Thread: Taurus PT140

, ,

Post imported post

i've been looking for a good carry to replace my full frame 1911. (im small, 5'9, 140 lbs soaking wet)

anyways, i've been leaning towards a Taurus PT140. any thoughts? pros/cons, suggestions, anything?

Yorktown, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I have the PT145 (45acp version) and like it alot. It is my primary CC weapon. Taurus' are not expensive so you have some extra cash for extra mags, holsters etc.

I like the thumb safety, the 10+1, the weight, size,and trigger pull. It is definitely not as accurate as my SIG but it fits in my pocket with a Don Hume pocket holster. It also happens to fit my SIG paddle holster.

While many will say Taurus is a cheaper brand, I haven't had any firing problems with mine. They come with a lifetime warranty. If you have to leave it in your car and it gets stolen, it wouldn't cost that much to replace. :-) I liken it to a Hyundai, it ain't a Mercedes but it has a great warranty.

So it makes a great CC or BUG. If you are concerned about recoil they make a 9mm version too. My ex-wife didn't like the recoil of her PT140 and wound up getting another Taurus in 9mm. Comfort and size make a difference because if it is uncomfortable to carry you will most likely leave it home.
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum: I think, therefore I am armed."

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar
    Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Have you thought about something like this

I've been looking at a used hawg at my local gunstore and really like it.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002