• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello All

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for joining us here. The only news stories I am seeing near janesville are the ones from Milton rewording their firearm possession ordinance to be in-line with state laws, and Madison still refusing to accept that people have 2A rights

If you do not have plans for 09-06, make a drive to near green bay and join a few of us for a O-C get together with lots of great food, and gubernatorial Candidate Mark Todd is planning on attending too.

AaronS

imported post

Welcome. Hope you enjoy all the info that this forum has to offer. I know the feeling. I am the only user that is on the North side of Milwaukee (well Glendale is close)... My local cops (Brown Deer and Milwaukee), must have gotten used to me, as I have never been stopped as of yet, and I carry every day. I do have to start shopping more (the wife does most of the shopping).

What I did is start putting on the holster, and keeping it on for most of the time I was at home. I think it helped me get used to it(it was harder then you might think). After about two months, I don't even think twice about it. And the best is that I do not bump doors with the gun/holster anymore! My first times outside were a bit odd feeling for me. Now, I don't think 90% of the people I see even look at it (do I need a larger gun?).

Say, you do know that our "last of the year" highway cleanup is in Oct? We could use more people to help out. Might not be as good as a nice dog walk down the city streets, but it does get the word out to a lot of people.