbucks.
Wow. Well I have to say that I don't consider myself to be insane, nor brainwashed and stupid. I do belong to ODCO, so maybe that fulfills your requirement. I'm not defending Van Jones per se, I'm just defending people who don't blindly follow State history. Questioning State history is questioning the State itself, something that very few who work for it ever get away with.

As far as 9/11, I'm sure the majority of ODCO members would disagree with me but I hope they wouldn't call me insane or stupid just because I have different views about a historical event. I've come to my understanding about 9/11 through objective research on the facts. Most people are either too lazy or scared to do that. I was once both.

riverrat10k

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
riverrat10k wrote:

Another post from a "progressive" methinks. You're obviously burying your head in the sand. Pay attention!

Thems fighting words, KM.

Just looking for any basis in their "authority."What legislative, judicial, or executive authority does a "czar" have by statute. Anyone? Bueller?

I don't think they got none.

F$%& a Czar.

Alexcabbie

imported post

centsi wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:
Uhhh... no. I understood your point, you misunderstood me perhaps, and certainly aren't aware of current events. I meant that people who believe 9/11 was an inside job are either insane, brainwashed and stupid or just need to attach themselves to a group. They have no business working for the post office, let alone screwing up my coffee order at Starbucks.
Wow. Well I have to say that I don't consider myself to be insane, nor brainwashed and stupid. I do belong to ODCO, so maybe that fulfills your requirement. I'm not defending Van Jones per se, I'm just defending people who don't blindly follow State history. Questioning State history is questioning the State itself, something that very few who work for it ever get away with.

As far as 9/11, I'm sure the majority of ODCO members would disagree with me but I hope they wouldn't call me insane or stupid just because I have different views about a historical event. I've come to my understanding about 9/11 through objective research on the facts. Most people are either too lazy or scared to do that. I was once both.
Okay, but I SAW THE AIRLINER GO INTO THE PENTAGON and it weren't no "missile" either. And as for the "truther" statement that burning jet fuel will not "melt steel"; it doesn't HAVE to melt. In the case of the WTC the steel only had to get soft enough to lose its temper. Once that happened collapse was inevitable. Got that? the steel did not melt,it got red-hot and softened. Now how about that moon landing?? I hate to use this emoticon, centsei, but you deserve it::quirky

Alexcabbie

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
centsi wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:

Uh, PFW. Am I missing something? Your comment caused me to do a massivde Google of "Van Jones Nambla" and all I could come up with was a bunch of loose references, in none of which the two connected. You know something we don't?? OH, it would be just TOO delightful to find out whatever "Czar" has been appointed to oversee grade schools is linked to the "eight is too late" bunch. That would be enough to bring the entire DemonRat establishment down in a mushroom cloud of dust!!!

I also ran across Alan Colmes' high school picture during my search. He looks like ME at age 17. Oh my head....:banghead:

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote
Okay, but I SAW THE AIRLINER GO INTO THE PENTAGON and it weren't no "missile" either. And as for the "truther" statement that burning jet fuel will not "melt steel"; it doesn't HAVE to melt. In the case of the WTC the steel only had to get soft enough to lose its temper. Once that happened collapse was inevitable. Got that? the steel did not melt,it got red-hot and softened. Now how about that moon landing?? I hate to use this emoticon, centsei, but you deserve it::quirky
I didn't say anything about the Pentagon, did I? As far as WTC goes, let's take a simpler approach and deal with the collapse of a building that wasn't hit by a plane, WTC7. It was a 47 story steel-framed high-rise that collapsed about 7 hours after the 2 towers. "Fire brought it down!".

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That's what brought this building to the ground? How many other steel-framed high-rises collapsed due to fire before 9/11? "0". How many after 9/11? "0" I would think if fire were to bring down any building, it could have been this one:

Alexcabbie

imported post

Brooooother. :banghead: The WTC was built differently. all the stress was on the outer skin. There were NO inner supporting columns. For God's sakes read Populaar Mech...

OH NEVER MIND.