• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped in Warren...

Veritas

imported post

Venator wrote:
I can't even watch them all. The stop in the parking lot with the CPL holder makes me sick.
I missed that one I think. Can you post the link (or tell me where to find it)?

Wait nevermind... I think I know which one it is now. The one with the dude in the car. Got it. :p

Haman J.T.

imported post

Venator wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Then maybe the President of Michigan Open Carry should make a call?
The President of MOC sent a letter to the Police Commissioner (They don't have a Chief listed) after hammeggs stop. I have not heard anything from him. I've beenwaiting until hammeggs works things out. I'm here if needed.
I recieved the 10 day extension for FOIA 9/2/09. Another little tidbit, a couple days after my stop,the clerk at the Dollar General at VanDyke&Martin asked me what was up,the day of my stop the LEO's had come there looking for me. Sounds like a dragnet,since I was stopped at Hoover &12 mile. Do you suppose me, a peacable citizen,caused such a rukkus? Still workin on it! You did good Fatboy,considering how much you have to remember when stopped. I guess practice will make perfect. I liked the Idea of turning on the voice recorder before leaving, why didn't I think of that!Thanks! Still OCing in Warren!God Bless The U.S.!

FatboyCykes

imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
We still need to get together for lunch at Big Boy's and then walk down to the Dollar Store. I have a recorder and camcorder. We just need about 2 more people.

George

gekgun@yahoo.com
Hmmm, I don't know about big boys...I worked there for about 2 years in high school...then walking to the store...:p

I'm game. I'd be just as interested, if not more, meeting at wendy's or bk @ 10 and Ryan, just throwing that out there :)

How's this Saturday look for anyone interested?

Haman J.T.

imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
We still need to get together for lunch at Big Boy's and then walk down to the Dollar Store. I have a recorder and camcorder. We just need about 2 more people.

George

gekgun@yahoo.com
Im game. What time.I can walk to BigBoy,can't drive right now.

mikestilly

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
thekunk47 wrote:

George

gekgun@yahoo.com
Im game. What time.I can walk to BigBoy,can't drive right now.

I'm up for a walk. I have a hand held scanner. I need to dig it out and make sure it works. I really need to get a good voice recorder.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
I think we all agree with those sentiments, and if you'd like to personally cover the retainer on a lawyer, I'll be happy to pay you back if I get one of those checks with a bunch of zeroes. The simple fact of the matter is that a lawsuit like that is not going to be cheap. And to be honest I'm not looking to be rich, I'd just like to enjoy my rights hassle free. I can't afford those giant leaps so I'll take baby steps. I'm sure if something really terrible happened and a lawyer say the $$$ from his/her chair, I'd be able to work out a contingency payment plan. But on my matter out of 7 lawyers, none were really interested, but wanted between 5-10K to even begin. I quite simply don't have that money w/o putting my family in financial concern. With a wife and three young boys, not going to happen.

I pledge $100 to the cause. Anyone else?

"This weapon is not being carried under the authority of my CPL officer."

Haman J.T.

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Ah, ok, that makes more sense :p We're talking about the big boy on 12 mile, not on Ryan :p Still works minus the wendy's and BK.
12 mile & Hoover. An area imbedded in my psyche.

Michigander

imported post

Count me in for any saturday meeting in warren.

I like the walk idea. I do enjoy sitting around for hours on end talking to you guys and gals at restaurants, but the point here is visibility.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Thanks Jeff, can you bump it a little and make it an even 1000? :D

Sorry, I promised myself the next grand I can squeeze out will be used to finish my evil black rifle.

Seriously though, between you, hamneggs or theserzdi, there has to be a shot at a civil suit. Could be the beginnings ofthis defense trust everyone is talking about.

Am I just being too wishful here?

thekunk47

imported post

Ok, let's pick a day and time.We can have coffe at Big Boy;s and then stroll to the Dollar store and around a bit.The more visible the better.But we must have 4 people.Recorders and witnesses are going to be the key to ending the hassles.I'm self-employed so I'm available most any time as long as I have a little notice.

George

gekgun@yahoo.com

Michigander

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Am I just being too wishful here?
Not really, it will just be difficult to arrange. In these tough economic times, no one here is particularly well off, so it will be hard to get the money initially. But once one case is won and a fund is set up, that could open up the flood gates.

A really good and really sympathetic lawyer willing to work on commission would also be nice.:?

I'd suggest that we ask the NRA for help, but I wouldn't want anyone to fall dead from laughing too hard.

Michigander

imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
Ok, let's pick a day and time.

How about this saturday at 9 am for breakfast, or 12 noon for lunch?

Not hard to make an event thread, just gotta say where and when. I'd do it, but one of you warren guys should do it since it's in warren and you know the area better.

EDIT: Woops, couldn't help myself, made a thread. Be there or be square. :D